Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #46
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Hey Ali! I pm'd the Lumar. Is he checking them? I told him we got to hear all the dirt on him, it was time to hear the dirt on you. Of course I'm sure there isn't any, but it was a ploy to get him on here.

You aren't getting the free dining? I thought it was available for your dates. Your costumes sound great. You're right, If I saw you in the Pokemon costumes!

I can't WAIT to see you in your costumes! I'm so jealous you get to do 2 parties. That's so cool.

I need you to send my husband a post card and tell him Mickey thinks he needs to take his family on a vacation. It won't happen, but the pressure just might break him!!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #47
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Hey, one more thing. Are you on facebook??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #48
akayek31
DIS Veteran

Hey. I am enjoying your PTR. The rabbits are so cute. I can't wait to read more. Are the Coffee pot swaps easy?

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

Old 08-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #49
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I too am in the midst of trying to put away money for the trip! It isn't easy! Good luck with the extra work you're doing. Don't kill yourself and stay healthy.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #50
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I too am in the midst of trying to put away money for the trip! It isn't easy! Good luck with the extra work you're doing. Don't kill yourself and stay healthy.
It certainly isn't. I had a great paycheck 2 weeks ago, ended up spending almost $500 to get my car FIXED, then this past Friday I had a mediocre paycheck and ended up having to pay $85 to re-register my car, plus $20 for the emissions test. I'm hoping that my ingenious get-rich-quick scheme works...in the meantime, I'll try not to catch the swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
Hey. I am enjoying your PTR. The rabbits are so cute. I can't wait to read more. Are the Coffee pot swaps easy?
I have never done one before but it sounds easy enough! You just sign up on one of the threads (even if your dates are taken you can be put on a wait list as people's plans change all the time), get in touch with the person before you to make pick up arrangements, and the person after you to make drop off arrangements. You leave the item with the front desk at check out if the person after you is not getting there until after you leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
Hey Ali! I pm'd the Lumar. Is he checking them? I told him we got to hear all the dirt on him, it was time to hear the dirt on you. Of course I'm sure there isn't any, but it was a ploy to get him on here.

You aren't getting the free dining? I thought it was available for your dates.

I need you to send my husband a post card and tell him Mickey thinks he needs to take his family on a vacation. It won't happen, but the pressure just might break him!!
He hasn't checked them yet...he goes online every day to read all kinds of other junk (wrestling updates, online comics, etc) but his email and the DIS are two things he never checks. That boy has over 400 emails in his inbox that would drive me nuts!

Free dining is available, but the problem is that you can only add dining to a package. We have two ressies: the package is only for 2 dates (10/23 - 10/24) and then we have a separate ressie for 10/25 - 11/1 because we got a 40% off PIN for room only. Since I can't add dining to the room only ressie, I would have been able to get it for only 2 nights. I'm a tad bummed but 40% off the room rate is better than free dining...especially since it's only "FREE" if you get the CS Dining Plan. The regular plan is an "upgrade."

And I will definitely send your hubby a postcard! LOL I'll try my best to convince him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
Hey, one more thing. Are you on facebook??
Yes I am =) I'll PM you so you can add me.
Anyone else who wants to add me can PM me!

Last edited by Simba22; 08-25-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #51
Simba22
DIS Veteran

An extra $200!!!!!

OK so my get rich quick scheme didn't go EXACTLY as planned, but I did get an extra $211.26

I was reading a thread on the budget board and read enough positive reviews to sell my old gold jewelry. I used US Gold Buyers, the process was extremely easy...I sent them the package yesterday afternoon at 3:30pm and they called me today at 5pm with the amount! I needed $300 for food for our trip...I have $100 saved that my mom gave me for Christmas and now I'm getting the $211 from USGB so I met my goal! It's not the $900 that some people on that thread were bragging about but for 3 tiny gold chains, 4 rings, 2 charms, and 8 pairs of tiny little earrings, $211 is not bad. And I didn't have to pay for shipping!

I'm going to keep collecting stuff and see what I can come up with before we leave in October.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #52
Simba22
DIS Veteran

55 days to go!!

OK so Lumar read his PMs yesterday...and then did absolutely nothing about it! He's so aggrivating! I'm still waiting for that smiley punching the other smiley in the face...I have a real use for that one!

He asked me if he was being recruited into a cult

I told him no, but now that I think about it.....

DME stuff should be coming soon! When do people usually get it? Like 40 days out or something, right?
Old 08-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #53
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Well he isn't any fun is he?? This is a cult, I truly believe that. Do you have any consignment shops around you? You could take some clothes you don't wear into them and they sell them for you. That would be even MORE money. Glad the gold thing worked out for you. I did pretty good at a gold party I went to. I have a bunch of silver to sell, but I don't know if anyone buys that.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #54
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Just thought I'd pop in (for those you still paying attention lol) and say....

45 days!!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #55
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Just thought I'd pop in (for those you still paying attention lol) and say....

45 days!!
The price of gold per ounce is through the roof right now..find more gold. In CA, people are actually going out and trying to mine for gold again.....

45 days
Old 09-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #56
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The price of gold per ounce is through the roof right now..find more gold. In CA, people are actually going out and trying to mine for gold again.....

45 days

Wow...mining for gold, huh? History really does repeat itself! I've been trying to find more to sell but I think more people are onto this than I originally thought. My sister sold all of hers, my mom sold all of hers....we do a lot of tag sales to raise money for the shelter but no one ever donates their gold jewelry.... I'm keeping my eyes open though! That was the quickest $200 I ever made!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #57
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Wow...mining for gold, huh? History really does repeat itself! I've been trying to find more to sell but I think more people are onto this than I originally thought. My sister sold all of hers, my mom sold all of hers....we do a lot of tag sales to raise money for the shelter but no one ever donates their gold jewelry.... I'm keeping my eyes open though! That was the quickest $200 I ever made!
Today gold is trading at 1000.00 an ounce!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #58
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Today gold is trading at 1000.00 an ounce!!!!!!!!!!
wow...if only I had waited another 2 weeks to sell I probably could have doubled my money! Oh well...beggers can't be choosers! I'll take what I can get! We do a tag sale every other weekend so I keep looking for stuff that people donate that is actually worth money.....
Old 09-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #59
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Just found this and wanted to comment, so please excuse the comments that relate to when you started this....

Woah, first off, how can a health insurance company be going broke? They are (no offense to you), one of the main problems with health care costs.

To your animal stories! Oh my gosh! What an awful couple of days you had. Cracked windshield, rabbit abusers and more!

Oh my gosh, Minnie is SO cute!

Loved the "random thoughts" and cable bills SUCK!

The baby bunnies are adorable! Love Flower!!

Cool to gold money!!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #60
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Just found this and wanted to comment, so please excuse the comments that relate to when you started this....

Woah, first off, how can a health insurance company be going broke? They are (no offense to you), one of the main problems with health care costs.

To your animal stories! Oh my gosh! What an awful couple of days you had. Cracked windshield, rabbit abusers and more!

Oh my gosh, Minnie is SO cute!

Loved the "random thoughts" and cable bills SUCK!

The baby bunnies are adorable! Love Flower!!

Cool to gold money!!!
Hi! Thanks for joining me! And thanks for continuing to read after my little rant there.... I was having a REALLY bad day! LOL

Minnie is still available for adoption...I dropped that little hint last night but I think it fell on deaf ears. He is talking about keeping 2 of the baby bunnies we are fostering which would be OK with me but I want a dog, dang it! Flower is my favorite, too! He is one of the ones we might keep.

15 more minutes of work and then I'm outta here! Hopefully I'll have a little update for you guys tonight if I can drag myself away from the TV.... I'm not normally a TV watcher but lately I've been watching it a lot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: