Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #136
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
She THEN proceeds to start commenting on all of our stuff (which is strategically thrown all over the place) and how the maids won't be able to clean. I tell her that we are not having the maid come in today, and shove the little red tag into the door. I was half expecting her to follow me to the bus stop on her stupid segway.
Who the heck does she think she is? Geez! You are on vacation and cleaning isn't part of the deal!!

Quote:
my French Toast and scrambled eggs were awesome!

OMG! That looks yummy!

Quote:
The business end of the White Rhino:
Nice Butt!

[ quote=]
We were able to get new FPs before we got on, and after our ride, we went to Dinoland to ride Dinosaur (which is still completely terrifying, by the way). [/quote]
Really??

Quote:
The duck has an injured foot, OK?! So what if I gave her some bread!? GOSH!
It's okay, no passing judgement!

Quote:
I got two pairs of pants (while Lumar was...ahem...indisposed...).
Hee Hee!

I can't wait to hear all about the PARTY!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #137
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
Really??

I can't wait to hear all about the PARTY!
Yes, really! I can't decide if I love that ride or hate it. It scares the bejesus out of me!

I'm hoping to get in another update tonight but it's Ghost Hunters night so I'm not making any promises! LOL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #138
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Update - MNSSHP (Version 1)

We had a plan for the party, going in. We wanted to do rides and trick or treating tonight and save character meetings for the 31st when we would be in costume. This night went according to plan and we had a great time!

We left for the party at 7pm and, of course, rode HM first. It was too dark to get good pictures of it though.

We did a lot of trick or treating but the candy assortment this time around was....well...cheap...compared to the party in 2007. No name brand candy with the exception of maybe 3 mini tootsie rolls. Everything else is that cheap candy that no one ever really eats... and to be honest, it's still all piled in the fruit bowl on top of my microwave. It's only 2.5 months old at this point...it's not THAT bad, right?

There is a trick or treat spot down the ramp near where you board the Liberty Belle. There was a CM dressed like he worked at the HM, with makeup on, of course, for the party. He was kind of hiding on the boat and when people would come down the ramp he would just kind of stalk you...in the dark...it was really creepy. He totally freaked me out. And I heard another girl saying the same thing about him so I wasn't alone.

We watched Hallowishes (this is the first time I used my new camera to take fireworks pictures and I didn’t use a tripod, so the fireworks came out OK but the castle is pretty blurry most of the time!):

Then rode PotC, sat and watched Boo to You (tied for 1st as my favorite parade with the AK parade):

The dog they used during the HM part of the parade was just a puppy and he was SO cute! He kept trying to run towards the crowd and he was licking the food scraps off the ground.

We rode HM one more time, then headed home around 11. There had been talk of rain earlier in the day, and we noticed that Hallowishes was “cut short” (there were parts of the song missing that we KNOW were missing because we have the song on the iPod and know it by heart) and thought maybe it’s because they were trying to save time before the storm came in, but thankfully it held out and we had a great night!

Last edited by Simba22; 01-14-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #140
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I don't like parades, but that parade looks very unique....
I know you hate them, but if you ever get a chance to go in October for the party you should watch it at least once. They give out free candy! And they show it twice so you can watch the first one and then ride rides during the second one!
Old 01-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #141
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know you hate them, but if you ever get a chance to go in October for the party you should watch it at least once. They give out free candy! And they show it twice so you can watch the first one and then ride rides during the second one!
I went once at the beginning of october.....maybe it warrants a return during that time...
Old 01-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #142
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went once at the beginning of october.....maybe it warrants a return during that time...

Seriously, just DON'T go ON Halloween. It was atrocious....but you'll read all about it later.....
Old 01-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #143
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Seriously, just DON'T go ON Halloween. It was atrocious....but you'll read all about it later.....
Old 01-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #144
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I took a picture of the crowd waiting in line to get on the BUS at the end of the night.... It was a madhouse and that's putting it mildly.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #145
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I took a picture of the crowd waiting in line to get on the BUS at the end of the night.... It was a madhouse and that's putting it mildly.
double
Old 01-18-2010, 08:24 AM   #146
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Great party pics! I so loved that parade. I can't believe they cheapened the candy. That's terrible. GIVE THE PEOPLE CHOCOLATE! They can give away free dining, but no good candy. Oh well, off my soap box.

We went to the party on Halloween too. Won't do that again. YIKES!

Great update Ali!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #147
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great party pics! I so loved that parade. I can't believe they cheapened the candy. That's terrible. GIVE THE PEOPLE CHOCOLATE! They can give away free dining, but no good candy. Oh well, off my soap box.

We went to the party on Halloween too. Won't do that again. YIKES!

Great update Ali!
Thanks, Nikki! How's the weather out there today? It was sleeting and snowing and cold here yesterday and today it's like 60 degrees... My poor plants don't know what to do with their lives and my animals won't stop shedding because the seasons are changing on a daily basis....
Old 01-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #148
Simba22
DIS Veteran

OK so why are there 5,473 views to my TR but only 10 pages! Stop lurking all of you....lurkers!!

Hoping to update tonight for all of you secretly stalking me!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #149
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

The weather here is cold, cloudy and just plain yucky! It's been around 30 but supposed to get way colder next week. I am SOOOOOO excited. 60 degrees your way? You lucky girl. I cant wait for 60.

You have a pretty big fan base eh? They are closet dissers!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #150
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The weather here is cold, cloudy and just plain yucky! It's been around 30 but supposed to get way colder next week. I am SOOOOOO excited. 60 degrees your way? You lucky girl. I cant wait for 60.

You have a pretty big fan base eh? They are closet dissers!!!
Well...it WAS 60 that one day...now it's back down to the 40s during the day and the teens or low 20s at night. It's 37 here now, and they are predicting almost 50 for Monday so who knows. No snow in the forecast though....

I can't wait to get out of work today...longest day ever!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: