Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
carwel
Earning My Ears

Parking pass when you stay at a Disney Resort

What kind of a parking pass are you given when you check in? Is it only valid for the days you stay at the hotel, or is it valid for 14 days, like the base tickets? It's maybe cheeky to ask, but if I stayed onsite for part of my trip, and offsite afterwards, could I use the pass to get free parking afterwards?
carwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Since parking is free at the parks for Disney Resort Guests, once you are no longer a registered Resort Guest, the parking entitlement expires. Actually, it's valid until midnight of the day you check out.

And, yes - they ARE dated.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #3
carwel
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for replying so quickly!
carwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
NoelGypsy
There is Magic .. all around you

Hi kaytieeldr,
A few years ago when I was at Disney I stayed on grounds and I had a parking pass from the Pop Century.
I wanted to book another day and they had nothing available. Actually they had nothing on Disney Grounds, I couldn't believe it. So they got me a good neighbor hotel. The girl changed my parking pass for an extra day.
Do they still do that if you can not stay on grounds? The parking pass was a piece of paper to stick in the window with the your name, resort and Check out date (from what I remember) and the girl was nice enough to print us out a new one with one more day on it... is that what the parking pass still is?
The reason I am asking is because friends of mine are going down they are staying 3 nights on grounds at the All Star Music and then are staying 3 more nights at the Radisson, which I think is a good neighbor hotel... do you think they will do the same for them as they did for me?
I was down there in 2007 so I do not know if anything about that would have changed, or if they still do that.
Thank you for your time,
Christine
Old 08-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
pamjb
DIS Veteran

Yes, the parking pass is just a piece of paper with your name, resort and check-in date on.
I can't help you with the free parking for the Good Neighbor Resorts.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
kim52265
disney is a magical place filled with magical thoughts and dreams

2 years ago we stayed 1 night on site and 7 offsight the parking pass they gave us was a peice of paper with the dates on it so my husband just put his hand over the dates and showed it to the attendant it worked every day but one and when he got caught he just laugh and said ok you caught me and paid for parking
kim52265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #7
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelGypsy View Post
Hi kaytieeldr,
A few years ago when I was at Disney I stayed on grounds and I had a parking pass from the Pop Century.
I wanted to book another day and they had nothing available. Actually they had nothing on Disney Grounds, I couldn't believe it. So they got me a good neighbor hotel. The girl changed my parking pass for an extra day.
Do they still do that if you can not stay on grounds? The parking pass was a piece of paper to stick in the window with the your name, resort and Check out date (from what I remember) and the girl was nice enough to print us out a new one with one more day on it... is that what the parking pass still is?
The reason I am asking is because friends of mine are going down they are staying 3 nights on grounds at the All Star Music and then are staying 3 more nights at the Radisson, which I think is a good neighbor hotel... do you think they will do the same for them as they did for me?
I was down there in 2007 so I do not know if anything about that would have changed, or if they still do that.
Thank you for your time,
Christine
Does WDW have good Neighbor hotels? I know Disneyland does but I did not know about any in WDW.

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14

helenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 AM   #8
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim52265 View Post
2 years ago we stayed 1 night on site and 7 offsight the parking pass they gave us was a peice of paper with the dates on it so my husband just put his hand over the dates and showed it to the attendant it worked every day but one and when he got caught he just laugh and said ok you caught me and paid for parking

Not cool.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelGypsy
No, I don't think Disney will do the same for your friends. They already have their off-site reservation; it's not like your situation, where Disney couldn't accommodate you with a room but was able to provide a little magic by extending your free parking. Respectfully, I think your friends need to budget the $33 or $36 for parking - or, maybe, use their resort's bus? If they're staying on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, those seven/six hotels provide their own shared but regular bus service.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:34 AM   #10
kaytieeldr

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenk
Does WDW have good Neighbor hotels? I know Disneyland does but I did not know about any in WDW.
Not called Good Neighbor, you're correct but the properties on Hotel Plaza Boulevard are similar. The big draw is location + frequently lower room rates. The big drawback is that except for the Hilton, guests at these properties don't get any of the perks that onsite Guests get; Hilton Guests get to participate in Extra Magic Hours.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:19 AM   #11
pamjb
DIS Veteran

There are Good Neighbor Hotels. I have a pin that says so.....

http://disneydestinationsales.com/ec...os,AttractionB

I have been searching for a list, but can't find one...darn internet. But here are some examples

Lake Buena Vista Suite Hotel

SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village
Royale Parc Suites
Orlando Vista Hotel
Seralago Hotel & Suites

Here is a description of the Good Neighbor Hotel Services from the Seralago website

We are proud to be a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotel. That means:

* Disney Tickets - Visit our Guest Services Desk upon arrival, where you can customize your own Disney's Magic Your Way Tickets to perfectly fit your plans and budget.
* Transportation - Get rolling with scheduled transportation to and from the Walt Disney World® Ticket and Transportation Center.
* Welcome Packet - Be in-the-know with our handy Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotel Welcome Packet, which includes information and tips to make the most of your vacation.
* Disney Info - Tune in to our in-room Walt Disney World® TV Channel to preview your vacation "must-sees", or visit the Guest Services Desk located in the hotel lobby.
* AAA - Our hotel is approved and rated by the American Automobile Assocation.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #12
ExPirateShopGirl
My posts are sanitized for your protection!
Oh, sorry. The dog just peed on it.

I have so many remarks... and every single one of them will earn me points. Just remember his response when you catch him holding his hand over the date on your marriage license

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim52265 View Post
Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #13
NoelGypsy
There is Magic .. all around you

AWESOME!!
It is a shame that Disney does not offer a discounted pass for parking... kinda like they do the tickets... the more days you buy the cheaper the day.
Thank you all so much for all the feedback...
Old 08-21-2009, 08:31 AM   #14
hearts8701
DIS Veteran

annual passes also get you free parking
Old 08-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Just an FYI, that parking pass also has a barcode on it they can scan for whatever reason.

We went to WL to eat one day, and were using TiW for our meal, AND have a handicapped hang tag. Either of those qualify us for free valet parking.

When we checked out, we noticed a charge for Valet parking on our resort bill. We never showed them our resort ID cards, but then noticed that our parking pass has the same number as on the resort ID cards and has a barcode.

Fortunately, we called Disney billing and they removed the charge, but just so you know, security could scan that expired parking pass in the window and still charge the parking fee to your vehicle, or tow it, or whatever, if you don't have a "paid" parking ticket in the window also.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: