Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #76
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Hi I posted in the other thread and some kind person told me to post over here. So thank you for the information! We are staying CL which I came to find out is 4th floor. I don't care about distance to anything, I just want a GREAT view of the animals. Can I please have some recommendations for room requests for a great animal view (ie. anyplace to avoid near large trees or other unappealing views?) Thank you!

We have ALWAYS had good views on the Arusha Savanna. Honestly. The only savanna views that weren't great were in rooms where we'd been upgraded from Standard View and had views of the Sunset savanna, which seems to have changed a lot since Kidani was built.
Last summer, we were maybe halfway down on Kudu Trail ( I had requested Zebra) and the views were fabulous! There's a staircase from 4 up to the CL lounge on 6 that was very convenient.
I've been told that views from the ENDS of the trails can be incredible but I've never stayed all the way down... I'm not sure I'd want to, either. Again, we've had great, great views from every room on Arusha
Good luck!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #77
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Thanks Johnsonet! Please don't think I am totally DUMB but do all CL rooms face Arusha?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #78
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
Thanks Johnsonet! Please don't think I am totally DUMB but do all CL rooms face Arusha?
Not at all...
That's what I was told by AKL CL Itinerary Planning last summer, yes
Old 07-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #79
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Thanks Johnsonnet!!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #80
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Thanks for the anniversary wishes, everyone!

I will post what all we did tomorrow. myBob never figured out what today was!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 07-29-2009, 05:34 AM   #81
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Thanks for the anniversary wishes, everyone!

I will post what all we did tomorrow. myBob never figured out what today was!

So I'm guessing you're not going to post about a romantic evening spent celebrating 36 years of wedded bliss?!!

MEN!!! Gotta love 'em anyway!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 06:36 AM   #82
anbouk
FINALLY....DVC!!!

First stay at AKV ~ Jambo

We are booked at AKV Jambo from 9/2 ~ 9/9. With 3 kids, I was told to request either the Zebra Trail or Giraffe Trail. Can someone pls explain the two? Any preference over the other? I would like a POOL view vs SV and to be convenient to Pool, CS, elevators, shops etc. Any recommendations? Maybe I am asking for much? This will be our first official AKV stay as DVC

Any other DISsers staying around labor day? Last year we met up with a few families at the BCV during this time! Will be FUN!

and a GREAT BIG thanks to Kimmar for re-starting this thread I remember you from the S&D thread! We almost stayed there for this trip prior to joining DVC.

Last edited by anbouk; 07-29-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:41 AM   #83
JJ&JSMOM
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone or should i say "Jambo"!

We're a family of 5 - DH, me, DS10, DD6, & DD4 - thinking of planning a trip in the next year or so. We've researched all our usual options for 5. Just not too excited about anything - then I remembered AKV and that 5 could stay there. I'm a little confused about what our choices are. Didn't know if I could get some info on that. I know theres different "levels". Augh- any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
J

[
Old 07-29-2009, 07:31 AM   #84
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
So I'm guessing you're not going to post about a romantic evening spent celebrating 36 years of wedded bliss?!!

MEN!!! Gotta love 'em anyway!!!

I wish I had a video camera running in the car when Kristin finally dragged it out of him. I had said, no less than three times, something to the effect that I had been doing this or we had been going there for 36 years. No reaction at all. When we picked Kristin up at work I told her there was no knowledge at all and she got it immediately. Bob finally figured out we were talking about him but it took two more nudges from her about a celebratory atmosphere for him to look at his watch in a panic and yell, "Oh, darn!" (he didn't say darn, but if I wrote what he said it would look like this: **** )

We had a good time with better than average food and beer. It was our first foray into a new “authentic British Pub” in our ‘burg.

Atmosphere was great with light fixtures that caught the eye, lots of wood and a fun ceiling!

Unbeknownst to us we had arrived during Happy Hour so our pints were half price (the better to drink two, you know!) Most of my pictures are not particularly good and I will skip the worst of the lot!

Boddington’s….. yum!

We had an interesting appetizer: Tavern Crisps ~ House-made crisps (potato chips) topped with English farmhouse Cheddar, bacon, scallions and Pub BBQ sauce. The crisps were crispy and the toppings were plentiful.

Kristin had a Cotswold Chicken Sandwich made with a Worcestershire-marinated chicken breast, rashers of bacon, grilled onions and Swiss Cheese on a toasted onion bun. It came with a pickle and chips (big fries). No photo. It looked nice, she liked it, it was eaten!

Bob and I each chose the Fish and Chips. It was as good as Rose & Crown’s. I have had better, but this was good. No complaints at all.

We all split a Guinness Brownie Sundae that was fine. Very dense, dark chocolate brownie. Almost like a flourless cake in texture. It came with vanilla-bean ice cream, chocolate sauce and almonds. Again, nice but not amazing.

We got exactly what we were after. Nice food, good beer and a fun location to spend a couple of hours. The price was very good, we thought. The total bill (without gratuity) was under $70. We will go again. They have an amazing bar but the pictures are just awful:

I will try to rectify that next time.

Last edited by PNO4TE; 07-29-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Made those HUGE pictures smaller!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #85
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Glad you ended up with a nice evening!

Tomorrow is our 26th anniversary. My DH will be down in MD all week with our DS for a swim meet. Last year I was there for our 25th. Guess we won't be celebrating again!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 20/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #86
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Glad you ended up with a nice evening!

Tomorrow is our 26th anniversary. My DH will be down in MD all week with our DS for a swim meet. Last year I was there for our 25th. Guess we won't be celebrating again!
I say celebrate when he gets home!

Last year we couldn't be together on our anniversary so we "postponed" the celebration until our F&W trip and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The year before that I was at a National Concert in California for our anniversary so DH flew out to meet me two days later and we celebrated by doing a driving tour of Central CA which finished up with a 3 night stay at DL at the Grand Californian. Make those celebrations where and when you can.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #87
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Anyone around here have the number for AKL Private Dining?

DW and I need to call about a birthday cake!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #88
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I wish I had a video camera running in the car when Kristin finally dragged it out of him. I had said, no less than three times, something to the affect that I had been doing this or we had been going there for 36 years. No reaction at all. When we picked Kristin up at work I told her there was no knowledge at all and she got it immediately. Bob finally figured out we were talking about him but it took two more nudges from her about a celebratory atmosphere for him to look at his watch in a panic and yell, "Oh, darn!" (he didn't say darn, but if I wrote what he said it would look like this: **** )
Glad it all worked out, he wised up, and you had a good time!!

Again, happy anniversary!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #89
Pooh Bear Hugs
DIS Veteran

Could I take my toddler on the sunrise safari?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #90
tarak
DIS Veteran

Pooh Bear Hugs - as far as I know, there is no age limit for the Sunrise Safari. The Sunset Safari has an age requirement of 8, I believe.

JJ&JSMOM - there is a one bedroom suite in club level that accomodates 5 (I've been looking into this because the dates we plan to go next year, we'll be a party of 5 unless we change to a week or so before our son turns 3). It's a pretty huge jump in price - unless prices change dramatically, getting 2 connecting rooms, even club level, is cheaper than getting the suite. We'll probably take that second option, although I haven't decided for sure yet.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: