Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #16
Tink561
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Did I make page 1???

Oh no!!! I just missed it... oh well, first post of page 2 is good.
Tink561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #17
Mirb1214
Mouseketeer

TeresaJoy-- Ok, I went and measured my size 5 Simply Sweet Jumper, It measures out FINISHED at 24" (12" across front and back), EXACTLY as it should (I think), which is good. The sizing says 24" for a size 5. I went back and remeasured Mollie and she's 22.5". WHAT IS MY PROBLEM?? It is SO hard to put on going over her head, BUT she can STEP into it. I guess my question is. . . am I suppose to be able to put it on OVER her head????

October 2009 All Star Music (Family Suite)
June 2009 offisite Bonnet Creek
June 2008 All Star Movies (1st Trip)
Mirb1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #18
DisneyKings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleCreations View Post
Okay....HOLD ONTO YOUR SEATS DISBOUTIQUERS....I AM ACTUALLY GOING TO POST A PHOTO OF SOMETHING.....

Thank you...Thank you....(bow, bow...)
I love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Toadstool* View Post
I got this dress in the mail a week or so ago. My MIL has been telling me about this dress for about a year now, so I was thrilled to get it in. She is a seamstress and sews for others for her income. I just wanted to share with you guys because I know a few of you love smocking as much as I do!
She told me she hated doing bullion roses, so I was thrilled when I saw she actually put them on the dress. What a labor of love! She even put them on the buttons. The dress is already tight fitting in the bodice, so I hope she doesn't grow that way for a while!
If anyone knows of an online sash bow tutorial with pictures please let me know! I used to use a magazine I had everytime I tie a sash, but I can't find it!

Gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
I finished Taylor's Magic Kingdom birthday dress today. Once again HeatherSue is my hero (and Marah too). Thank you ladies for coming up with such cute birthday appliques! I don't know what I would do without you!

Of coarse Taylor was convinced today was her birthday when I wanted to try it on her. She was really excited about this one, so forgive me for too many pictures. I was trying to get a decent angle on all the appliques, and she was so happy about the dress. I think I snapped at least 100 pics in just a couple mins time.

I am hoping to finish 3 more outfits before we leave on the 15th.... plus some stuff for the adults.... I have way tooooo much to do and I have to be out of town all next week for work. Hopefully I can get another outfit done before I fly out on Monday.

And I have to post at least a few twirl pictures

I love this dress! Can I borrow it the day after her bday for my DD's bday?
Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #19
longaberger_lara
Mouseketeer

Wow! I'm cramming for finals and still made it on page 2!!
Love everything that has been posted. I haven't been able to make much lately, but have more and more ideas to put on my wish list!
It never fails that the week of finals, I get sick. I had to go yesterday and get antibiotics and a shot for strep throat. So sick that I could not make myself start studying and I have tests on Tues. and Wed. Oh, well, I'll do as well as I can!
emcreative - so sorry that your trip didn't turn out to be as magical as you had hoped. The next one will be better.

wife of Kevin for 16 yrs , mom to Abby 14 , Hayley 10 and Nate 5
longaberger_lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #20
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

I'm here. Guess I'll go and catch up on the other.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
jessica52877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #21
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
Always misses the big numbers
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

Just need to be sure jeanne.... and everyone else sees this. I'm hoping for some pixie dust on this one too!!

Jhammers..... I need your help!!

I'm looking for a source where I can buy a wrought iron drawer/door pull (at least that's what i think these are??) for a craft I'm making. I've seen this type of thing done on blogs from women in Utah where they've done this kinda thing probably at enrichment night. I know you're a Utah girl and may have seen this done and maybe know where I can get these..... (I know... this is probably like asking if you know the Osmonds! )

Anyway- click on the link please. I'm looking for the wrought iron piece that is conected to the wood board. Have you seen these anywhere?? HAS ANYONE SEEN THESE????

http://picasaweb.google.com/MyVinylD...69988688070562
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

karebear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #22
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot View Post
even though I'm more of a lurker these days I wanted to first page it!!
Nice to see you here! How's the puppy doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbaggott View Post
Hi there, I've been following this thread for the past couple of months admiring all everyones work, and WISHING I had a little girl to dress up in the beautiful dresses I've seen here! But alas, my little girl just turned 18!!!! And won't let me pick out/buy her clothes anymore (unless she is with me to pick them out of course). However I do have a 6 year old DS who is SO excited about our upcoming Disney Trip (this will be his second but he was only 2 when we went the first time and he doesn't remember it).

I see SO much for little girls here, can someone post pictures of boy outfits that a 6yr old would go for? Would LOVE to see the Disboutique for Boys!
If you check the Group Photobucket site you will find pictures of boy clothes. And, I'm sure some people will post here for you too! We've had some cute boy outfits made! And, we have several 6 year olds on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Better than when she moves us in the middle of the night for us East Coast people!!!
I am pretty sure we are in the same time zone! I just stay up too late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink561 View Post
I'm here! Did I make page 1???

Oh no!!! I just missed it... oh well, first post of page 2 is good.
Top of the 2nd page is good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirb1214 View Post
TeresaJoy-- Ok, I went and measured my size 5 Simply Sweet Jumper, It measures out FINISHED at 24" (12" across front and back), EXACTLY as it should (I think), which is good. The sizing says 24" for a size 5. I went back and remeasured Mollie and she's 22.5". WHAT IS MY PROBLEM?? It is SO hard to put on going over her head, BUT she can STEP into it. I guess my question is. . . am I suppose to be able to put it on OVER her head????
The first time I tried to put Lydia's on her, I had a harder time than other times! It is kind of a wiggle into it kind of a dress! But, it shouldn't be TOO hard. Maybe your daughter has wide shoulders? I do, that's what made me think of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKings View Post
I love this!

Gorgeous

I just wanted to commend you on moving your quotes over from the old thread!!
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #23
WDWAtLast
I found my Prince - now where are the mice and birds that do housework?

You have all been busy today!!! I still haven't learned to multi quote - much less multi quote another thread, but everyone's work is soooo amazing! I saw some beautiful creations in the last 5-7 pages of the old thread - great work!!!

I bought a rotary cutter and mat today and WOW can I cut out faster!!!! I also confiscated my Mom's serger (with her permission!!) I can't wait to see all the beautiful creations that will be on this new thread!!!

WDWAtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #24
mirandag819
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKings View Post
I love this!

Gorgeous

HAHA I would meet up with you and give it to you for your DD's bday the next day, but with that much white on it, I can say without a doubt it probably won't look wearable after Taylor wears it on her bday . I figured it isn't one she can wear over and over again since it says bday girl, so I wasn't worried about the white too much.

Etsy ID: MirandaG819
mirandag819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #25
disneylovinfamily
DIS Veteran

darn, second page!
Old 07-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #26
Mirb1214
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post

The first time I tried to put Lydia's on her, I had a harder time than other times! It is kind of a wiggle into it kind of a dress! But, it shouldn't be TOO hard. Maybe your daughter has wide shoulders? I do, that's what made me think of it!

:
I bet that's it! Guess I should have thought of that too. At least I feel better about the fact that I am sewing it correctly.

Thanks!

October 2009 All Star Music (Family Suite)
June 2009 offisite Bonnet Creek
June 2008 All Star Movies (1st Trip)
Mirb1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #27
emcreative
DIS Veteran

Oops I'd just posted this on the old thread, lol

And I think I did find a way to make a private blog/TR. Which also means, I can post the TR sooner and include EVERYONE. So please PM me your email address if you'd like access (if you've been posting here before and I 'know' you, please not if you just stumbled on this thread!)

((hugs)) Marah
Old 07-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #28
jham
DIS Veteran

You pulled a fast one on me! That didn't look like 250 I had quotes to cut and paste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear1 View Post
Jhammers..... I need your help!!

I'm lokoing for a source where I can buy a wrought iron drawer/door pull (at least that's what i think these are??) for a craft I'm making. I've seen this type of thing done on blogs from women in Utah where they've done this kinda thing probably at enrichment night. I know you're a Utah girl and may have seen this done and maybe know where I can get these..... (I know... this is probably like asking if you know the Osmonds! )

Anyway- click on the link please. I'm looking for the wrought iron piece that is conected to the wood board. Have you seen these anywhere?? HAS ANYONE SEEN THESE????

http://picasaweb.google.com/MyVinylD...69988688070562
Well, I DO have one of those thingamajiggys lying around somewhere yet to be tied to the craftsy thingamabob that's supposed to hang from it. In fact I think it's the exact same one as your photo. I just made some skirts for the girl that was in charge of the project. I'm pretty sure she got them at an art supply (as in oil paints, canvases etc.) and/or woodworking store. Let me know if you want the exact store name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole View Post
ok ladies, I have proof that I actually finished the Feliz; excuse DD's hair, she just got out of the pool, and would only pose if I promised her these were only the temporary shots LOL.

and, of course, the BR shot:

I used heidi grace fabrics from Joanns that are, conveniently, not on sale this week. DM, and I were able to split them with our coupons. And to show you I've completely lost my mind, I got fabric for another fall feliz and a Christmas Vida at HL today.

ETA: the hem is actually straight, but it doesn't look that way because her back is arched so much LOL. Also, I was surprised by how little bulk is inside the seams when I serged them. I know y'all who serge all the time already know that, but mines only a month and a half old, and I'm still amazed at how wonderful the inside looks. DD wore the dress to HL today (and pronounced it the best dress ever and won't stop twirling in it; she even gasped when she saw it this morning and jumped up and down, clapping.) and I'm ashamed to say, I showed one other sewer the inside of one of the side seams I was so proud. Sad, but true.
Gorgeous! I still haven't attempted that one and I've had the pattern lying around forever! Is there a chicken smiley around here somewhere?

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
jham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:17 PM   #29
danicaw
DIS Veteran

Wow, I am sooo behind.
With getting ready for DD birthday party last Sunday and a quick trip to Canada for my Mom, I don't know the last time I popped in. I miss you all and your amazing creations!

I haven't done any sewing for over a month but this weekend we decided to turn our guest room into an office and then.... (drum rolll) I get a whole wall for my sewing!!!!! I think we are going to try and get the change done before the summer is over, so I may be waiting a bit longer before I start on projects.

Teresa, thanks for posted on FB that we started a new thread... I would have been really lost

danicaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #30
CorNKat'sMom
Earning My Ears

Princess Hair Clippies

Does anyone know how difficult the nowbownogo.com princess hair clippies are to make? There is a option to purchase the e-book to make them on the website. They look adorable. I'm pretty non-crafty but would like to try before our upcoming trip. Thanks.

October 2011-7 night Mexican Riviera on the Wonder
October 2011 One night at Disneyland Hotel
August 2011-First Split Stay Beach Club Level and Coronado Springs
November 2010-CBR (Free Dining) 1st MVMCP
August 2010-POR (Free Dining)
August 2009-POR (Free Dining)
May 2007-Offsite
CorNKat'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boutique clothing, disboutiquers, sewing

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: