Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #31
nothnbutherainsir
I wish we had a YETI smiley!

*bump* love this thread

nothnbutherainsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #32
TinkerbellinLouisian
I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

Great Thread!

Thank you everyone for your memories that made me smile, cry and just feel good all over.....

I'll give you 2:

in 2002....DH & I got married at WDW...and blended our families...my DS10, his DD9, and DD8. We all rode RNR with the exception of DD9...who was afraid to. Later we were at the BIG Chalkboard / wait times with rides and DH was talking to DD9 about being afraid to ride RNR. A CM overheard us...and also talked to DD9. She brought us to RNR, talked DD9 into riding WITH HER...and walked us up right to the front of the line...and then afterward ... gave us their picture riding! DD9 LOVED it...and has been a Roller Coaster LOVER ever since!

in 2008...last trip...we were all at ToT Fast pass lanes....our fast pass time had not started...AND we had a ADR that would prevent us from using them in the time alotted....a CM overheard us and Brought us straight to the front of the line of ToT! I have a great pic of her ...and DD ...with her ToT CM demure smile..... She gave us one of those "magical moments" certificates.

LOVE WDW CMs!!!

Hugs,
Mary
1970 - (I was 5...it was just a movie being shown back then...still being built)...1974 - WDW - ?...1976 - DL - On the way to moving from CA to FL...1977 - WDW Lake Buena Vista...1981 - WDW High School Dance Competition...1982 - H.S. Dance Competition.....1983 - H.S. Dance Competition...1985 - Offsite...1991 - Offsite (HJ)..1993 - AS Movies...1994 - Offsite ...1995 - AS Music .....1997 - Offsite...1998 - Offsite...2000 - Offsite...2002 - Polynesian (Got Married!)...2004 - Beach Club...2006 - Beach Club...2008 - Beach Club...2010 May 9-14 BCV Graduation Celebration with DS18...2012 Surprising Family on details May Visit to WDW

TinkerbellinLouisian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #33
jiminyfan
Daddy, Dreamer and WDWnut

Talking The CMs of the Jungle Cruise made my son's dream come true!

This past Summer my son decided to adopt the JC as his ride of choice and wanted to ride it again and again and again every 10 minutes for the rest of his life (ok, this vacation). So for four days or so, we spent more time on the JC than we have in the past two years combined and the CMs started to notice. I was more than impressed and surprised to see how they started to take to Cameron. They did the normal allowed him to steer the boat and etc, but what happened on our last night of the vacation was the most magical thing I ever witnessed at WDW short of his mother telling me she wanted to have a baby after 14 yrs of marriage (but that is another story).

The boat was about to pull out of the dock and a supervisor Melissa poked her head and told Cameron that she needs to see him after the boat returns to the dock and then smiled at me. I was wondering what was up, but what happened I could never have guessed.

Ten minutes later we arrive at the dock and Cameron gets out and starts to run back into line, it is late and he knows he has only 4 or 5 more rides tops before the park closes. But, Melissa yells to stop him and calls him back. There standing with her was another "boss CM" and a lot of his friend skippers he met over the past 3-4 days. She asks him if he thinks he can be as funny as they are and can do the spiel as good. He replies with an enthusiastic - YES! The pixie dust was sprinkled and Melissa told Cameron he would have to show them. Justine pulled out an official Skipper hat for him to wear and the loaded the boat with all and any Skipper who was not needed at the docks for his crew. Then the boat was turned over to Skipper Cameron for a once in a lifetime Jungle Cruise for the Skippers.

I was in tears of joy watching him living a dream of being a Disney CM even if it was for only ten minutes, but that memory will last a life time. I could not thank the CMs enough for what they did. And Cameron was so thankful he wrote them a letter saying how nice they were. This is the true spirit of Disney magic. I read a lot of negative comments about the CMs, but this group of young mostly CP CMs made this particular trip his best ever.

You can witness the cruise here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WORj7ELVCY

I am so proud of my little Skipper Cameron! I think for just turning 10, he did pretty darn good!

April 2014
Son and his school is performed at Downtown Disney and the band lead the Good Friday Parade
Wonderful Time and great shows by the students

August 2014 - First AoA stay looking forward to a new home for our vacation

Fall 2014 - Still in the planning stages, but F&W will be part of it
jiminyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #34
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

A few years ago when my family and I got back to the Contemporary we once started talking to one of the Club Level Cast Members. Anyway for whatever reason we asked if anyone has ever requested things like drinks not offered in the lounge and we were told yes. So my mom gave an example of a drink like Diet Cherry Coke, because earlier that day we were at a Walmart and she wanted to get one but the machine was sold out. So we are then told he can get it for us, but my mom said you don't need to and she was serious. Anyway we then went off to the Grand Floridian and when we returned a 6 pack bottle of Diet Cherry Coke was in our room. Well we were surprised in a good way because like I said my mom was serious that he didn't need to get that for her, so the next time we saw him my mom said a very nice thank you.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #35
DisneysRedhead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminyfan View Post
This past Summer my son decided to adopt the JC as his ride of choice and wanted to ride it again and again and again every 10 minutes for the rest of his life (ok, this vacation). So for four days or so, we spent more time on the JC than we have in the past two years combined and the CMs started to notice. I was more than impressed and surprised to see how they started to take to Cameron. They did the normal allowed him to steer the boat and etc, but what happened on our last night of the vacation was the most magical thing I ever witnessed at WDW short of his mother telling me she wanted to have a baby after 14 yrs of marriage (but that is another story).

The boat was about to pull out of the dock and a supervisor Melissa poked her head and told Cameron that she needs to see him after the boat returns to the dock and then smiled at me. I was wondering what was up, but what happened I could never have guessed.

Ten minutes later we arrive at the dock and Cameron gets out and starts to run back into line, it is late and he knows he has only 4 or 5 more rides tops before the park closes. But, Melissa yells to stop him and calls him back. There standing with her was another "boss CM" and a lot of his friend skippers he met over the past 3-4 days. She asks him if he thinks he can be as funny as they are and can do the spiel as good. He replies with an enthusiastic - YES! The pixie dust was sprinkled and Melissa told Cameron he would have to show them. Justine pulled out an official Skipper hat for him to wear and the loaded the boat with all and any Skipper who was not needed at the docks for his crew. Then the boat was turned over to Skipper Cameron for a once in a lifetime Jungle Cruise for the Skippers.

I was in tears of joy watching him living a dream of being a Disney CM even if it was for only ten minutes, but that memory will last a life time. I could not thank the CMs enough for what they did. And Cameron was so thankful he wrote them a letter saying how nice they were. This is the true spirit of Disney magic. I read a lot of negative comments about the CMs, but this group of young mostly CP CMs made this particular trip his best ever.

You can witness the cruise here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WORj7ELVCY

I am so proud of my little Skipper Cameron! I think for just turning 10, he did pretty darn good!

That is the best moment ever! How lucky for him, this really put a smile on my face
DisneysRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: