Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #106
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
LOL - now that looks familiar.....
I just wanted to say, AGAIN...your Disigns thread is amazing!

I'm going to be going through it, coming up, to see if I can find anything to "use" for our son's upcoming birthday bash at WDW.

We found some "blank" wall cling sheets, made for inkjets, and we're going to do some clings to decorate our room....Some of your stuff (the pirate heads, for example) look like they'd work wonders....gorgeous and easy to "cut out". You don't mind, do you?
Old 07-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #107
tarak
DIS Veteran

pilferk - I hadn't thought about renting the points. But I wanted to take advantage of the Sunrise Safari, which I think is just club level, right? Do you know if you would be able to do the Safari using the DVC points?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #108
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

PNO4TE I love the pictures of the 'authentic' British pub, it sure looks like you had a fun time. I'm not quite sure where in England I would find a pub with the Union Jack painted on the ceiling! lol Although the outside looked pretty authentic for an old city pub.
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15, Easter 2015 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Old 07-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #109
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danauk View Post
PNO4TE I love the pictures of the 'authentic' British pub, it sure looks like you had a fun time. I'm not quite sure where in England I would find a pub with the Union Jack painted on the ceiling! lol Although the outside looked pretty authentic for an old city pub.

Danauk
- I am glad they seem to have gotten it "right" for a change. Here is the info from their website:

The Original Pub concept was created in December 2001, by Mr. Nick Sanders, born out of his desire to create an authentic British pub. Sanders opened the first Pub at Rookwood Mews in Cincinnati, OH. Since that day, the Pub concept has continued to grow rapidly attracting a following in other communities in Ohio, Kentucky, and Florida.

The award winning exterior of our pub is modeled after the classic corner pubs of London. As for the décor, all of the furniture and most of the accessories are purchased in the UK in order to guarantee their authentic look and feel. The centerpiece of the pub is a handcrafted bar from which guests can sample a wide range of English, Scottish and Irish draught, cask conditioned beers, as well as domestics. "Optic Pourers" native to traditional British pubs take center stage at the bar, giving us our unique look. It's easy to see why we've become a favorite among Brits and Yanks alike!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 07-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #110
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

Yeah, with the exception of the Union Jack on the ceiling it looked pretty authentic for an old city pub. Do you not have optics behind the bar to measure spirits out with in the USA? I never knew that, maybe I need to pay more attention when I am at a bar next month!
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15, Easter 2015 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Old 07-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #111
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
Anyone around here have the number for AKL Private Dining?

DW and I need to call about a birthday cake!
Pilferk - I have a PD menu but the number isn't on there. I just called AKL (call center) and they didn't have a number but connected me to PD. Then I asked the woman what her number was (407) 938-4720

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...good one!

...isn't that one of the public viewing areas where you can use the night-vision goggles??
[...great pix, BTW!]
Thank you! I have actually never done the night vision goggles - so I don't know! But I loved that view. It was from a great pool view room we had on the 3d floor one time - we had peeks of the flamingos beyond that observation area you see, as well as to the far left - the Uzima Savanna. That's where I once saw a baby giraffe nursing really late one night

Quote:
...now you now what Molly Ringwald felt like in Sixteen Candles....
"Grandparents forgetting your birthday?? They LIVE for that $%^&!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh Bear Hugs View Post
Could I take my toddler on the sunrise safari?

I don't know for sure. But I DO know that the pricing is for ages 3-9 and then 10 & up. Maybe they allow younger children and just don't charge for them
Old 07-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #112
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh Bear Hugs View Post
Could I take my toddler on the sunrise safari?
Yes to the best of my knowledge there is no age limit. However, (I only ask this question because there was a toddler on the sunrise safari that I took -> he screamed the entire time, yes 1 hour of a toddler having a tantrum) do you think that your toddler will sit for an hour during the safari? i.e. once it starts you are stuck for the entire time of the safari.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #113
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Yes to the best of my knowledge there is no age limit. However, (I only ask this question because there was a toddler on the sunrise safari that I took -> he screamed the entire time, yes 1 hour of a toddler having a tantrum) do you think that your toddler will sit for an hour during the safari? i.e. once it starts you are stuck for the entire time of the safari.

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 42/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 07-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #114
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Oh my gosh! That is awful! I feel so sorry for you. I'll be looking for any little kids this time so I can stay far away from them!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Old 07-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #115
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
For being 7 pages late, you get Zebra Dome KP duty. And you know how messy the kitchen gets when there are ZD's and kimmar in the same room!!
...hey, I can't help it - when ZD's are present, something takes over me:

July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #116
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post

Thank you! I have actually never done the night vision goggles - so I don't know! But I loved that view. It was from a great pool view room we had on the 3d floor one time - we had peeks of the flamingos beyond that observation area you see, as well as to the far left - the Uzima Savanna. That's where I once saw a baby giraffe nursing really late one night
...if that jacuzzi is the one that's NOT near the childrens' play area and the slide, then it definitely IS the night-vision goggle location....

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet
..."Grandparents forgetting your birthday?? They LIVE for that $%^&!"

... I just LOVE this movie...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #117
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Thanks, Kim for sending me this link to let me know where you all are Sorry that I am not around as much as I would like...Cant get on to the internet at all from work anymore

It's great to see all of you!!!!!

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 07-30-2009, 09:46 AM   #118
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
Thanks, Kim for sending me this link to let me know where you all are Sorry that I am not around as much as I would like...Can't get on to the internet at all from work anymore
...no worries - that'll be ME, come the new school year in September...
I've been BOO'ED!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:53 AM   #119
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
...if that jacuzzi is the one that's NOT near the childrens' play area and the slide, then it definitely IS the night-vision goggle location...
Well, then, YES And thanks for the info!

Quote:
... I just LOVE this movie...
Me too! I used to have it memorized - "Breakfast Club", too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
Thanks, Kim for sending me this link to let me know where you all are Sorry that I am not around as much as I would like...Cant get on to the internet at all from work anymore

It's great to see all of you!!!!!
Hi athenna Hope all is well
Old 07-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #120
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
pilferk - I hadn't thought about renting the points. But I wanted to take advantage of the Sunrise Safari, which I think is just club level, right? Do you know if you would be able to do the Safari using the DVC points?
The Sunrise Safari IS just for CL guests.

However, AKV is the ONLY DVC resort to offer a CL villa. The only problem: It's VERY hard to get 'em. There's only 5 2 BR lock offs (which can be split into a 1BR/studio...and I've heard the 1BR's are the easier of the categories to book). 2 of them are pool view, 3 of them are savanna view...and you don't get to pick which you get. Luck of the draw.

Again, the UPSIDE is...they'd still be cheaper than a 1 BR suite would likely be. The "new" downside is you'd HAVE to rent points from an AKV DVC owner, and you'd likely HAVE to book more than 11 months prior to arrival. I think that might be tough. Those rooms can book at EXACTLY the 11 month mark, and even then it's a tough go.

There IS another option: Book 2 CL connecting rooms (or a 1 BR suite) for only ONE night of your stay. That's all you'd need to do the safari...and it would save you the $$ over the majority of the stay.

Points rent for around $10 - $12 per point, from what I've seen. A 1 BR DVC villa would run you somewhere between 204 and 270 points for a week (depending on when you're going...like room rates, the points change depending on the "season" you're going).

That means you'd likely spend between $350 and $450 a night for a 1 BR Savanna view (NOT CL, though) DVC villa, depending on when you're going.

If you could find one, you'd likely spend between $413 - $536 a night for a 1BR CL Villa, depending on season.

2 Regular connecting Savannah view hotel rooms would run you between $610 and $860 per night (depending on season)

2 connecting CL hotel rooms would run you $690 - $975 a night (depending on season).

A 1BR hotel suite would run you between $735 - $995 per night (depending on season).

NONE of the hotel prices take into account any discounts you might be able to get, or deals Disney is offering. Likely, you can probably do better on the pricing with codes, promos, or you might be able to throw in free dining. One other caveat: I'm not figuring in the 12% tax rate on the hotel rooms, either...and there ISN'T usually any tax charged by those renting points.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: