Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #211
nic100308
DIS Veteran

You know I have heard that the traveling shows are not as good and the permanent ones (like La Nouba) One year DH get us tickets to Wintuk for my birthday and we were soooo disappointing. We would barely call that a Cirque show. So if you're thinking about going, I wouldn't waste the money. Since you get a discount are you going to go to La Nouba!?!?! You totally should, it is such a wonderful show!! We had a friend buy us our tickets as an anniversary gift, which was so nice of her!! But we had such great seats last time that I called the box office this time to get the same seats, and WE GOT 'EM!!!

I'm glad you're mom liked her planning binder, it was awfully cute!!

Keep the updates a coming!!
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 10-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #212
Elevationist
DIS Veteran

I've yet to see Cirque live! As many times as I've been to WDW, somehow La Nouba always gets sidelined for "Next time" because we try to squeeze in so much park time. I really do hope that "next time" happens on our next trip!

- December 2009, Coronado Springs - February 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 2005, All-Star Music - January 2002, Offsite
- July 2000, Offsite - January 2000, Offsite - April 1998, All-Star Sports - May 1986, Offsite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #213
moparop
DIS Veteran

That sounds like an awesome package! I cant wait to hear what you have to say about MVMCP!!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:52 PM   #214
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
You know I have heard that the traveling shows are not as good and the permanent ones (like La Nouba) One year DH get us tickets to Wintuk for my birthday and we were soooo disappointing. We would barely call that a Cirque show. So if you're thinking about going, I wouldn't waste the money. Since you get a discount are you going to go to La Nouba!?!?! You totally should, it is such a wonderful show!! We had a friend buy us our tickets as an anniversary gift, which was so nice of her!! But we had such great seats last time that I called the box office this time to get the same seats, and WE GOT 'EM!!!

I'm glad you're mom liked her planning binder, it was awfully cute!!

Keep the updates a coming!!
Thanks for the advice on the show you saw!! I would LOVE to go see La Nouba again for this trip with my 50%off but we are only going to be there 4 full days because we don't get in till 10 on Thurs and leave at 2 on Tues so there is just no time. We would have to give something up ie: holiday fireworks and park time and for 4 short days and not knowing when we'll be back I'll stick with the parks and buy the DVD to keep!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevationist View Post
I've yet to see Cirque live! As many times as I've been to WDW, somehow La Nouba always gets sidelined for "Next time" because we try to squeeze in so much park time. I really do hope that "next time" happens on our next trip!
If you ever find time to do it, DO IT!!!! They also have a DVD you can buy if you don't think you'll ever be able to see it or put the money into it. I'm looking into buying it since I can't see it too often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
That sounds like an awesome package! I cant wait to hear what you have to say about MVMCP!!

I <3 my package!!!! Last Dec we were able to use the room discount at AKL and the DDP but this year we would have to rebook which we won't dare do this late in the game and it's only the QS DDP which we could careless about but everything else is WONDERFUL!! Dd and Dbro are already planning on when they can squeeze in mini golf and DQ haha. I was thinking more of like a 3 day weekend early Feb to squeeze that stuff in before the package expires!

Old 10-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #215
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Great updates!! Glad you liked the Cirque show. Good luck with your new ADR's when you make them! You are getting a nice little Christmas package there, huh??!!
Thanks!!! I'll be posting our *FINAL* ADR list ( I say final cuz who knows when it will change again!) prolly this weekend. I'm a little under the weather now. I thought it was my allergies but when I went to bed at 8 last night and woke up at 12:30 with a fever I'm guessing they aren't allergies!! I hope to have more to update soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
WOW....what an awesome Christmas package you are getting

Thanks!! Mickey is fab to his employees!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #216
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Dining Days...

YAY FOR FOOD!!!!!!

I had some time on my lunch so I thought I would post my next little tid-bit before I head home tonight and head to bed. I swear I'm ready to pack up and move back to FL. Since I've been living here I've had strep throat, bronchitis, seasonal allergies, and I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection now The dr. told me I'd get sick my first year living here between the weather and my kids at school but geez!!!!

Now that I have finally finalized all my ADRs and at one point had 15 for 5 days I have narrowed everything down

First of all: our hope was that like last year my CM package would include the DDP for Dec, well it does but its the QS DDP and we would have to rebook our room...not gonna happen!

Second of all: Discounts. This year I get 50%, 40% and 30% coupons
Well I went on just lurking the reservations and saw that the 50% discount was popping up so I went and booked all my 3 discount ADRs at 50% off assunming u can use a lesser discount at that time. Instead of a screwing up, I decided to email the holiday celebration line and wrote:

Dear ****
I was wondering if I can use a 40% or 30% coupon at a meal if the ADR says 50%. I'm able to book my ADR saying 50% off celebration but nothing will pop up saying the lower discount. Please let me know asap, thanks!

Not totally what I said but made the point...

I got the response:
Dear Megan,
You can't book HC (holiday celebration) ADRs until 10/15. The 50% off you see is for this years celebration from 2008 which expires 10/31. Check back.

Well lets see, if it ends 10/31 why would it show up in Dec when it never showed up before...gotta love silly disney CMs. So for now I have everything booked and I'll check back TOMORROW...and pray I don't have to rebook!

So here's our meals!!!

12/10 THURSDAY:

Dm and Dbro: Dinner at DTD and dessert at Beaches and Cream

Dd and I: Dinner at the airport

12/11 FRIDAY:

B: Ale and Compass at YC. Small breakfast and some coffee to get us off to AK

L: Yak n' Yeti CS or FTBbq. Undecided still.

D: Mama Melrose: 4:20 ADR with 40% off coupon

12/12/ SAT:

B: WL-roaring forks

L: Small snack or CS at Epcot: Mexico or England

D: 4:00 ADR at Nine Dragons for CLP and 6:45 show

12/13 SUN:

B/L: WL roaring forks

D: 4:10 The Plaza (might change)

Snacks: MVMCP cookies

12/14 MON:

B: WL roaring forks

L: DHS Pizza Planet

D: Artist Point (50% off coupon)

12/15 Tues:

B: Ohana 30% off coupon

L/D: Either roaring forks before airport or at the airport

Well that is it. The only one I might cancel is the Plaza. It will be our only night to eat a CS at MK and we LOVE Caseys and CHH so I might cancel it and save money! I'm looking for a later ADR for MM too but 4:20 will be fine as well!!

What would you do:

Keep Plaza or Cancel and eat a CS?????

Well my lunch is up...have a sunny day!

UPDATED 10/14 8:30PM:

Well, I might have to rebook 3 of my darn ADRs AGAIN for the 3rd time. I got another email response from WDW about my discount question and the CM said I can book tomorrow for my holiday discounts. I just really don't get how it can say a discount in Dec for the 2008 package when it expires on 10/31????!!!!! I'm hoping that the CM is wrong (as they are A LOT) but I'll still get up and check before work. The only thing I can think of is when I put in for my ADRs (like you guys do!) there is another option at the bottom to select CM discount or CM holiday and then u search and so the only thing I can think of is in that menu it will say CM discount, CM holiday 50%, CM 40% and CM 30%. Of course I checked and MM is booked for any time we would want and Ohana of course is booked. I'm keeping AP because that one already says 50% off but it seems like there are tons of openings for that one.

Stay tuned to hear the discount fate!!!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 10-14-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #217
nic100308
DIS Veteran

hhhmmmmm, I've never eaten at either one but my vote is for Cassie's because it gives you more flexibility. When you sit down it takes a little bit of time and since you only have 4 days I would say that your park time is precious. However, if you and you family would like the time to sit and relax and have a more leisured meal then go with Plaza. I think it comes down to what sort of meal you want to have. LOL I hope I helped.
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 10-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #218
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I vote for Casey's!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-14-2009, 04:44 PM   #219
luckylady
DIS Veteran

we LOVE Caseys "
We used to love Casey too. But they changed thier hot dogs!!!! They are no longer all beef but a chicken pork mix. We didn't go this past Sunday so sad. I know some on other boards that have tried the new ones and say they taste bad.
Love your ADRs.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #220
nic100308
DIS Veteran

WOO HOO!! There's a Casey's following! I have to admit I jave never had it but now that it comes highly recommended we will have to do CS meal there.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #221
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
hhhmmmmm, I've never eaten at either one but my vote is for Cassie's because it gives you more flexibility. When you sit down it takes a little bit of time and since you only have 4 days I would say that your park time is precious. However, if you and you family would like the time to sit and relax and have a more leisured meal then go with Plaza. I think it comes down to what sort of meal you want to have. LOL I hope I helped.
Caseys is very popular with my fam. I'm not a huge fan of hot dogs although the corn dogs are kinda good. I really enjoy Pecos Bill as well. I'm thinking of just canceling Plaza and doing CS. It will save time a a few bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I vote for Casey's!
My Dbro would agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
we LOVE Caseys "
We used to love Casey too. But they changed thier hot dogs!!!! They are no longer all beef but a chicken pork mix. We didn't go this past Sunday so sad. I know some on other boards that have tried the new ones and say they taste bad.
Love your ADRs.
I'm used to the chicken type of hot dogs. The school I work at serves ones that are "chicken" based because we have several kids that can't eat beef or pork because of religion so to me I guess I'm used to them now

Quote:
WOO HOO!! There's a Casey's following! I have to admit I jave never had it but now that it comes highly recommended we will have to do CS meal there.
It is very good. I like the corn dogs!! I might have to keep Plaza. I got a response today from WDW about my discount question and the CM said I can book with the discounts starting tomorrow. Of course I looked and MM is booked for the 11th and Ohana is booked for the 15 so I'll have to see. I'm keeping AP for now because it already says 50% off. I really don't want to change ADRs for the 3rd time for a 5 day trip

Old 10-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #222
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

Just stoppin by to hear your updates. Looks like you got a great christmas package from Disney. Sorry the Cirque show wasn't as great as you'd like. We've never seen Cirque or LN so I wouldn't know the difference between the two. How did it go with your ADR's this morning? Hope you were able to get everything you wanted.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #223
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

I've never eaten at either. But, heard good things about both. We are doing a CS the night of the MVMCP we are attending. Those are the two that are on my list.

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #224
CPer'sMom
DIS Veteran

HI Megan

I finally found my way over here! Looks like you'll be having a great Christmas trip We love going at that time of the year (especially with all the discounts!!) I hope you were able to get those holiday discount ADRs this morning. My DD was able to get a long week-end booked in December with the great room discount Wish it could be longer, but 3 days is better than none, especially since she missed Disney Christmas last year.

Did you know the hiring freeze has been lifted a bit now? One of my DD's friends was able to finally get back to a manager's position in the same area where he'd done one of his AIs -- and another CP friend is having interviews for a couple of great jobs. So ...... if that northern weather is getting to you toooo much you might just have to see what *other* opportunities are now available!!

Hope you're feeing better
Old 10-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #225
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh! How did I get so behind? Sorry that you are having so many issues with booking the ADR's and that you are sick That is NO FUN! I can't wait to move somewhere where it is warm when I am done with school. Anyways, hopefully everything will work out for you in the end. I will cross my fingers!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: