Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #31
lgjjp
Mouseketeer

Rowens memorial service was yesterday. It was so incredibly hard, it is something I hope no one ever has to go through. The hospital arranged for a photographer to come in and take pictures of Rowan. By the time he got there my husband and I were the only people who were still there with my daughter and sil. He took the most beautiful pictures. He went above and beyond for us with a short slideshow of some of the pictures to play during the visitation hour. He did it free of charge. It is the most heartbreaking thing to watch, but I treasure it more than you can imagine.
Willow is doing a little better, she has gained a few ounces and is breathing easier, they did find a pda in her heart, I dont remember what is stands for but, she is on medication to try to close this vessel. The 1st round did not close it, but they are trying a second round of meds. Please pray that this works and she will not need surgery to close it.
My daughter got to hold Willow yesterday. It was something that she desperately needed to do, especially yesterday. We are very hopeful that Willow will be home with us in 8 -10 weeks.
Thanks again for all you kind words and prayers. It does help to know so many people are praying for us.
Laurie
lgjjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #32
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Laurie - I am so sorry to hear about little Rowan. I'm so glad you had some time with her and that you were able to get some pictures of your precious little angel.

My thoughts and prayers will be for little Willow. Remember, Willow has her own little angel in her corner!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #33
lgjjp
Mouseketeer

Willow is doing well. She likes to sleep on her belly and her nurse yesterday put her on her back. She wiggled and squirmed until she got herself on her side. She couldn't get completely over on her belly because of all her tubes and wires, but she was happier on her side. She will probably need surgery for her pda. The meds are not closing it. They say it is a routine procedure. We will try 1 last round of meds before they take that step though. She is up to a whopping 2lbs 10.1oz. she is quite the heavyweight, over her birthweight now.
Keep praying for her, hopefully she will be strong enough to come home even earlier than expected.
Thanks, Laurie
Old 08-19-2009, 05:49 AM   #34
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

I am so sorry to hear about Rowan. Willow sounds like a fighter. I will keep you all in my prayers.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #35
Scoot95
Earning My Ears

I am so sorry to read about Rowan. I cannot even imagine what you and your family are going through now.

I will be praying for Willow.

I can relate to this situation as my Daughter Jackie was born at 28 weeks, 5 days. Scariest time of my life. She had all kinds of blood transfusions and procedures done on her while in the NICU. We were told at the time she was born that she had only an 80% chance of survival and a 50% chance of not having severe learning complications. That was almost 6 years ago, and I know they have made a lot of medical advances since then.

Jackie was in the hospital for 7 weeks and today she is a beautiful 5 year old who is starting kindergarten in 2 weeks with no complications what-so-ever. In fact she is fully reading.

Jackie beat the odds and I know Willow will too. Keep your chin up.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #36
lgjjp
Mouseketeer

Just a quick update. Willow is 1 month old today and has gained 1 lb over her birthweight. she is now 3.5 lbs. Her pda did close with meds...so NO surgery. She is doing well and now gets 2 bottles a day that she drinks half her feeding and the other half thru the tube into her belly. We can now hold her whenever we want, so that is wonderful. She is only on room air thru her nasil canula. She is now considered a feeder / grower. We are hoping to have her home in 3-4 weeks. Please keep her in your prayers.

Thanks, Laurie
Old 09-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #37
Pirate1+Princess4
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry for your loss of little Rowan. My oldest is a surviving twin (he just had his 9th birthday). Our angel was on earth for 7 months. He spent 5 months in the hospital and 2 wonderful months at home with us.

Wonderful news about Willow. Would love to hear an update.

I have some resources for families who have lost multiples. Please PM me and I can put you in touch. It's a horrible place to be in....rejoicing in the life of one while mourning the loss of another. There are others who understand and can provide your family with support.

Blessing to you and prayers to the whole family for healing and peace.
Pirate1+Princess4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #38
frdeb1999
DIS Veteran

So sorry on the loss of your daughter Rowan. A very hard thing I can relate to. But wonderful news on Willow. Your family will be in my continued thoughts and prayers.
frdeb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #39
lgjjp
Mouseketeer

Willow is over 5 1/2 lbs now and is drinking almost all feed from a bottle. she still needs oxygen when feeding due to occasional dsats but only has room air thru her canula when not feeding. Hopefully in the next week or so she will be moving to a transitional facility. There her parents and myself ( I will be staying with Willow and her older sister Alivia during the day while my daughter and sil work) will be taught how to care for her with the monitors and oxygen that she will be coming home with. I pray that her stay there will be short and then she will be home with us.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #40
lgjjp
Mouseketeer

Willow is Home!!!

Willow came home yesterday morning. She is doing great, on a small amt of oxygen (only 1/32 of a liter) and a heart monitor. Her doctors feel that she will only need these for a month or 2. She now weighs 6 lbs 9oz. All feeds are by bottle now. She spent 58 days in the NICU and 14 days in a transitional care home. We are so happy to have her home with us.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #41
Elfstar
Guarded by Dragons, Gargoyles...and Figment!

Congratulations on Willow's homecoming and continued improvement. That is truly a blessing and a milestone!

My sympathies on Rowan's loss, I'll keep you all in my prayers. You're a strong family!
2006 - 3 trips this year - all Disney'd out for now.
2007 - another wonderful week at WDW (off site)
2008 - the saddest year of my life - DH has ALS; AKL for his final trip.
2009 - DH passed on 1/3 - "memory trip" 3/5 - 3/9 with his daughter.
Memory trip 6/28 - 7/4 POFQ - first solo trip, a little rough
F & W Festival trip - 9/24 - 9/29 with sister-in-law - AKL
2010 - 6/19-25, DTD hotel - carried DH in my heart, had a lovely trip!
Elfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #42
karen l
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I hope Willow continues to improve. Best wishes to your family.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #43
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

great news!!!! She will definitely flourish with all the love surrounding her day and night! Time to enjoy!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: