Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #241
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

ANY Mickey Mail is wonderful!!!! Glad you got your tix and you have things even more figured out for the ADR's! The 26th will be here before you know it!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #242
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
ANY Mickey Mail is wonderful!!!! Glad you got your tix and you have things even more figured out for the ADR's! The 26th will be here before you know it!
Yay I know!!! Might not have to wait till the 26th...

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #243
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Ahh just keep trying!! I'm sure you'll get it exactly one of these days. And I am not annoyed at all with the ADR posts because I know how frustrating it is to get the ADRs you want!! Also, today the sun is out but it is still like 40 degrees. But hey it's the first time I've seen the sun in about a week!!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #244
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Ahh just keep trying!! I'm sure you'll get it exactly one of these days. And I am not annoyed at all with the ADR posts because I know how frustrating it is to get the ADRs you want!! Also, today the sun is out but it is still like 40 degrees. But hey it's the first time I've seen the sun in about a week!!
Ya it's sunny and 52 here. Very nice right now kinda cold in the apt and I'm glad we don't have to pay for heat!!!!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #245
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

ADRS...am I finished??

HI DIS!!!

I hop everyone has had a great weekend! I must say, it's nice being able to go home to Pittsburgh for the weekend but it's also very nice to stay in Cincinnati and not have to make the 5 hour drive back on Sunday!

I was very happy because yesterday I went out shopping and got a new pair of nike shoes(white, silver, and baby blue stripe) at Kohls for $30! They were 75 but on sale. I figured they will be good disney shoes except for the fact I hate wearing tennis shoes and would rather live in my nike flip flops and crocs but as I learned last year, some nights get COLD in Dec and you need closed toe shoes...these will work!!!

DISNEY NEWS:

I started going through all my ADRs yesterday and began to cancel some. All in all I had booked 15 ADRs for 5 days oops! So I went through one by one and began to cancel them. Among the ADRs I canceled was my original 10:10 ADR for Ohana (without discount). After I canceled the ADRs I thought hm, if Ohana was booked and I canceled the ADR, would it show up as 30% off if I call now...so I thought about it, and called.

Conversation:
"I want an ADR for 12/15 for Ohana breakfast at 30% off cast holiday"
CM: "Okay well I have CM holiday and CM so I'll book it for you 50% off CM holiday okay I can get a 10:10!!!"
Me: "no no no, that is not for 2009, that is for 2008, you have to put in my ID"
CM: "okay hold on" "okay it's booked for 50% off 2009 holiday"
me: "no no, I want it saying 30% off"
CM: "okay I'll check 30%, my mistake"..no that is booked too
Me: "okay thanks I'll try back"
CM: "well wait a second, I had booked that other ADR, let me cancel it and see if 30% pops up.."
ME: so I wait and wait and wait...

CM: "GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

10:10 ADR FOR OHANA 12/15 AT 30% OFF!!!!!!!

So thanks to Mulrone and his quick thinking( and me canceling the former 10:10 ADR) I now have all my ADRs booked and confirmed

DME ISSUES!!!!

So after my joy, I decided that I better call DME and confirm all the airline info since 2 are on one flight and 2 on another:

ME: "I'D LIKE TO CONFIRM MY DME INFO HERE IS MY RESSIE NUMBER"
CM: "OKAY WHAT INFO HAVE YOU ADDED"
ME: "I BELIEVE ALL OF IT I WAS CALLING TO CONFIRM THE INFO IS ALL CORRECT SINCE 2 PEOPLE ARE ON ONE FLIGHT AND 2 ARE ON ANOTHER, IS THERE A PROBLEM"
CM: "YES MA'AM NO INFO HAS BEEN ADDED FOR YOUR DME JUST ONE FLIGHT OF YOUR ENTIRE STAY"
...oh boy...

So the CM adds all the info for both ressies and I call DME to arrange extra luggage tags for DM and Dbro's southwest flight.
..I'm super glad I called because assuming the CM who edited the WL ressie was supposed to add DME info that I gave to that ressie and YC ressie. It's all taken care of now and they say the package will be sent 45 days before the trip ie: Next Saturday!!!

It has been a good weekend for sure!!! I found accurate meuns off of WDW.com and printed those out and added them to my binder so we will be set to go!!

For now that is it

51 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I also thought I would post my facebook info on here if you are interested in following me via FACEBOOK. I'll be doing cell phone updates on there when I'm at WDW. Because I am a teacher, my profile is blocked so you will have to friend me. Please when you send a request put who you are on disboards so I can link name and face to your disboard name!!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...50784&ref=name

STAY TUNED!
...WILL MY HOLIDAY PACKAGE ARRIVE?!
...WHEN WILL I START MY PACKING/SHOPPING LISTS?!
...DAY BY DAY EVENTS PLUS ADRS!!!
...IS THERE A HOLIDAY CAKE IN OUR FUTURE?!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 10-18-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #246
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great deal on the shoes! They sound really cute.

Thanks for adding me on facebook...yay for more DIS friends!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #247
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Glad you got your Adrs figured out

Shoe sound really cute
Old 10-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #248
nic100308
DIS Veteran

I'm glad that everything seems to be coming together for you. LOL for awhile there I felt so sorry for you, everything seemed to be all over the place. I'm not sure how you juggled all that, but you handled it like a pro!

I can't wait to hear a review on all your ADR's. This will be our first trip with free dining, let alone the DDP, so we're really going to take advantage of it.

Is the 45 day mark when they sent out your travel docs and ME info? I just noticed in the emails I got from Disney that our Apt # was missing. I called to change it but and the lady said nothing had gone out yet but she wasn't very helpful or reassuring. I'll have to call again later.
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 10-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #249
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Hey, I just sent a friend invite to you. I don't have facebook access in my classroom, but my office (in another building) is another story, lol.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #250
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Your ADR venture is over! It is smooth sailing from here!! Sooooo close!

Glad you caught that DME issue! I have to call and make some adjustments to mine...got switched to a different flight!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #251
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great deal on the shoes! They sound really cute.

Thanks for adding me on facebook...yay for more DIS friends!
Yay! I love my new shoes. I got them in an 8.5 and the pink ones in an 8 that I wear for the gym and now I wish I woulda gotten the 8.5 in pink cuz they seem so tight now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Glad you got your Adrs figured out

Shoe sound really cute
Thanks! I'm super thrilled everything worked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
I'm glad that everything seems to be coming together for you. LOL for awhile there I felt so sorry for you, everything seemed to be all over the place. I'm not sure how you juggled all that, but you handled it like a pro!

I can't wait to hear a review on all your ADR's. This will be our first trip with free dining, let alone the DDP, so we're really going to take advantage of it.

Is the 45 day mark when they sent out your travel docs and ME info? I just noticed in the emails I got from Disney that our Apt # was missing. I called to change it but and the lady said nothing had gone out yet but she wasn't very helpful or reassuring. I'll have to call again later.
They told me on the phone they mail out DME stuff 45 days prior to the trip so that will be Saturday for us. Gotta love those CMs. The one I talked to from DME about the extra tags was less than thrilling on the phone but if we don't get the tags we will still have plenty of time to call for more. As far as the travel docs, we don't get anything really like the special luggage tags from the resorts since I'm a CM and book my package through my CM site but I would imagine those types of things would be 45 days as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Hey, I just sent a friend invite to you. I don't have facebook access in my classroom, but my office (in another building) is another story, lol.
I my lunch! I get my fill of dis! I don't have a pc in my classroom either but we have a teacher lounge where I can go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post

Your ADR venture is over! It is smooth sailing from here!! Sooooo close!

Glad you caught that DME issue! I have to call and make some adjustments to mine...got switched to a different flight!
Yes! gotta love CMs who you hope they know what they are doing!!!

I wasn't going to take up a whole post to post what little news I have so I'll post here.

Randomly last night, Dd was checking email and saw our flight to MCO had been changed and he FLIPS OUT so I was like calm down, how bad could it be. He says we leave 5 mins later now at 8:10, not 8:05...

big deal.

Then he confirms our seats for the flight..yes they were right

And he confirms the seats going home (supposed to be 16D 15D asiles)
..no they were wrong
We were now 35 D and C
So we think they changed the plane and now changed our seats and put us on an asile and middle, like what?!!!! So we changed those seats and moved up to 17 D and 19D both asiles.

I'm a tad concerned because our plane to MCO isn't even 25% filled and I'm praying they don't cancel the flight. Dd says they won't bc the plane will have to fly somewhere from MCO the next day so until I'm in MCO, I'll hold my breath lol. Going home our plane is about 80% filled

Well that is it for now. I'm gonna get tons of sleep tonight to prepare for our Boofest school party tomorrow night!!!!
Take care

Old 10-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #252
nic100308
DIS Veteran

That's happened to us before, actually the last time we went to Disney I got one of those emails too. It is VERY alarming until you see it only changes the time by a few minutes. Once we were going to Mexico and thought we had a direct flight to Puerta Vallarta only to realize when we picked up our tickets from the TA that there was a connection in Mexico City. What a nightmare that was!! To this day DH will go to any lengths not to have to transfer in Mexico City.
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 10-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #253
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
That's happened to us before, actually the last time we went to Disney I got one of those emails too. It is VERY alarming until you see it only changes the time by a few minutes. Once we were going to Mexico and thought we had a direct flight to Puerta Vallarta only to realize when we picked up our tickets from the TA that there was a connection in Mexico City. What a nightmare that was!! To this day DH will go to any lengths not to have to transfer in Mexico City.

I was fine with it, 5 mins is 5 mins hehe

I called DME bc Dm called and said our extra luggage tags arrived today but not the package. I called and they said the package was sent today so I had her confirm the departing flights from WDW and they were never entered so this is 3 times now that a CM was to enter the info for the departing flights and it was not added. I spoke to DME directly and she assured me that the info I just gave her was entered like what the heck disney?!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #254
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

LOL I got a few of those e-mails, too. Only, mine worked out to be in my favor!! We got an e-mail about our return flight. We were a connecting flight coming home. They changed the length of the layover and made it 10 minutes longer. Before we got this e-mail, I found out that DS had a wrestling tournament the day after we came home. We were not supposed to land in Philadelphia until 11:30 pm. That would make things rough on DS. So, it said if their was an issue with the change to call and seek other options. I called. They said they could offer us an earlier flight (4:30) and it would be non-stop and there would be no extra cost. Well, that flight was going for $145 more per seat than what we paid. So, that was a hugee savings. Plus, after finding out about the wrestling thing, I was secrectly wishing they would offer that flight. It ended up being a bleesing for us! Just thought I'd share! And, there are still 6 weeks until we go...they could always change again! That was the second time that one had changed!

Old 10-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #255
CPer'sMom
DIS Veteran

Megan,

Did your Holiday Celebration packet arrive?? My DD got hers today It's always fun getting Disney mail like that and she's now even more excited for her (our) December Disney weekend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: