Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #226
nic100308
DIS Veteran

mmmmmm I LOVE CORNDOGS!!!!!
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 10-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #227
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins_jazy View Post
Just stoppin by to hear your updates. Looks like you got a great christmas package from Disney. Sorry the Cirque show wasn't as great as you'd like. We've never seen Cirque or LN so I wouldn't know the difference between the two. How did it go with your ADR's this morning? Hope you were able to get everything you wanted.
Well, I was able to call and they were able to book my Mama Melrose for 40% off. The girl: Constance said that I can't use a lower coupon when it says 50% so she was able to put 40% off in the system and got 4:55 I booked a 5:05 this morning but it says 50% off so I'll have to cancel it later today and stick with 40% one. I tried to call it up on the computer and it wont let me and keeps saying error. I called to confirm it and they confirmed it for me so I guess I'm good with that one. Ohana she said is not eligable for 30% off just 50% off so I'll keep checking or pick something else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
I've never eaten at either. But, heard good things about both. We are doing a CS the night of the MVMCP we are attending. Those are the two that are on my list.
I prefer CHH over Caseys. I'm not a huge hot dog person but I love the chicken and fish at CHH and Pecos Bills has good burgers and the burger bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPer'sMom View Post
HI Megan

I finally found my way over here! Looks like you'll be having a great Christmas trip We love going at that time of the year (especially with all the discounts!!) I hope you were able to get those holiday discount ADRs this morning. My DD was able to get a long week-end booked in December with the great room discount Wish it could be longer, but 3 days is better than none, especially since she missed Disney Christmas last year.

Did you know the hiring freeze has been lifted a bit now? One of my DD's friends was able to finally get back to a manager's position in the same area where he'd done one of his AIs -- and another CP friend is having interviews for a couple of great jobs. So ...... if that northern weather is getting to you toooo much you might just have to see what *other* opportunities are now available!!

Hope you're feeing better
!!!!!! I assumed the freeze was lifted to some degree. A friend of mine that I did the CP with, he went part time at Front.land attractions and is now FT in Tomorrowland attractions and that was within a few weeks so lucky him. I still never got a call for casting but I'm assuming the merch/bbb lists are the biggest!

When will you be going/staying in Dec??? Did your DD have any issues booking her dining ADRs???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Oh my gosh! How did I get so behind? Sorry that you are having so many issues with booking the ADR's and that you are sick That is NO FUN! I can't wait to move somewhere where it is warm when I am done with school. Anyways, hopefully everything will work out for you in the end. I will cross my fingers!!
Well 2 are done I guess. I'm just waiting on one ADR for my 30% off which if I could play around with it online I would but I can't so I'll have to wait. Perhaps when the current coupon expires on 10/31 I'll be able to book online then!
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #228
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
mmmmmm I LOVE CORNDOGS!!!!!
'

I agree
Old 10-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #229
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Discount ADRs...

Well...I decided to get up 5 mins extra this morning and check online to see if I was able to book my discount ADRs yet and it still just said cast holiday. I went ahead and found a 5:05 ADR for MM and booked it saying 1/2 off knowing I might have to cancel it. We would like that ADR to be a little later because we can check in at WL at 3 so then we won't have to rush over to DHS and 5:05 was a perfect time so I have happy

On my way to work I decided to call the cast number to speak with someone about using a lower discount even though the booking says 1/2 off. I spoke with Constance who confirmed with her manager that you can't use a lower coupon with the 50% off and then said she could check about using the lower coupon.

In her system she was given a menu saying: CM, CM 50%, CM 40%, and CM 30% which is what I thought mine would say but it did not. She was able to get me a 4:55 ADR for MM for 40% off

I had her check Ohana next and she could not get 30% off just 50% off so I thanked her and took my confirm number and got off the phone. When I got to work I tried to call up the number on the computer...error.

So I waited and called on my break and had them confirm and it was indeed there but will not be called up just like my CLP dinner at Nine Dragons.

So for now I guess 2 are booked and fine. I was not all for this whole online booking thing and now I'm kinda liking the freedom of changing things around and wish I could do the discounts myself but I guess all good things come to those who wait??

Well that is it for now I guess. I'll update again soon!!

Old 10-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #230
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

LOL, even CMs see the dreaded error sometimes!

Old 10-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #231
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
LOL, even CMs see the dreaded error sometimes!
Ohhh let me tell you I see that error message and want to just throw the computer out the window. When I kept getting it when trying to pull up my CLP dinner package ADR I finally called and asked a CM why it was and he goes I don't know maybe because you can't book CLP online it has to be through the phone.

Gotta wonder where they get these people and gotta wonder who their trainers are!!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:05 PM   #232
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

I vote for Caseys
Old 10-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #233
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Glad you were able to get a bit more suitable time for MM. Slowly but surely you will get all your ADR's just where and when you want them!!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #234
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I vote for Caseys
My Dbro would agree with you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Glad you were able to get a bit more suitable time for MM. Slowly but surely you will get all your ADR's just where and when you want them!!!!
All good things take time so I guess I have to put my excitement aside and just sit and chill and wait!!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #235
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

ADRs again!

Well I am back again. I bet you all are getting sick of me and my silly ADR posts!!!!

Well, I got another email back from WDW today about my online booking question and was told from CM Paige that because the window of ADRs has gone from 90 to 180, we will be able to book our holiday ADRs starting on 10/26 when the booking window goes to 180 since the coupons are good until Feb 11. She also said that I can still book my coupon ADRs over the phone until 10/26 and starting on 10/26 I'll be able to view my ADRs that I booked over the phone. Okay fine, question answered finally...

So I sat there on my lunch thinking well hm...I have my 40% booked over the phone and did my 50% at Artist Point online. Do I want to wait around and see if the 50% was legit or call and rebook AP saying 50% off. I gave in and called AGAIN and booked at 5:45 ADR for AP at 50% off. The CM-Duke that I talked to was not even aware of the coupons yet until he put in my WDW ID number--let's hope he booked the right ADR discount
I had him check for 30% off Ohana and Chef Mickeys for the 13th and 15th and both were booked. I'll be very happy on 10/26 when I can do this stuff myself rather than calling. I did not have to hold so I was a happy camper in that sense!!

We have also decided to cancel Plaza and do a CS that night of MVMCP. Dbro will want Caseys, Dd will want CHH, Dm could careless, and I want CHH or Pecos so we'll see!!!

If for some reason I can't get Ohana booked at 30% off we'll still eat there and paid full price but then we can either use the 30% at a CS meal or let it go to waste!!

MORE DISNEY NEWS:.........

OUR MVMCP TIX ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!

Dm called me after work and said the tix arrived in the mail today. She says they are tickets like the ones you get at the gate with my main gate pass (paper ticket). I don't have pics of them yet bc I'm stayin in OH for the weekend but next weekend, there will be pics for sure!!!

Well, that is it for now! My weekend will be filled with canceling my unused ADRs and trying to get over this cold I've had all week!

HAVE A SUNNY WEEKEND!!!!!!
(it's raining and 40 right now )

BLAST FROM THE PAST PIC:
RnR in 2000-Dbro 13 and I'm 15

Old 10-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #236
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

The arrival of the MVMCP tickets are the best!

I think there is something odd about the call in/online reservations. I can pull up all of my reservations except my CP dinner package ressie. I figured it was because it was one I could not reserve online.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #237
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
The arrival of the MVMCP tickets are the best!

I think there is something odd about the call in/online reservations. I can pull up all of my reservations except my CP dinner package ressie. I figured it was because it was one I could not reserve online.
I know what you mean! I called twice to confirm my CP package and they said because you can't book it online you can't view it online. I'm taking full trust in these people and will be at the restaurant with my confirmation number in hand just in case!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #238
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yay for getting your party tickets!

Love the old RNRC picture too. You look so little!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #239
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Yay for getting your MVMCP Tickets

Old 10-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #240
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay for getting your party tickets!

Love the old RNRC picture too. You look so little!
I know yay!!

I have some more news to post on (busy weekend!) but I'll wait till tomorrow for people to breathe between my 2 posts already in like 2 days hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Yay for getting your MVMCP Tickets

I know, I can't wait to see them next week!! I'm hoping my holiday package will be in the mail by next weekend too!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: