Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #196
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Oh! I like CP for dinner! I thought it was really good. And, we didn't have long waits for anything...but the restaurant was very busy.
I love your envelopes! Cute!!! I know you were just dying to make them for a couple of weeks now! LOL
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for CM, though!
Otherwise, your daily plans look great!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #197
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Oh! I like CP for dinner! I thought it was really good. And, we didn't have long waits for anything...but the restaurant was very busy.
I love your envelopes! Cute!!! I know you were just dying to make them for a couple of weeks now! LOL
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for CM, though!
Otherwise, your daily plans look great!
Thanks!!!!

I've pretty much given up on CM. If you can believe it, I was checking for CM 3 and 4x a day for multiple days, times, and party size. I was not losing sleep but omg it took over my life. I have lowered it to one time a day and for 4 people lol
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #198
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Best News of All!!!

HI DIS!!!!!!

I'd just like to start out saying that once again my Dd: the "we're not going back to WDW again" Dd was walking around our apt tonight packing/cleaning and singing "Hi Ho Hi Ho," I kid you not. I couldn't help but laugh

Well, nothing real big to report on well, I guess the one thing is kinda sorta important!!

2 MONTHS AND 2 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!

I'm very happy to report that my trips to the gym are beginning to pay off. I went to put my jeans on that I have not worn since I began the gym and found that they were kinda sorta loose!!! I'm super duper excited right now!!

I'm sad to report still no CM ADR. I'm not a crazy CM stalker anymore like I used to be. I'll check once, maybe twice a day now but I'm learning to give it up so oh well!

Prolly the best news of all...

I GOT MY WORK APPROVAL FOR WDW!!!!!!

I must say I was taking a minor chance having my Dd book flights without my official OK from work. I'm taking 2 days paid and one day unpaid and it was all approved today!! I was not jumping for joy as my kids were at nap when my boss brought my approval paper in my classroom but I did a mini dance
Now all I have to do is wait and see if I'm off "Black Friday." Long story short: the school is closed on Thursday but on Friday the school is still open and 4 people are ahead of me on the vacation list I'm the lonely one that has to wait and see if I can be off or not If anyone wants to come cook Thanksgiving for me since I won't go home for a day that would bee cool I'm hoping some co-workers are willing to work OT or we know we won't have a ton of kids that day to need 2 teachers. Assuming I get off, I'll be a happy camper from here till New Years!!!

Last thing before I sign off for the night. My school is having a Halloween Carnival on the 22nd and the teachers have to dress up. Thinking it would be a cute idea for myself and 2 co-teachers, I said we should be Thing 1, 2, and 3 but they seemed less than thrilled so I guess I have no idea what to be. Halloween is not really a fav holiday of mine so any ideas or suggestions would be FAB!!!!

Well that is it for now. I'll have a report on Cirque this weekend!

STAY TUNED!!!

UP NEXT:
CIRQUE: Alegria comes to PITTSBURGH!
Will Mom LOVE her WDW planning binder??

Old 10-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #199
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Congrats on loose jeans!! I need to go to the gym but I can't run so I feel like there's no point. What do you usually do there? Any tips to get motivated?

Also, what the heck kind of school has the kids come back the day after Thanksgiving?! What if people go out of town to visit family? That's ridiculous! I hope you end up getting the day off. I had my first Thanksgiving away from home last year and it actually wasn't too bad.

PS do you have a facebook?! I need more DIS friends on there!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #200
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

That is funny about your dad

Yay on your vacation approval
Old 10-09-2009, 06:58 AM   #201
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Yay on the loose jeans! I am another one who is so unmotivated when it comes to working out (as bad as that may sound).

That is crazy about your school being open the day after Thanksgiving! Hopefully everything will work out.

Can't wait to hear about Cirque.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #202
nic100308
DIS Veteran

Hello!!!

I'm a newbie to your PTR, it took me a few days but I made it through the whole thing, whew!!

What a journey you've been on. LOL I love reading about how people get to Disney, it's always a journey in and of itself. I'm gald everything worked out for you, but I have my fingers crossed for you WL first night and CM ressie!! Can't wait to hear about Cirque! I also love La Nouba, we'll be going for our second time when we go down in Dec. I just love that show!!

Can;t wait to hear more trip details, and about Cirque!!!

PS-I love you luggage!!!
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

Old 10-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #203
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Congrats on loose jeans!! I need to go to the gym but I can't run so I feel like there's no point. What do you usually do there? Any tips to get motivated?

Also, what the heck kind of school has the kids come back the day after Thanksgiving?! What if people go out of town to visit family? That's ridiculous! I hope you end up getting the day off. I had my first Thanksgiving away from home last year and it actually wasn't too bad.

PS do you have a facebook?! I need more DIS friends on there!
Yay, I'm glad we are FB friends now!! I don't have twitter or any intentions of signing up but was thinking about posting my FB on my TR if anyone wanted to follow me while I'm at WDW but you beat me to the punch!!

I go to an LA Fitness so they really have everything you could want. I the kickboxing classes!! They also have tons of other classes from basic aerobics to cycling and water aerobics. I'll do Kickboxing on Mon, aqua fit on Tues, Step class Wed, Body Works aerobics on Thurs, and typically take Fri off and Sat and Sun just to machines and weights. I thought it would be hard for me to go but knowing how much I gained from moving from FL I know I have no choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That is funny about your dad

Yay on your vacation approval
I know yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Yay on the loose jeans! I am another one who is so unmotivated when it comes to working out (as bad as that may sound).

That is crazy about your school being open the day after Thanksgiving! Hopefully everything will work out.

Can't wait to hear about Cirque.
Thanks I know. I mean aside from my class the rest of the center is a daycare. I would say 60% of my kids are there for the daycare aspect but others are there just for the schooling and arent there from 6:30am-6:30pm so we shall see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
Hello!!!

I'm a newbie to your PTR, it took me a few days but I made it through the whole thing, whew!!

What a journey you've been on. LOL I love reading about how people get to Disney, it's always a journey in and of itself. I'm gald everything worked out for you, but I have my fingers crossed for you WL first night and CM ressie!! Can't wait to hear about Cirque! I also love La Nouba, we'll be going for our second time when we go down in Dec. I just love that show!!

Can;t wait to hear more trip details, and about Cirque!!!

PS-I love you luggage!!!
!!!!

I can't wait to see Cirque. I too am in love with La Nouba so it will be interesting to compare them!

I'm on my way over to check out your PreTR!!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #204
Elevationist
DIS Veteran

How have I managed to miss your PTR until now! I'm so glad you hopped in on mine, because I'm LOVING yours! I'm totally in!

- December 2009, Coronado Springs - February 2006, Animal Kingdom Lodge - January 2005, All-Star Music - January 2002, Offsite
- July 2000, Offsite - January 2000, Offsite - April 1998, All-Star Sports - May 1986, Offsite
Old 10-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #205
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevationist View Post
How have I managed to miss your PTR until now! I'm so glad you hopped in on mine, because I'm LOVING yours! I'm totally in!
!!!!!

I'll be back later tonight to report on the day and how Cirque: Alegeria was!!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #206
beyondblessed
Mouseketeer

Hi Megan! Thanks for visiting my PTR - I'm here and subscribed and all caught up! We're getting closer to December!!! I bet you and I will have tons to chat about in the next few weeks! I look forward to following along your journey - we had several changes too so I understand your pain.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #207
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondblessed View Post
Hi Megan! Thanks for visiting my PTR - I'm here and subscribed and all caught up! We're getting closer to December!!! I bet you and I will have tons to chat about in the next few weeks! I look forward to following along your journey - we had several changes too so I understand your pain.
!!!!

I can't believe how close Dec is!! I just fear what happens when I get back and have nothing to look forward to the rest of winter oh well!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #208
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Cirque, MVMCP, Artist Point and more!

HI YA DIS!!!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I can't believe how quickly weekends fly! I was sooo wishing I would have off work tomorrow but sadly I do not and most people do not so I'll suck it up and count down the days until Thanksgiving!!

First of all, Dm LOVED her Disney binder. She looked through it Fri night and last night!!!

Well, I did not think I had a whole lot to report on except for Cirque but it turns out it has ended up being a very good day and I have more to report on!

I'll start off with Cirque:

Saturday (yesterday) went like so...

I got up and was kinda feeling under the weather. I'm not sure if it's from allergies or what but my throat was feeling blah and my voice was blah and so I came to the revelation that I needed to get my nails done. I'm a huge nail biter if I do not have on acrylic nails which is not good when working with small kids so I decided to get my nails done and called around to get an appt for 11:45-perfect bc we were leaving at 1:30 for the show

At 1:30, Dm, Dd, Dbro, and I headed out the door for Pittsburgh. I had brought the addressing assuming Dd's GPS would find the location but we were wrong and then I got yelled at for not printing out driving directions but in any event we found the location the show was at: Peterson Event Center (where Univ. of Pitt basketball plays). We parked which was $10 bucks and walked in. Upon entering there were HUGE signs everywhere that said:NO CAMERAS. Silly me brought mine so I quickly hid it in my coat while my purse was being checked. I followed the rule and did not take any pics so sadly there are no pics

After finding our seats in peanut heaven we went to the potty and got some snacks before the show: another $25 bucks and Dbro didn't eat anything.

The show began right at 3:30. Some of the acts were similar to La Nouba and we described it as the performers who started with Alegria and then moved to La Nouba because we felt the level of performing was slightly lower than La Nouba. Sadly there were no cute chinese girls

at 4:30 they had a 20 min intermission and I ran for the bathroom and waited 5 mins in line

By 5:40 the show was over.

Our thoughts:

Me: LOVE La Nouba and Alegria was good, would have been great if you had never seen La Nouba. I enjoyed the clown acts in between numbers better in Alegria.

Dd: Loves La Nouba but thought the 2nd act of Alegria was comparable to LN.

Dm: Liked LN better as well but loved the 2 chinese girls in Alegria that did crazy gymnastics stretching and moves.

Dbro: Has never seen LN but liked Alegria.

Overall:
Like Alegria but it was 35 bucks a person to go. For the next level of seats in the $70s, I'd save the money and use it towards LN and see that again. Our seats were fine for the price and we didn't strain necks or anything but I like the closeness of LN stage better.

After the show we headed to our fav burger place Fuddruckers After our meal and a dozen of cookies to go we headed home. I was asleep in bed by 11!!

DISNEY NEWS:

WE ORDERED MVMCP TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went online today with Dm's visa and ordered our tix for the Dec 13th party.

It was $226 total which included the $5 shipping. It said you could print online but I was not sure if you had to do it right away and I don't have a printer at home so for $5 bucks it was fine to have them shipped. They will arrive by 10/25!!

MORE NEWS!!!!!!!!!

I was lurking on my CM site today and new that my Holiday Celebration packet would be coming but upon lurking more found ALLLLL the details for this years celebration package!! Here's what I get:

4 Park Hoppers for 1 day
4 tix for Disney Quest
4 tix for TL or BB
4 tix for mini golf
1 50%, 40% and 30% coupons for dining
60% off a resort stay
40% from now until Jan in all gift shops
6 free popcorn and/or soft drink coupons
La Nouba up to 4 ppl 50% tickets in cat 2
Free 5x7 photopass photo
Discount DDP (QS DDP now-Jan and DDP Jan-Feb)

So that is a lot!!!

The best news of all!!!!!! I was able to book Artist Point at 50% off

So it looks like Artist Point is a go!

The promotion starts on Oct 24 so I need to wait and see about the rest of the dining and if it can say 50% off when I book and can use 40% or 30% or if it has to say 40 and 30 when I book.

Dd and Dbro are planning on using DQ coupons the morning we have "off " before MVMCP. Mom and I will sit at the pool

Well I guess that is it for now!! That was a ton of info to report in one day but man on man its good info!!!
Have a great week everyone. I'll be back soon with more updates about my timeline of things to do and what discount ADRs I'm able to get!!!

STAY TUNED!!!

up next:

*timeline of to do things
*discount ADRs

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 10-11-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #209
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Great updates!! Glad you liked the Cirque show. Good luck with your new ADR's when you make them! You are getting a nice little Christmas package there, huh??!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #210
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

WOW....what an awesome Christmas package you are getting

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: