Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #151
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Your luggage sounds really cute

Glad your nightmare was not true and your passes are still good

That is a bummer about your ADRs...Hope it all works out for ya
Old 09-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #152
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

I too am thinking about getting some new luggage for this trip. I have to start looking around at my options.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and your ADR's!! Hope it ALL works out for you! And, if anything changes...remember...you will be back in WDW! That's the important part!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #153
shellywalker
Mouseketeer

What a horrible dream! Thank god none of that actually happened! Bummer on the ADR's. It sometimes seems they make things as difficult as possible! I hope it all works out!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #154
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Your luggage sounds really cute

Glad your nightmare was not true and your passes are still good

That is a bummer about your ADRs...Hope it all works out for ya
Thanks!! I can't wait to go home next weekend and see it I wanted to go home this weekend but can't justify $60 in gas round trip to see luggage when I can see it next week and drive home w/my dad for free! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
I too am thinking about getting some new luggage for this trip. I have to start looking around at my options.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and your ADR's!! Hope it ALL works out for you! And, if anything changes...remember...you will be back in WDW! That's the important part!
Well...If you do airline travel, I would not rec. the pink luggage but it is easy to spot on the belt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellywalker View Post
What a horrible dream! Thank god none of that actually happened! Bummer on the ADR's. It sometimes seems they make things as difficult as possible! I hope it all works out!
I know right!! I woulda died and we are in no position where we can't afford the tickets but lets be honest, free is always good :

Old 09-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #155
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day...

The title speaks for its self...

not to rant but well I have to haha.

...so not to go off the wall but it was been one of those days where you wanna go to bed and wake up to Saturday!

It started with work at 9am I got up and found out a guy I went to college with had passed away from heart issues. I was not friends with him but a lot of my friends were..so sad!
I got to school at 9 and we got 4 new kids from the lower class in our class (without notice mind you!!) and my current kids were just WILD today. They would not listen and started to wrestle on the carpet, you name it, they did it. Then to make matters worse, because we weren't over our ratio of 1:13 (we were 1:12) they sent my co-teacher home 3 hours early and let me with the wild children only for 2 of my twins to show up putting us over and having the one lady help me cover who does NOTHING and the kids walk all over her
..my only saving grace: they all slept at naptime without a fight :

Mid day I ended up with a migraine (monthly gift arrived) and I did not have my migraine pills .
I was told I would be out by 6..yay I could make my 6:00 aqua fit class at the gym to only be done after 6:30 (the OT is ok I guess) but was told someone could clean my class and I walk in and no one had cleaned it and saw miles of smashed gold fish crackers on the floor so I just left.

Called to check my bank account when heading home to pick up pizza on the way only to find my account had been over withdrawn $-64 I went home right away and charged my pizza to my Disney Visa card and found out my health insurance had charged my checking and not my credit card like they had done the month before I'm still waiting to hear back from my insurance provider

So TERRIBLE HORRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY ya??

2 MONTHS 3 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS TO GO!!!!

On the bright side: We bought tickets for the Cirque Du Soleil show in Pittsburgh on Oct 10th. WE LOVEEEE La Nouba so this one better live up to it! We got the family 4 pack of tickets for $35 a ticket, great deal for Cirque...plus all those horrid ticket master fees!!!

As far as Disney news goes..nothing really new. I'm still checking once or twice daily for Dec 10th night at WL (CM Discount). I doubt it will happen but here's to hoping!

I'm still waiting until I get my holiday package to mess with my Dining. I've also debated about just buying Tables in Wonderland. CMs can get one for $90. I know this trip would not pay it off but if we went back next year it would pay for itself by then. So the plan is if I can't use my 50% off and get a CM ADR then I'll buy TIW.

I've been on the search in the Cake Thread for a holiday themed cake. Since we aren't on the DDP, I thought a nice holiday in room cake would be nice to snack on! We've had the standard WL cake for mother's day the one year. It was good, semi dry but worth the cheap price. I'm looking for a holiday one now..maybe one with a screened picture of Christmas Characters. I'm not sure if WL can do that or if one can be delivered but I'm looking into it!!
Last Dec I bought the little WDW fiberopitc (sp?) mickey tree and decorated our AKL room before my family arrived and since I can't do that this year I'm looking into other options...

ANY IDEAS OR ADVICE???!!!!

Well that's it for now!
..I'm waiting for my weekend!!!!!!

BLAST FROM PAST!!!
..talking about cake. This was an in room cake my mom got for me at CSR in March. My mother's day one in 2007 was similar..less fancy actually. This one was good, a tad dry as well but it was nice to have a fridge to put it in!!!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 09-17-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #156
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Oh wow

I am very sorry about your friend

Does like a terrible day

I think u need a do over
Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 AM   #157
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Oh no, sorry about your bad day! Hopefully today will be better. If not you can always just come on the DIS.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 AM   #158
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Oh wow

I am very sorry about your friend

Does like a terrible day

I think u need a do over
Thanks! Today is looking to be a better day so far! We have 14 kids so they can't let my co-teacher go until we get down to 13 and they'll need her to cover my lunch so it looks like she'll get 8 hours today!
..and well it's pay day so that makes everything cheery!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Oh no, sorry about your bad day! Hopefully today will be better. If not you can always just come on the DIS.
Thanks!! Today is looking to be a way better day so lets hope it continues this way!

Old 09-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #159
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your former classmate! I hope the weekend proves to be better for you!

As for the tree...we got a little stand up tree at Target when we went in 2006 over Christmas. Then, I got some mini ornaments and brought them with us also. The kids decorated it and when we left, we just left it there. It was in Target's dollar section but was actually like $3.00. I wasn't upset about losing such a small amount of money so that's why I left it. It worked fine for us. It was only like 18" tall, but fit great in the suitcase and gave the room a bit of a Christmas feel.

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #160
joy13
DIS Veteran

Sorry about your rough day - glad today is better! Your ADR's sound great - I hope all the discount stuff works out!
Old 09-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #161
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
So sorry to hear about your former classmate! I hope the weekend proves to be better for you!

As for the tree...we got a little stand up tree at Target when we went in 2006 over Christmas. Then, I got some mini ornaments and brought them with us also. The kids decorated it and when we left, we just left it there. It was in Target's dollar section but was actually like $3.00. I wasn't upset about losing such a small amount of money so that's why I left it. It worked fine for us. It was only like 18" tall, but fit great in the suitcase and gave the room a bit of a Christmas feel.
Thanks for the idea!! That sounds about the size as the one I bought for my family last year. I'll see if I have room to pack it or not but with one suitcase and it being crazy disney december weather I might have to overpack.

I already told my mom I'll have a packing list A and B for her depending on how the weather turns out. I'll be going home the week before the trip and leaving my suitcase with her to take for DME and Southwest (2 free bags) to avoid paying a fee with Delta so if not mine, maybe she'll have room for the tree in hers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy13 View Post
Sorry about your rough day - glad today is better! Your ADR's sound great - I hope all the discount stuff works out!

Thanks! Today is going great so far lets hope it holds up!!

Old 09-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #162
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Mousekeeping...

HAPPY SUNDAY DIS!!!!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend so far!!

I must say yesterday couldn't have gone better for me! I got up at 7:30 on my day off and went to the gym only to have my butt kicked by this little blonde skinny instructor man wearing tight baby blue nike shorts and a white tank top (the kind that look like a hoodie without sleeves) and omg, I can't tell you how many squats we did. We did them with and without weights for an hour straight. My legs and arms are jello today! But I'm glad I went!

After that I had to go take my written/computer driving test to get my Ohio License and kiss my FL one goodbye. Well you could only miss 10 out of 40 and having not studied the book (bad I know!) I passed with flying colors and now have my Ohio license meaning I can finally get a library card without an issue!!!

After that I went to the outlets to see if Coach could repair my scratched sunglasses and not only did they repair them, they gave me a brand new pair of the same glasses and I did not have to pay a cent!!!:

Pretty darn good day if you ask me! Today I have plans of nothing. I'm going to go see the movie Love Happens..alone but it will be all good

DISNEY NEWS:

So from my title you can see Housekeeping. Well I broke my own rule. I had a sort of timeline going of when I would begin to further my WDW planning. I don't want to plan too early because I'll have nothing to look forward to but broke my rule and started my mousekeeping envelopes. I must say Mrs. Heg (I think?) and her thread is WONDERFUL. I have used her before and thank her everytime! I did not print them but simply put them in Word and sized them to the envelope. I got 5 to print: One WL themed, One Pirate themed (for YC), and 3 Xmas themed. I'll take pictures of them when they are done and post them on here but according to my timeline I can do that in Oct so I have about 2 weeks until then!

Other than that, I'm just waiting to hear about this darn holiday package to totally scew up my Dining in all possible ways.

I'm checking daily for WL resort for our first night--still nothing. GF, ASsports, and BC are the only ones popping up so I'll keep what I have for now and keep checking!!

Well that is it for now. I'm off to get ready to see my movie at 1:05 and check out the selection of movie theaters in this area!

80 days to go!!!!!!

BLAST FROM THE PAST:
Feb 2008: Three girls in the front: Myself and 2 CP roomies and my cousin Zach. Behind us: My aunt, uncle, and cousin Justina. Right side: Dbro, Dd, and Dm

Old 09-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #163
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Glad you had a good day yesterday! LOL about the instructor at the gym.

Have fun at the movie!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #164
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Ah sorry I've gotten so behind! My best friend from home just moved here for an internship so she spent the weekend with me at my....NEW APARTMENT! I moved in with my friend and am slowly but surely moving out of the other one

I hope everything works out with your ADR's. Also, that cake your mom got you looks delcious! There are SO many different cakes I see people get so I am sure you will find a cute one. As for decorations, I think I heard about a Christmas tree swap at the resorts? Last year I was away from home for an internship until the week before Christmas and bought myself a mini tree and lights and ornaments from Target. I think the tree was $10 and the lights and ornaments weren't much more. I didn't feel bad when I just left it there after I went home because it was so cheap.

Coach has GREAT customer service! I'm glad they gave you a new pair! My friend and I walked in there and the salesperson commented that her bag was worn and that wasn't supposed to happen so soon. They offered to either send the bag out to have it fixed or give her a new bag!

Where do you find the Mousekeeping stuff?! I always tip them but I never do the envelopes. Would love to try it next time!
Old 09-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #165
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Glad you had a good day yesterday! LOL about the instructor at the gym.

Have fun at the movie!
Haha. He was a hoot. Chewing gum and playing his girl club music from his ipod..I'm sure you can imagine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Ah sorry I've gotten so behind! My best friend from home just moved here for an internship so she spent the weekend with me at my....NEW APARTMENT! I moved in with my friend and am slowly but surely moving out of the other one

I hope everything works out with your ADR's. Also, that cake your mom got you looks delcious! There are SO many different cakes I see people get so I am sure you will find a cute one. As for decorations, I think I heard about a Christmas tree swap at the resorts? Last year I was away from home for an internship until the week before Christmas and bought myself a mini tree and lights and ornaments from Target. I think the tree was $10 and the lights and ornaments weren't much more. I didn't feel bad when I just left it there after I went home because it was so cheap.

Coach has GREAT customer service! I'm glad they gave you a new pair! My friend and I walked in there and the salesperson commented that her bag was worn and that wasn't supposed to happen so soon. They offered to either send the bag out to have it fixed or give her a new bag!

Where do you find the Mousekeeping stuff?! I always tip them but I never do the envelopes. Would love to try it next time!
YAY NEW APT!!!!!!!

You will feel much safer and hopefully sleep at night!!

Um, I'm not sure of the exact location of the envelopes but I googled mousekeeping envelopes and clicked on the Dis result or you could try the creative thread but google was much easier!

I coach!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: