Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
CanBeGrumpy
Has a built in Mayo gag reflex

Angry Vent---Victoria's Secret Underwear no longer 100% cotton!!

OK, I know this is a very minor issue considering everything else going on in the world, but I just discovered today that my beloved Victoria's Secret cotton underwear is now 5% Spandex!!! ARGH!!! So, now when my "stretch" jeans fall down after a few hours of wearing, I guess my underwear will be going with them! I hate the fact that everything has "stretch" now!!! Cotton is stretchy enough, people! Please, give me back 100% cotton jeans and 100% cotton VS underwear!!!!!

Vent over, thanks for listening!
CanBeGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

Interesting! Yesterday I wore a new pair for the first time. It felt baggy, for lack of a better word. Same size, same style. Seemed to fit a bit differently. I guess I know why.
Green Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
CanBeGrumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea View Post
Interesting! Yesterday I wore a new pair for the first time. It felt baggy, for lack of a better word. Same size, same style. Seemed to fit a bit differently. I guess I know why.
No, say it isn't so!! That is exactly what I was worried about! I haven't tried mine yet; they are in the wash right now. I have a feeling I will be writing a letter to Victoria's Secret to please bring back the 100% cotton!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
apirateslifeforme
The Next Mrs. Simon LeBon
On a serious note, I have to agree with the pantyhose and buttfloss
Rare. Bloody rare. Still mooing

I stopped buying them a few years ago. They used to last for YEARS...then they changed something about them and suddenly, I was getting holes in them after 2-3 months. Hasn't happened to any of my other brands...
Old 07-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

i have the same problem. i've had 2 pairs tear on me that were practically brand new. one ripped on the seam the first time i wore it.

and about the spandex-i used to love the VS "ultrasmooth" undies, but the last two pair i bought i can't even wear, b/c as soon as i put them on, i start to itch. something has been added to them or they've been treated with something.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #6
CanBeGrumpy

I agree, they do not last very long, but they fit me so well that I was willing to overlook the quality! Now that they have stretch, I think I will be looking at finding a new brand. Does anyone have any suggestions for a brand that would fit similarly to VS? I have tried to find a replacement for VS before but nothing ever fit as well.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
BCV513
DIS Veteran

This may be TMI, but the new ones give unbelievable wedgies that the old ones never did.

BCV513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
krcit
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad to see that others have a problem with VS quality! I have noticed that all my VS underwear rips in a couple of months I guess I'll go back to my trustworthy Jockey, lol.

krcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #9
Shelton123
Ahh girly drama *runs away*
yeah yeah yeah I know I'm so damn original blah blah blah
A zipline? What do you mean a zipline? That's preposterous; I thought everyone knew that she flies!

Aww darn Now where will I get flowery lacey cotton panties?

Shelton123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #10
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBeGrumpy View Post
I agree, they do not last very long, but they fit me so well that I was willing to overlook the quality! Now that they have stretch, I think I will be looking at finding a new brand. Does anyone have any suggestions for a brand that would fit similarly to VS? I have tried to find a replacement for VS before but nothing ever fit as well.
I wonder too! I have never had holes or tears, but the edging seems to fray within a few washings. But I also overlooked b/c they fit well and they were dependable to always have the same style in stock. I'm not very adventurous in the trying new styles department.
Green Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
noahynav
Mouseketeer

Count me in as another disappointed customer. I have been wearing these for years and LOVED them. Now they are terrible. I agree about finding holes in them, getting stretched out, and fraying. What are they thinking? VS usually sends me a coupon for a free pair every few months or so, I just told my husband that I won't even bother redeeming that anymore because it's not worth my time, they are that bad now.
When I went in to get my last pair the sales clerk mentioned that the briefs (which is what I always wear) now fit more like a bikini cut. I didn't think much of it at the time, but Now I am left wondering WHY? VS has a whole store full of sexy low cut underwear, why not carry just one style that has a little bit higher rise? So frustrated with them. I hate change, but now I will have to find something else. Keep the suggestions coming. Does anyone know anything about the Hanes premium line?
noahynav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #12
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

I think Jockey still makes 100% cotton panties.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #13
MusiqChic99
Love means going out to eat so that your husband won't have to cook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apirateslifeforme View Post
I stopped buying them a few years ago. They used to last for YEARS...then they changed something about them and suddenly, I was getting holes in them after 2-3 months. Hasn't happened to any of my other brands...
I'm right with you.

Mine don't last either and for the price they should. I bought a bra during the semi annual sale and the underwire is already poking out of the fabric. I'm happy I didn't pay full price but I barely got to wear it.
MusiqChic99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #14
Hercules10
Al Bundy WannaBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV513 View Post
This may be TMI, but the new ones give unbelievable wedgies that the old ones never did.
Ya sure you didn't buy the thong undies?
Hercules10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #15
apirateslifeforme
The Next Mrs. Simon LeBon
On a serious note, I have to agree with the pantyhose and buttfloss
Rare. Bloody rare. Still mooing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiqChic99 View Post
I'm right with you.

Mine don't last either and for the price they should. I bought a bra during the semi annual sale and the underwire is already poking out of the fabric. I'm happy I didn't pay full price but I barely got to wear it.
Don't get me started on the bras! They re-designed the Body by Victoria unlined full coverage...I tried buying the same size that I'd worn in the "old" BbV and they're MUCH smaller! I laid them out, one on the other; the new one is a good inch smaller in the band and a half-inch all around the cups. I've always been suspicious of their sizing...theirs is the only bra that I had to go up a cup size. On another message board, almost all of the women there said the same thing.

As far as going back to the cotton underwear...I've gone back to the Jockey Elance 3-paks. They're holding up quite well so far!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: