Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #16
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNat View Post

I think sometimes people expect too much from the photopass photograhers.

I think this is a beautiful pose of two beautiful children and will bring much enjoyment to the parents for many years as they remember their trip.

Isn't that what photopass is about.. memories?

I have some great pics from them from my last trip even when they weren't with characters and my fav is one of my DD that looks like shes sneezing and I laugh everytime I see it. I was so focused on the characters i didn't even see it but the photopass guy did and it's one of my fav photos from my trip.

I don't expect the pics to be perfect because even though Disney is magical no photographer can get all 3 of my kids to be happy about the same thing at the same time and all with a smile and their eyes open. Kids are not perfect and I wouldn't want the pics to try to make them something they are not. I LOVE photopass and will use it for every trip!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Dec 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #17
Darcy03231
DIS Veteran

I was there last October and again in April of this year and had wonderful luck with the Photopass CM's. They got some great shots of us and offered to take pictures with our camera without being asked.
Darcy03231 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #18
lauris87
Mouseketeer

Threads like this worry me! I pre-ordered the CD and am leaving on Saturday... and I fear that I will be dissapointed. There's really nothing I can do about it now except hope for the best! I'll defintly post when I get back.

1983- off site
1988- off site
1996-AS Sports
1997-AS Sports
2009- GF
lauris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #19
spider0215
Mouseketeer

My sister goes to Disney a lot and a few years ago they took one of the behind the seens tours and were told that the CM is not suppose to say not if you ask them to take the pic with your camera after they take it with theirs. It's part of the show they're always suppose to be polite. Apparently some don't care.
spider0215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #20
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

I was there in June and experienced some of the same.

There were very few photographers around. There were 6 of them up Main Street, 2 of them in front of tower of terror, 4 or 5 in front of the Tree of Life, quite a few in front of Spaceship Earth, but as far as origination goes, they were sparse. Most of the ones we saw where all in the same area. We had a total of 19 different photos taken; I asked for a refund on the pre-purchase when we got home.

The quality of the photos were fine. Sometimes there are some CMs that are new and other times there are camera and lighting issues.

Every now and again I get a CM that gets irritated because I hand them my camera, but not very often. The biggest "attitude" issue I run into is that they are in a big ol' hurry. When that happens, I let them hurry up and then I come back later when a shift change has taken place.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #21
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Becca View Post
You didn't have a good experience with Photopass but it sounds like you really didn't want to have Photopass pics taken, just pics with your own camera. Since you stated that you have the exact same pics on your camera, so I'm guessing that some of the fantastic shots taken with your G10 were taken by Photopass photogs. So those were centered and came out great? Sorry I don't get your complaint, you got great pics and didn't have to pay for them. How is that bad?

I did not read that into the original post at all. The OP was not really complaining, just stating what it was...a least I did not see it as a complaint.

I also did not read that she/he did not want the Photopass pics, but that finding them and getting them to take pics with her camera too was a feat.
I also ask them to take pics with my camera just in case theirs do not come out. This is not against the rules and something they should be offering to do (according to Disney's Photopass Management team)
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #22
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider0215 View Post
My sister goes to Disney a lot and a few years ago they took one of the behind the seens tours and were told that the CM is not suppose to say not if you ask them to take the pic with your camera after they take it with theirs. It's part of the show they're always suppose to be polite. Apparently some don't care.
Interesting...This was only 1 CM who did this at Epcot. He wasn't smiling when we approached him, and kind of had a far off angry gaze in his eyes, so we thought he might have been having a bad day. Regardless, he made us feel like we were totally bothering him - he didn't seem interested in taking our photo at all, even with the Photopass card, so he must have been having a bad day. Incidentally, he was off a path, with no one around waiting for him, so there was no one else in his vicinity but us. Perhaps this is his personality, but we felt awkward, so we said no thanks, and didn't get any photos taken by him.

Like I said, we aren't assuming that all Photopass CMs are unhappy, but many of them looked and treated the guests this way. This might be contributing to the decline in quality of the photos as well, IMHO.

Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #23
lesliejmorris
Mouseketeer

We had great luck, our first time trying PhotoPass. We ended up with more than 400 photos (added to the over 1500 I took ). We had some good, great and not so great photographers, thats why its a good tip to try several diffent times if you want a specific shot.

My American Idol and My Jedi
lesliejmorris is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: