Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #181
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

That's awesome! What a GREAT deal on flights!! I enjoyed AirTran when I used it to fly from Chicago to Boston. My only problem that my departure time changed THREE TIMES before I actually went on my trip!! Also, I didn't select my seat for the $6 and still got to choose the seat once I got to the airport WITHOUT the fee! However it was probably easier because I was traveling alone and the plane was pretty empty, so I'd probably pick the seats if I had kids with me, too. Just wanted to let you know for future trips.

I LOVE nice CM's!! I think there are two types - the ones that don't really care and don't put in the extra work to find what you want. The other ones are excited to help you get exactly what you want and always look for how they can make your experience even better. How cool!! I can't wait to see all of your pictures of AKV!!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #182
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Thanks! I'm glad you are sticking with me! I am also excited that we will be there at the same time! Thank goodness DBF caved and you get your great vacation! Can't wait to meet in person!

I know! It is officially official!!!!!
I don't think SW is even an option for me out of the 3 airports we use. I think we are spoiled by JetBlue...very roomy and each seat has it's own television with Directv. But, hopefully it is good anyway! The price was right! I will just keep reminding myself and family that it isn't about the plane itself...it's about where the plane is taking us! That CM was soooo great! I wanted to climb into the phone and kiss him! Soooo magical!

Thanks! It was really exciting!

Oh! Thanks for the advice on the flight times! Do they change it up to the day of the flight or earlier? Just keep calling / looking online? We are flying at night both ways. On the way down, we fly at around 7:30. We are gonig to have the kids go to school and pick the younger two up at around 3. It's about and hour and a half without traffic to get to PHL. Do you think that allows enough time? Even with traffic, I think we will get there within about 2 hours. We are parking right at the airport. If the flight changes, I will just have to pick the kids up earlier. I hope they don't cancel our return flight...we have park tix for that day and don't want to lose out on them! I guess I better keep checking while we are in Disney though, huh? I'm glad they are nice...that helps especially when you have kids!

Yeppers! I told DH that no matter what...we will be on a plane Dec. 2! Leaving the cold going to what will hopefully be beautiful weather! I'm hearing of several people that are flying Airtran. Price is right! Yes...I booked online direct with them and when I was doing it, a screen popped up and asked if we wanted to select our own seats. I said yes because we don't want the kids being separated from us. It told me then that there was the fee of $6 for each seat request. So, it was an additional $60 RT. I'm sure the TA can be sure that you are either aisle or window.

I know!!! It was sooo lucky! LOL Let the pixie dust rain down on us all! Thanks!

Yep! That was the cheapest we have ever been able to get our airfare! It was about $500 underwhat we budgeted. All we still have to pay is the checked bag fee ($75 each way). It was a SUPER hook up!

I'm glad to hear so many good things about Airtran! Maybe they will becaome a top choice for us after this trip!

Thank you! It was very lucky I called about the change! If we had no place to stay that last night, I would have had to stay in the castle that last night! Wait...that would've been better! LOL I guess I'll take AKL anyway! It is sooo real now and that feels great! Every time I make a reservation for something or confirm something else, it seems even closer! I can almost see it on the horizon!!!
I think the last change airtran made was a week before.

If your light is at 7:30, getting there between 5:30 and 6 is plenty of time

Once you get to disney, your return flight should not change. But You can have people at concierge desk check for you or you can just call.

But they probably will not
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #183
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep! That was the cheapest we have ever been able to get our airfare! It was about $500 underwhat we budgeted. All we still have to pay is the checked bag fee ($75 each way). It was a SUPER hook up!

I'm glad to hear so many good things about Airtran! Maybe they will becaome a top choice for us after this trip!
That's fantastic! Over budgeting is a great surprise
Old 09-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #184
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider97 View Post
Wow! What a good thing you called. Yippee for onemore night in AKL. I was shocked that free dining is already sold out for POR for your early December dates.That happened quick. Are you all set to make your ADR's this week? How exciting!!

Stephanie
Thanks! I know...didn't think it would go that quick! It was really just the Dec 8th date that was a problem. The rest was available. So I guess it is the 2nd week that's booked?? Either way...quick! Yes...I am all ready to be on the computer at 6:00 am tomorrow morning!! You will all hear about it tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
That's awesome! What a GREAT deal on flights!! I enjoyed AirTran when I used it to fly from Chicago to Boston. My only problem that my departure time changed THREE TIMES before I actually went on my trip!! Also, I didn't select my seat for the $6 and still got to choose the seat once I got to the airport WITHOUT the fee! However it was probably easier because I was traveling alone and the plane was pretty empty, so I'd probably pick the seats if I had kids with me, too. Just wanted to let you know for future trips.

I LOVE nice CM's!! I think there are two types - the ones that don't really care and don't put in the extra work to find what you want. The other ones are excited to help you get exactly what you want and always look for how they can make your experience even better. How cool!! I can't wait to see all of your pictures of AKV!!
I was soo thrilled with that price! I am prepared to keep checking on the flights for changes thanks to my wonderful Disfriends! Thanks for the heads up!! I read that we could wait to select the day of the flight for free, but didn't want to take the chance with the kids...just in case we couldn't get seats together?? But, yeah...if it were just DH and I, we'd probably just chance it!

Nice CM's are the best! I agree...two types! And when you get the not so good type, it really stinks! I plan on taking tons of pix of AKV!!! So, tune into the TR in 3+ months!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I think the last change airtran made was a week before.

If your light is at 7:30, getting there between 5:30 and 6 is plenty of time

Once you get to disney, your return flight should not change. But You can have people at concierge desk check for you or you can just call.

But they probably will not
Ok...that's good to know! Thanks!

Good...I don't want to be late, but hate to have to sit around the airport too long! I plan on stopping to get sandwiches or something to take with us to eat in the airport while we wait. (Don't love the airport food)

That's good! If it changes before we go, I have time to make arrangements with Disney / AirTran.

Thanks again for all this info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
That's fantastic! Over budgeting is a great surprise
Sure is!!!! Thanks so much! Now I have more for spending money!!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #185
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quick little update...life

Two quick statements before starting this update:

1. My ticker in my signature now says 2 months and 29 days!!! That is one of the most exciting things I have seen in the past few days! The fact that it is under 3 months thrills me beyond belief!!!!

2. At this time tomorrow night, I will know exactly when and where I will be eating during our Disney trip!!! And, so will you!

So, to hold us over until then, I thought I would post a little off-topic life happening update. Nothing long...just something we have recently done that I thought I would share because it was a milestone in the family. Here goes...
We went out to dinner last week to celebrate my grandfather's 80th birthday. It was just a small get together with my grandparents, my aunt and her family, my mom, brother, great-aunt and my family. Most of my family does not live really close, so they couldn't make it.

Here is a picture of my kids with PopPop:

A side note: That bandage on his face is from a recent surgery he had. He had to have a tumor removed from the side of his face. It was cancerous, but they said they got everything. It was starting to affect his vision. But, after a re-check at the office today, they feel that they missed some of it. So, unfortunately for PopPop, he has to go to radiation five days a week for six weeks. I know everything will be ok with him. He is a strong-willed person. It is just hard to see my grandparents get old because they have always been as close as a second set of parents to me! Even my kids and friends are all so close to them.

Anyway, just thought I'd give a little family update in here every now and then! Next update will be back to business!!!

Up next: (tomorrow) What I got for ADR's!!!! Wish me luck!!!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!

Last edited by LOVEMY3KIDDOS; 09-02-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #186
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Aww cool!! Congrats on the airfaire!!!! Woooooo hoooooo!!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #187
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

This will be me at 5:45 tomorrow morning:

While you will be looking a lot like this:

Good luck Momma - and let me know how you make out! Can't wait! The plane tickets validate the trip, but the ADR's make it OH. SO. REAL!!!

Join the 2012 MNSSHP Guest List Now!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #188
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

so sorry to hear of your grandpa's cancer, hopefully radiation goes well and please keep us posted. love the pic!!!!

and great deal on the airfare! i've never flown airtran, we use AA since we are in DFW, sometimes we use Delta or Southwest, but haven't done airtran. and yeah on the pixie dust for the extra night too. that is awesome!

Quote:
LOL We were actually thinking our DD (10) would sleep on the trundle. Do you think that will work? That way the boys could just share a bed.

The lava colada was on my list already! What is in the glotini? Is it just like a regular martini?

Yes...I'll start: My name is Erin and I obsessively plan Disney trips.
PTR readers: "Hello, Erin."
the glotini is just a martini i think with blue caraco and had a glow ice cube in it! I think the trundle would be okay for a kid. and besides, what choice will they have, it is that or the floor, right?

Quote:
OK...It has been too long since my last real update, so here goes:

Now, when I left off, I was going to tell you about all the little extras I wanted to fit in and how it was making me crazy trying to do so. Keep in mind, I was trying to do all of this and making myself crazy and the hours weren't even listed yet! Now, thanks to Madilynn'sMomma, I can cross reference my tentative itinerary with them before making my ADR's! Anyway...
Everything that I have worked out and strategized towards could be totally wiped out as soon as I really look things over! Oh well...I'm hoping that's not the case and my plan holds true for the most part.

So, back to the task at hand: the extras!!

1. Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique for Lulu - she and I will go one morning before MK opens and do this. Then J-Pa and the boys will meet us at either breakfast or at park opening. So, that one is easy to fit in. (Just has to be a MK day.) I was unsure about her doing this one again because of her age, but she asked, so I'm letting her. Should be great fun!!! we are trying to fit this in too!

2. Carriage ride - luckily they do this right at POR. So, I will fit it in during some of our down time at the resort.

3. Photopass photos - we do this every trip. But, this time I am going to try to get more. We never seem to get as many as we could possibly get. I want to try to get all of the special ones, especially the ones with the balloons! Also, I was thinking about getting Lulu in the ones in Expo Hall in MK after she gets her hair done. She isn't getting the whole dress and everything this time, but I read somewhere on here that you could still get some photos taken in there and added to your photopass. These don't take much time, so easy to fit in. we have not done photopass before and i cannot wait, we are paying up front for the discounted CD! i ahve read about the private photoshoots as well.

4. One thing I want to be sure to do is get some pictures of the kids on our AKV balcony with the sunset behind them. Another that's not really time consuming, just have to be there at sunset to do it. I have a vision of how the picture will look and hope to capture it!! LOL I just think it will make a beautiful photo. sounds amazing and can't wiat to see the pics when done!

5. POR campfire - this is a tough one. It only happens Thursday and Sunday from 6:30-8:00. So, I have to be able to be at POR at that time on one of those two days. I'm going to try! You can even buy the ingredients for s'mores for $7. i didn't know they did one at POR, how fun! i've read about the fort wilderness one, but never got to experience. we have camped at FTW twice though and must have missed it, of course they might not have had it back then either (80s)

6. Santas and the like in Epcot - on our last Christmas trip, we missed all of them! Several of the countries in Epcot have Santa or their representation of him or storytellers. I want to try to catch several of them.

7. Characters in Flight - I need to do some more research on this. If anyone knows, please let me know! I don't know what the hours / prices are. I want to do it, though. I tihnk the view must be spectacular! But, if it is too much money for the five of us, we will probably skip it. this looks like so much fun- we saw the balloon up many times in DTD, but didn't get over to the area to see close up.

8. Resort exploration - we will be eating at several of the different resorts. So, while we are there for meals, I want to check things out - the Christmas decorations, views, entertainment, etc. this is a MUST for holiday decorations.

9. Boardwalk - I really just want to go here for an hour or so and walk around and get some night pictures if I can. It seems really pretty to just be outside there.we love the BW area- it is fun to get something at the bakery and stroll around at night. there is a great little bar on the balcony too.

10. Yehaa Bob - another POR activity. The schedule for him vaires depending on where you look. His show is around 8:30, though. He plays piano and is supposed to be very entertaining. So, that may be a nice way to end a night. I have not seen him, but heard GREAT things about him. i know many of my friends on teh dis unplugged board are planning a yeehaa bob meet during DAP weekend (10-12).

11. Campfire at AKV - every night they have a big fire and rocking chairs out around it. There is also an African storyteller during the fire. It may be interesting to hear some African folktales. This is actually one of the things I'm most looking forward to.this sounds like so much fun, i bet you guys ahve a blast doing it. be sure to post up pics of it.

12. Resort Photo Shoot - we are going to do this while at AKV and have that as our backdrop. We have not had a family photo done since Poot was about one year old. So, it's time and what better place to have it done??!! Plus, I will but the cd and be able to print some for Christmas gifts.

So, that's it. For now, at least! Let me know what you think and if you have any questions about any of these things please!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 09-03-2009, 01:00 AM   #189
JoJo1980
DIS Veteran

woohoo Glad you get to stay at the villas longer Sounds like you're already getting some magical pixie dust on your trip
Old 09-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #190
MadilynnsMomma

Alright Erin, it's 8:30 - where's our update?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #191
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Aww cool!! Congrats on the airfaire!!!! Woooooo hoooooo!!
Thanks so much! And thanks for popping over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
This will be me at 5:45 tomorrow morning:

While you will be looking a lot like this:

Good luck Momma - and let me know how you make out! Can't wait! The plane tickets validate the trip, but the ADR's make it OH. SO. REAL!!!
Yep...that was about how I looked! I wanted to go back to bed sooooo bad! You are exactly right...plane tix assured me we would be going...ADR's make me feel like I definitely have something to look forward to!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
so sorry to hear of your grandpa's cancer, hopefully radiation goes well and please keep us posted. love the pic!!!!

and great deal on the airfare! i've never flown airtran, we use AA since we are in DFW, sometimes we use Delta or Southwest, but haven't done airtran. and yeah on the pixie dust for the extra night too. that is awesome!

the glotini is just a martini i think with blue caraco and had a glow ice cube in it! I think the trundle would be okay for a kid. and besides, what choice will they have, it is that or the floor, right?
Thank you for the well wishes for my g-father! That was sweet! He will come through all of it with flying colors...I'm sure of it! He just adores my kids. I am the oldest grandchild and...ahem...the FAV!!! So, it is only fitting that my kids are also! LOL They don't tell anyone that, but I know it so that's all that counts! He calls my daughter his little girl!

The airfare was such a bonus! The pixie dust...AWESOME!!!

LOL... you've got that right! The kids will sleep where they are told!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo1980 View Post
woohoo Glad you get to stay at the villas longer Sounds like you're already getting some magical pixie dust on your trip
YES!!!! It is already off to a great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
Alright Erin, it's 8:30 - where's our update?
I know...just came on here to check on a couple of things...I'm going to do an ADR update tonight...it is a good one! But, you have a surprise in your PM inbox!!!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #192
MadilynnsMomma

Quote:
I know...just came on here to check on a couple of things...I'm going to do an ADR update tonight...it is a good one! But, you have a surprise in your PM inbox!!!!!
WOOHOO!!! The best kind of prize is a SURprise!!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #193
shellywalker
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa It's always so hard to watch someone so close to you go through something like that! On the plus side...TODAY IS YOUR ADR DAY! Yay, I can't wait to hear what you got!!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #194
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Will keep your grandfather in our prayers

Can't wait to hear what you got.

I will doing my update later. I was too tired to do it earlier
Old 09-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #195
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Aw I hope everything turns out okay with your grandfather! Hugs to you.

Looking forward to the ADR's you end up with!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: