Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #136
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Well...I just changed our CBR pirate room to a SV at the AKL. I requested Arusha. We've never stayed here before...I'm really excited though. I think my daughter will love seeing the animals and as we plan to spend a good bit of time at the resort, it just seemed like a good idea.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #137
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
Ya know, JUST so I could take a picture of it...I might order an extra with "Kim" on it.

Actually, from what I'm hearing, AKL might ONLY do the "zebra cakes", now. How long ago did you get your cake?? The zebra cake would work..but I'd much prefer one like the one you had (with the correct name! )
I don't know if you had a chance to call yet but they do make the traditional "kim" birthday cake still...you have three choices...(I just called last week to order a cake for my son's "Dis Birthday" on August 20th at Jiko...)

you can order

1. traditional cake in vanilla or chocolate with choice of vanilla or chocolate icing...this comes available in the smallest size of the choices...
2. the Zebra Cake which tastes like a big Zebra Dome and it ivory and chocolate on the outside-the filling has liquor inside so I didn't opt for this for my going to be 7 year old...
3. The cake that is shaped and decorated like Mickey's Head/face. This can be ordered with vanilla/chocolate cake...(this is what I ordered...)

You can have any of these delivered to your room or at one of the restaurants...

Good luck with your planning...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #138
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I don't know if you had a chance to call yet but they do make the traditional "kim" birthday cake still...you have three choices...(I just called last week to order a cake for my son's "Dis Birthday" on August 20th at Jiko...)

you can order

1. traditional cake in vanilla or chocolate with choice of vanilla or chocolate icing...this comes available in the smallest size of the choices...
2. the Zebra Cake which tastes like a big Zebra Dome and it ivory and chocolate on the outside-the filling has liquor inside so I didn't opt for this for my going to be 7 year old...
3. The cake that is shaped and decorated like Mickey's Head/face. This can be ordered with vanilla/chocolate cake...(this is what I ordered...)

You can have any of these delivered to your room or at one of the restaurants...

THANK YOU for this info
Was this per the "Cake Hotline" or AKL PD?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #139
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post

you can order

Thank you SO much for this info!! My DW is going to call tomorrow, actually!

Did you call the cake hotline or the Private Dining line??
Old 07-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #140
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

changing the subject from cakes to credit cards!!

Continuing the conversation we had earlier this week on the AKL-Lite thread.........

Remember how I said we had multiple Chase accounts with healthy-size credit limits? Well, one of those credit limits has just been cut in half!

Actually, fine with me because it was one of my husband's accounts!!! J/K - fine with us because it had a $15,000 limit and although we've had the card for 14 or 15 years, we've never come close to that! The "good news" is that the letter is dated July 26, 2009 and we received it today! (unlike those other letters about closed accounts, etc that must still be making their way through the postal system! )

Here's the text for any who might be interested:

"Thank you for being a valued customer and for choosing Chase. We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to serve your financial needs." (that's the kiss of death right there!! )

"In a recent review of your account, we noticed that you have used only a limited amount of your credit access line with us. We believe this may indicate that your current credit access line is higher than required to meet your usage and/or spending needs. To better align your account with these needs, we have adjusted your credit access line to $7,500.

If your needs have changed, please contact us at the toll-free number found on the back of your card so we may re-evaluate our decision with the most current information available. Your business is important to us, and our advisors are available 24 hours a day to assist you."

I wonder how many more of these we'll get in the coming days!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #141
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Continuing the conversation we had earlier this week on the AKL-Lite thread.........
I wonder if they need to cut the amount of credit they have out there available for people to use? That just struck me as a reason these cc companies might be doing this.

My letter did not change my credit limit but did increase my APR by a smidgen. Not anything for us to worry about since we pay it off, but I found that interesting.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 07-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #142
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I wonder if they need to cut the amount of credit they have out there available for people to use? That just struck me as a reason these cc companies might be doing this.

My letter did not change my credit limit but did increase my APR by a smidgen. Not anything for us to worry about since we pay it off, but I found that interesting.
It just gives me an uneasy feeling that they're snooping through the accounts and deciding to increase APRs, reduce credit limits, close accounts, etc.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #143
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
It just gives me an uneasy feeling that they're snooping through the accounts and deciding to increase APRs, reduce credit limits, close accounts, etc.
I am not condoning it, but they might as well. The government is doing the same thing to them, don't you think?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #144
csmommy
DIS Veteran
Believes that every time you hear or see the word Disney a Tag Fairy gets their wings

Quote:

Remember how I said we had multiple Chase accounts with healthy-size credit limits? Well, one of those credit limits has just been cut in half!

Actually, fine with me because it was one of my husband's accounts!!! J/K - fine with us because it had a $15,000 limit and although we've had the card for 14 or 15 years, we've never come close to that! The "good news" is that the letter is dated July 26, 2009 and we received it today! (unlike those other letters about closed accounts, etc that must still be making their way through the postal system! )

Here's the text for any who might be interested:

"Thank you for being a valued customer and for choosing Chase. We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to serve your financial needs." (that's the kiss of death right there!! )

"In a recent review of your account, we noticed that you have used only a limited amount of your credit access line with us. We believe this may indicate that your current credit access line is higher than required to meet your usage and/or spending needs. To better align your account with these needs, we have adjusted your credit access line to $7,500.

If your needs have changed, please contact us at the toll-free number found on the back of your card so we may re-evaluate our decision with the most current information available. Your business is important to us, and our advisors are available 24 hours a day to assist you."

I wonder how many more of these we'll get in the coming days!!!
I received the exact same letter today!

Doesn't bother me at all, I would never even use the $7500, let alone how much it was.

2013 ~ 7/28-8/6 split BCV & VWL
2012 ~ 5/24 - 5/28 BWV DS 17th
2011 ~ 8/9-8/17 AKVJH & BLT
2010 ~ 8/7-14 WWOPP
2009 ~ 8/13-22 split AKVK & BCV
2007 ~ split OKW & BW
2005 ~ split AKLJH & Swan
2000 ~ POFQ
1992 ~ POFQ ~ no kids yet
1990 ~ off site
Old 07-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #145
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
THANK YOU for this info
Was this per the "Cake Hotline" or AKL PD?
Quote:
Thank you SO much for this info!! My DW is going to call tomorrow, actually!

Did you call the cake hotline or the Private Dining line??
Actually DH wound up making the call since I had to take DS to the Dr. and then to a swimming lesson...

I had told him specifically what I wanted but he initially didn't listen (I still love him-at least he tried...) and he called main reservations where they offered him the "standard cake"-you know the frozen one that you can get at any of the restaurants if you ask when you check in...

When he called to tell me this I told him to call the AKL directly-they transferred him to Jiko who then transferred him to PD-who took all his info and gave him the options, instructions and a confirmation...

(When we get there in 19-almost 18 days...-I'm going to see if I can't get someone to give me some kind of printed listing of the AKL cakes w/prices & descriptions...

I'm also going to take pictures of what we get-whole, sliced, etc...)

Hopefully nailing down this info might help someone in the future...

BTW-I didn't know there was a cake hotline...is that for all the resorts? (if it is I'd love to know since DD's 16th B-day is next October and guess where we'd like to spend it???-except she'd like to stay at WL if we can...either way...0
Old 07-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #146
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

I am glad we are all planning trips... Disney apparently needs our money. They posted a 26% loss in the last quarter.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #147
TinkOhio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...and Happy Anniversary to you too!

Quote:
TinkOhio - Have a great trip and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Thanks so much! We leave in a few hours...and I can't sleep. (Visions of AKL dancing in my head!)
Old 07-31-2009, 01:58 AM   #148
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL...we have trips semi-planned for the next 4 or 5 years. We don't rent our points because we USE 'em so much!! We're even discussing buying a few (75-ish) more!

The two "beds" in a studio thing is one I've heard people mention before. The queen pull out, while comfy, isn't QUITE "bed-like" enough for a lot of folks. I've slept on one (the pull out in our 1BR last trip) and it's the most comfortable pull out I've ever slept on...but still not as comfy as the bed.
It's great that you get to use your points! And thanks for the info on the pull out sofa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by december14disney View Post
Hi all! In December of 2008 my fiance and I bought DVC at Kidani. AKL has always been my love and I'm one of the weirdos that think Animal Kingdom could be my favorite park!

We are making our first trip home to run the half marathon during Marathon Weekend 2010 in a 1 bedroom at Kidani. In July of 2010 we'll hopefully be staying Jambo House concierge for the first part of our honeymoon! I am so excited to be a part of this thread!

Welcome to the thread! And don't worry, you are not too weired: I love AK, too.

Quote:
I know it isn't AKL but OKW has two queen beds in the studios.
Elin, I know. I am just not at all attracted by OKW. I think it looks beautiful on the outside, but it appears to be too spread out for my taste and I really hate the decor! If they ever modernized it, I might be very tempted!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfur View Post
These threads have converted me and DH. We reserved a 2BR at BLT with a MKV, but after all the pics, we switched to 2BR savannah at Kidani. The theming is just so much nicer!
I agree, the AKL is wonderfully themed. I think it is something really special that you can't get anywhere else in the world (well, perhaps at some safari lodges in South Africa). I love the BLT pictures, but to be honest, it's not special besides its location and view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrecmc View Post
Well...I just changed our CBR pirate room to a SV at the AKL. I requested Arusha. We've never stayed here before...I'm really excited though. I think my daughter will love seeing the animals and as we plan to spend a good bit of time at the resort, it just seemed like a good idea.
Have a wonderful stay! Arusha savanna is a very popular view!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkOhio View Post
Thanks so much! We leave in a few hours...and I can't sleep. (Visions of AKL dancing in my head!)
Have a wonderful trip!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 07-31-2009, 02:02 AM   #149
J.J.

Heart On Fire for the Lord

Quote:
I am glad we are all planning trips... Disney apparently needs our money. They posted a 26% loss in the last quarter.
Darn. there goes my dividends on my 2 shares of Disney stock. Everyone keep spending....
  • 12/04, 12/09, 12/12 AKL & DCL
One More Disney Day Sweepstakes Trip!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 AM   #150
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmommy View Post
I received the exact same letter today!

Doesn't bother me at all, I would never even use the $7500, let alone how much it was.
Same here, but I'm sure there are people whose credit rating will be adversely affected by having less "available" credit.

On a happier note, I just noticed that you & I joined Disboards at the same time!

(where have the years gone?!!)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: