Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 04:12 AM   #1
tinksprinkles
Earning My Ears

Best spot & time for stars n cars, HSM & sleeping beauty

Hi, we are going again for 3 days in August and missed all the above shows/parades the last time we went. Where would you say is the best place is to try and see these from for the best interaction.Oh and also the fireworks and fantillusion pardade.We are staying at the hotel l'esysee val de europe, does anyone know what time app the last shuttle back to there will be as we are hoping to catch the fireworks at least once but know that they are on late so i am worried about getting back as it isnt within walking distance. Thanks in advance
tinksprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:56 AM   #2
MichelinMan
I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!

Stars n Cars in August will be on at 5.30 (I think, it was that time when I went a couple of weeks ago).

Following some tips from people on here, we got a position behind the stage near Disney Playhouse, and managed to get a lot of good photos and character autographs (including Cruella, who was really hamming it up with the crowd). Stitch and Sulley pretended to have a fight at one point - I would suggest getting in place at least 20 mins before, and take up a position in the middle of a rope - I found that the characters tended to miss people out stood near to the lamposts the ropes were tied to.

Sleeping Beauty - has to be the Princess Meal at Auberge de Cendrillon if you can afford it!

HSM we watched whilst queing for Cinemagique - it was in the shade (it was darn hot when we were there) and you actually got a half decent view (we were late getting to HSM and the crowds had already started building up so we couldn't see too much).

Fantillusion we watched 2 nights running in town square - much less busy than up near the Plaza, and you can leave it to 20-30 mins before taking up position, then wander a bit up Main St to catch the fireworks. We were late getting into position one night, and the area round the plaza was packed out (people were even clibing over fences to stand on the higher flower beds to get a view), and you could hardly move down Main St. So we took the 'secret' passageway at the back of the Liberty Arcade to Town Square, where there was plenty of space - we were right at the front. We didn't see any 'baddie' stop in Town Square though - I believe a dragon comes out of one of the floats at a stop (or at least it used to - does it still, and if so, where does this happen?). And by being in Town Square, you can get a quick exit from the parks.

July 1994 : WDW Off-Site on Honeymoon
July 2009 : DLP Newport Bay Club
July 2011 : DLP Disneyland Hotel
July 2013 : WDW Polynesian Resort / Hard Rock Universal / Renaissance SeaWorld
MichelinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
karenmoloney
DIS Veteran

Hi Tinksprinkles,

I am going in August too - 18th to 20th - staying at Hotel L'Elysee, so I have the same concern about getting back to the hotel after the fireworks. When I looked up the timetable for the bus on the PEP website, it is showing that the number 50 (which services the Hotel L'Elysee & Adagio) has now been incorporated into number 34 which goes all round the country until is gets to Disney. The timetable can be found at
http://www.buspeps.fr/HorairesActuels/ligne34.pdf
I think I will probably use the train, which only takes 3 mins. The timetable shows trains going back at 2314, 2329, 2344, 2359, 0013 & 0021.

We watched the HSM show in May. We saw it at the back of the park, where it starts. There are circles on the ground in the shape of a big circle, so we stood at one of the circles before the show started (don't know how early you would have to be there in Aug to get in the front row). For the Sleeping Beauty show in Fantasyland, we watched it from the balcony upstairs in the castle & had a great view & no pushing & shoving. It is a very short show. For the best view you would have to stand in the front line around the small stage, but don't know when people start staking out their places. Last August we watched Fantillusion & the Fireworks from Central Plaza the first night. It was very crowded here & took longer to get away at the end of the night. The next night we watched from the Main St train station. We had a great view, a quick getaway at the end, but the fireworks looked so much further away.

Day trip Sept 1999 / 4 nights Disneyland Hotel Sept 2004 / 2 nights Holiday Inn March 2005 / 5 nights Holiday Inn Nov 2005 / 3 nights Holiday Inn March 2006 / 7 nights Pierre & Vacances July 2006 / 3 nights Sequoia Lodge Nov 2006 / 6 nights Newport Bay Resort Suite Jun 2007 / 3 nights Kyriad Nov 2007 / 1 night Sequoia Lodge Dec 2007 (no kids) / 6 nights Marriott May 2008 / 2 nights Santa Fe Aug 2008 / 6 nights Marriott Oct 2008 / 3 nights Disneyland Hotel Jan 2009 (my 40th) / 7 nights May 2009 Marriott / 2 nights August 2009 Hotel L'Elysee Val D'Europe / 5 nights Nov 2009 Marriott / 6 nights Marriott May 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Feb 2011 / 4 nights Adagio May 2011 / 9 nights Marriott Aug 2011 / 5 nights Marriott Nov 2011 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2012 / 3 nights Adajio Oct 2012 / 5 nights Marriott Dec 2012

Last edited by karenmoloney; 07-29-2009 at 12:19 PM.
karenmoloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
buttercup1982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenmoloney View Post

For the Sleeping Beauty show in Fantasyland, we watched it from the balcony upstairs in the castle & had a great view & no pushing & shoving. It is a very short show. For the best view you would have to stand in the front line around the small stage, but don't know when people start staking out their places.
Is this still on? When I've looked on the timetable it's not shown My DD loves her I was hoping it still was but wasn't sure?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
MinnieMouse73
DIS Veteran

The Sleeping Beauty show wasn't on last week.

For the Stars and Cars parade, it depends what you want to see - ideally it would be worth seeing it twice, once from in front of the stage to see the show (which we really enjoyed) and again from behind the stage where the characters are to get some good autographs.
MinnieMouse73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMouse73 View Post
For the Stars and Cars parade, it depends what you want to see - ideally it would be worth seeing it twice, once from in front of the stage to see the show (which we really enjoyed) and again from behind the stage where the characters are to get some good autographs.
I would definitely agree with this, and also getting there with plenty of time to stake out your spot.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
tinksprinkles
Earning My Ears

thanks so much for all the hepful advice. The timetable will be especially useful. Karen You come back a few days before we go on the 26th so if you could let me know how you get on with getting back to the hotel late that would be great
tinksprinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #8
karenmoloney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinksprinkles View Post
thanks so much for all the hepful advice. The timetable will be especially useful. Karen You come back a few days before we go on the 26th so if you could let me know how you get on with getting back to the hotel late that would be great
No problem. I'm sure it will be no problem. Just hope my 7 yr old can stand the pace as it is just me & her this trip.

Day trip Sept 1999 / 4 nights Disneyland Hotel Sept 2004 / 2 nights Holiday Inn March 2005 / 5 nights Holiday Inn Nov 2005 / 3 nights Holiday Inn March 2006 / 7 nights Pierre & Vacances July 2006 / 3 nights Sequoia Lodge Nov 2006 / 6 nights Newport Bay Resort Suite Jun 2007 / 3 nights Kyriad Nov 2007 / 1 night Sequoia Lodge Dec 2007 (no kids) / 6 nights Marriott May 2008 / 2 nights Santa Fe Aug 2008 / 6 nights Marriott Oct 2008 / 3 nights Disneyland Hotel Jan 2009 (my 40th) / 7 nights May 2009 Marriott / 2 nights August 2009 Hotel L'Elysee Val D'Europe / 5 nights Nov 2009 Marriott / 6 nights Marriott May 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Feb 2011 / 4 nights Adagio May 2011 / 9 nights Marriott Aug 2011 / 5 nights Marriott Nov 2011 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2012 / 3 nights Adajio Oct 2012 / 5 nights Marriott Dec 2012

karenmoloney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: