Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #31
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
You know people just don't get it when it comes to animals. My sister and her family bought a chocolate lab. Now that it's not puppy size anymore, they want to get rid of it! She wants to spend 700 dollars on a toy something or other to carry around in her purse!

PEOPLE, ANIMALS ARE A LIFETIME COMMITMENT!!
It makes me mad but after 4 years, I know it's something that will never change. I mean, people dump their newborns in toilets, trashcans, and dumpsters...why should they treat animals any differently?

Quote:
It's great you donate your time for the cause. The world needs more people like you. I love Minnie, she is adorable. Lumar if you are reading this, GET THE DOG!!!
Thanks I really like being a volunteer and I wish I had more time to devote to it. Depending on how things go when we get laid off, maybe I'll be able to take some time off without having to go right back to work. We'll see...

Quote:
I do remember the car trouble. This is becomming an event with you. Your vehicles are conspiring against you. But you can beat the system next time. Just make sure you have an extra couple grand laying around (ha ha ha) for your car. I'm thinking they know you will be flying and are just pissed off.
I know! It IS a conspiracy! Lumar and I were talking about buying a new one and splitting the monthly payments, but right now I don't know if I can afford another monthly bill...

Quote:
For the luggage, I got a great deal on a VERY large suitcase at Elder Beerman. It is huge, I'm thinking I paid $25 or so?? I know it wasn't much. I wish you lived closer, I would let you use mine.
Aww! thanks! I found mine in the basement yesterday and it's not all THAT broken....I suppose I can get another trip or two out of it. At least I HOPE I can.

Quote:
So with this new job, does that mean you will get to stay? Oh I hope so. I hate it when people lose their jobs. It makes me so mad.
Nope, when the company goes, we all go. It sucks but at least for now I am happy about going to work again.

Quote:
Any updates on costumes??
You're all going to laugh, considering Lumar and I are 25 and 26 years old (respectively), but we are really really big nerds....like worse than the Star Wars people and the Trekkies. We've always been really into Pokemon so we are going as Pokemon trainers to the Halloween party one night. We have tickets to two parties...I was planning to only dress up for one but if I can think of another costume, we might dress up for both.

Quote:
Oh I can't wait for your vacation. It's been too long girl. Someday you and I will have to do a solo and meet up!
I know! By the time we go in October, it will be over 1 year and a half since our last trip! That's much too long for me! I'm hoping to be able to book a Bounce Back trip before we come home from this one...maybe for March or something. My cousin will be turning 18 on March 13 and Lumar will turn 26 on March 6 so maybe. My cousin has never been to WDW so I was thinking about taking her for her birthday... I guess we'll have to see what happens with that. I was thinking that it would be cool to do a DIS meet one day! Maybe you and Brandi can take another trip and meet up with us!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:11 AM   #32
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I'm back. Where's Lumar..since he has an acct now.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #33
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I'm back. Where's Lumar..since he has an acct now.
Hey! Are you feeling better?

I keep telling him to come online but he's much too lazy, apparently. I would tell everyone to start PMing him so he gets a whole bunch of emails from the DIS, but I can't remember if his username. I think it's Forever Red.

ETA: Yes, Forever Red is his username so everyone start PMing him and harrassing him to come online and get involved. At least if I talke trash about him on this trip he can defend himself.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #35
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mission Accomplished. I sent Lumar a PM...
Good! Hopefully everyone is bombarding him! LOL
Old 08-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #36
doc005
Earning My Ears

Wink

Sounds like you will have a great time. I will be there on the 24 of Oct also. My B-day. Wife and I are driving down on my motorcycle. Talked her into it. Should be a blast. Lets hope for good weather!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #37
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc005 View Post
Sounds like you will have a great time. I will be there on the 24 of Oct also. My B-day. Wife and I are driving down on my motorcycle. Talked her into it. Should be a blast. Lets hope for good weather!!!
Hi! Thanks for reading! Wow, I thought a road trip in a CAR would be fun...the bike will definitely be a blast! Where are you driving down from? Are you shipping your luggage? Being in WDW on your birthday is the BEST! I went for mine back in 2006 and we went for Lumar's last year. Make sure you get a birthday button from guest services!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #38
Simba22
DIS Veteran

OK I don't have anything new to report at this moment as far as our trip goes, but I am sitting at work (been here a whopping 2 hours) and my work is DONE. Like, for today and TOMORROW. I have ZERO to do. My supervisor told me I can go home without pay, or I can sit here and try to look busy for the next 6 hours.

Lumar is telling me that I can't leave without pay because I'm poor.

I agree with him 100% - but....

I

AM

SO

BORED!

Oh and in case you all missed the boat, I have decided that you all need to PM Lumar and make him come online to the DIS. His usename is Forever Red. And I accidentally deleted one of the pictures from my photobucket account that was linked to his siggy. In case you see that "Photo Deleted" thing, that was my bad,

So here is a funny email a friend sent to me. Clearly written by a man, but you get the idea.
Random Thoughts -

The other night I ordered takeout, and when I looked in the bag, saw they had included four sets of plastic silverware. In other words, someone at the restaurant packed my order, took a second to think about it, and then estimate d that there must be at least four people eating to require such a large amount of food. Too bad I was eating by myself. There's nothing like being made to feel like a fat loser before dinner.

More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

That's enough, Nickelback.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.

Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We
just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.

There is a great need for sarcasm font.

Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I first saw it.

I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.

The other night I hit a new low at an open bar. I had already hopped on highway blackout when, inevitably I had to find a bathroom. Eventually I decided it was probably on the other side of the bar so I tried to walk over there, but ran into a guy coming the other way. We played that,
Both go left, Both go right game to no avail, so I finally put out my hand to guide myself past and that's is when I realized, yup, that's a mirror I just tried to walk through. And the guy on the other side is me. Even cats can recognize their own image.

How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.

A recent study has shown that playing beer pong contributes to the spread of mono and the flu. Yeah, if you suck at it.

Was learning cursive really necessary?

Lol has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to say".

I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron test is absolutely petrifying.

My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us." Classy, bro.

Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".

How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?

I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!

Every time I have to spell a word over the phone using 'as in' examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot. Today I had to spell my boss's last name to an attorney and said "Yes that's G as in...(10 second lapse)..ummm...Goonies"

What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?

While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.

MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.

Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

Bad decisions make good stories

Whenever I'm Facebook stalking someone and I find out that their profile is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who just got the Red Ryder BB gun that I always wanted. 546 pictures? Don't mind if I do!

If Carmen San Diego and Waldo ever got together, their offspring would probably just be completely invisible.

Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a problem....

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want to have to restart my collection.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

"Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this ever.

I hate being the one with the remote in a room full of people watching TV. There's so much pressure. 'I love this show, but will they judge me if I keep it on? I bet everyone is wishing we weren't watching this. It's only a matter of time before they all get up and leave the room. Will we
still be friends after this?'

While watching the Olympics, I find myself cheering equally for China and USA. No, I am not of Chinese descent, but I am fairly certain that when Chinese athletes don't win, they are executed.

I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Dang it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?

I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

When I meet a new girl, I'm terrified of mentioning something she hasn't already told me but that I have learned from some light internet stalking.

I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle, then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes.

Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal cruising speed for pedophiles...

As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.

Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

It should probably be called Unplanned Parenthood.

I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

I think that if, years down the road when I'm trying to have a kid, I find out that I'm sterile, most of my disappointment will stem from the fact that I was not aware of my condition in college.

Even if I knew your social security number, I wouldn't know what do to with it.

Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time...

My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day "Dad what would happen if you ran over a ninja?" How the hell do I respond to that?

It really annoys me when I want to read a story on CNN.com and the link takes me to a video instead of text.

I wonder if cops ever get mad at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit.

I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay.

Sooo, I found out yesterday that in my panic about paying for my car repairs, I kind of just forgot about all of the other bills that were due. I forgot to pay my car insurance bill, and the cable/phone/internet. Thankfully, the car insurance just charged me a $20 late fee and we moved on.

The cable bill is now 2 months worth of service all rolled into one bill....

$390.09

I was thinking about calling the cable company yesterday and asking to switch to the "basic cable" package. Do you know what is actually INCLUDED with basic cable these days?

NOTHING.

You get the 5 news channels.

That is all.

We have the next step up. LITERALLY, one step away from basic cable. It comes with about 30 music channels, 3 Spanish channels, a Polish channel, and Italian channel, and a channel that is sometimes in German and other times in Japanese, depending on the day. But no movie channels

Between the three of us (me, Lumar, and my brother Mike, who lives with us), we watch HBO, NBC, History, Syfy, and Animal Planet.

The cost for this "one step up plan", phone, and internet is about $160 a month. They they tax my life away and charge me fees for being a white girl on a summer day in Connecticut. We pay an additional $15 a month for HBO. I'm thinking about cancelling that when TrueBlood is over after 3 more episodes.....then I'll add it on again when the new season starts.....

I wish I had some more WDW planning to do. This sucks

Last edited by Simba22; 08-21-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #39
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

You ARE bored!

I don't have alot going on right now here either which is a blessing since I'm still in recovery mode. I was in bed at 11pm last night which NEVER happens.

I do have alot of time to DIS as well.

Cable/Satellite companies definitely have a monopoly going on, but unfortunately, it would be hard to split them up right now...
Old 08-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #40
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You ARE bored!

I don't have alot going on right now here either which is a blessing since I'm still in recovery mode. I was in bed at 11pm last night which NEVER happens.

I do have alot of time to DIS as well.
Told ya

You NEED to not have anything to do. You workaholic, you! Get some sleep and recover from the swine flu! GOSH!

Yep...I'm just DISing away...making everyone FEEL my boredom!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #41
doc005
Earning My Ears

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Hi! Thanks for reading! Wow, I thought a road trip in a CAR would be fun...the bike will definitely be a blast! Where are you driving down from? Are you shipping your luggage? Being in WDW on your birthday is the BEST! I went for mine back in 2006 and we went for Lumar's last year. Make sure you get a birthday button from guest services!
I am driving down from NC right of of I-95. Was just at Epcot with my 10 yr old for her B-day about 3 weeks ago. She also went on the bike. Got to love the get in free for your bithday promo. Vic
Old 08-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #42
Mommy2LittleVols
DIS Veteran

That "Random Thoughts" post was hilarious! That is crazy about the cable bill. We pay less than $100/mo for satellite with HD-DVR service in 2 rooms!!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #43
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2LittleVols View Post
That "Random Thoughts" post was hilarious! That is crazy about the cable bill. We pay less than $100/mo for satellite with HD-DVR service in 2 rooms!!

I thought so, too! I was reading yesterday and found myself laughin out loud at some of them...and all of the people around me would stop and stare at me because I was just laughing for (what to them was) no reason.

Our cable, phone, and internet are combined and we have to pay an extra $15 a month for HBO. The bill for July with no pay-per-views, just the regular old cable (2 TVs, no DVR), phone, and internet (which works minimally well because we needed to set up a wireless router and I'm pretty sure I sucked at that) was $190. Then we add in August's bill and a pay-per-view and we're at $390.

You can either go with Cable Company A, Cable Company B, or Sattellite. I've heard bad things about sattellite so I skipped that, and Cable Company A doesn't provide service in my area. So I didn't really have a choice. I wish you could create an "a la carte" package. Phone, Internet, and a package of any 10 channels I want. We watch SIX channels. Seriously!
Old 08-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #44
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Babies!

hello everyone, hope you're having a good weekend! Just a quick post for you!

Today, the VP of the shelter I volunteer for took in about 14 baby rabbits! The saying "breed like rabbits" didn't come from no where...Apparently this guy started out with 2 and it soon became 37....

Sooo we got 9 that are from 3 separate litters...all between the ages 5-8 weeks old, and we have 5 that are only a few days old. Of course, the mom did not come with them so the VP has the infants at her house where is she bottle feeding them.

Of the other 9 (don't worry, I'm getting to the point!) 1, is at the vet over night with an injury. The other 8 are....well.....

at our house! We're fostering them for a couple of weeks until they are old enough to be altered!

(we named that last one Flower. If you're on the DIS, you better know why!)

I can't get them all in one shot so that's just a few of them!

TTFN!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:23 PM   #45
Simba22
DIS Veteran

A For Real Update

Sorry, guys not much has been going on lately trip wise so I've just been posting stuff to keep you occupied LOL

I do, however have a couple things to share:

1) I was able to get in on a Coffee Maker Swap at POP! I'm so excited that I will actually be able to make DD coffee every morning. For those that read my March TR, you know what happens when I don't have coffee...

2) I have convinced The Lumar into different costumes for the Halloween Party. He is insisting that we are just going to dress up for both parties but I'm trying to work it down to just one. I like the Pokemon Trainer idea but for one, it comes with a lot of extra accessories, and for another, I really don't want to have to explain to everyone over the age of 8 what we are. Soooo...... Lumar is getting a Green Lantern costume (which I am positive he is going to ROAST in) and I am going as Wonder Woman! I was considering Batgirl but I'm not crazy about wearing a mask.... So I'm really excited right now about that!

And I am in the process of trying to get some extra money for our trip. I am working right now on just getting the money together for our food (we decided to put about $300 each on Disney Gift cards) and I have $100 saved. I'm trying to earn the other $200 plus maybe hopefully a bit more that I can use as spending money. I'm not going to give away anymore just yet, just in case it doesn't come to fruition, but I'm hoping to have this all in the bag by the end of the week. They did offer me OT at work again for this week, so hopefully I can use the "extra money" from this little side project to actually pay for Disney and not the regular bills...

I'm finally in the 50s!! Not counting today we are down to 59 days!
Alright, I'm off to the gym in a few (to burn off the rice krispie treat I just ate )! TTFN!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: