Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
jlbsDisney
Earning My Ears

Smile Do you save more money with a package or room only and separate tix?

We are planning ahead for a trip in Oct. 2010, and wanted to get opinions on booking a package vs. doing room only reservations and buying park tickets separately. With all the special offers out there, we're not sure which way will give us the best deal. FYI, we have AAA and a Disney Visa. Thanks!
jlbsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Since discounts, promotions and each family's needs can vary, I find the only way to determine which would be best is to do the math and cost out each scenario. It takes some time and effort, but it can be very much worth it!

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
swald91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwrich View Post
Since discounts, promotions and each family's needs can vary, I find the only way to determine which would be best is to do the math and cost out each scenario. It takes some time and effort, but it can be very much worth it!
Absolutely worth the effort!!!!

Grand Floridian first time in November!
Polynesian(CL) Dixie Landings & Wilderness Lodge
>>>> BEGIN SHAMROCK IMG CODE <<<<

<<<< END SHAMROCK IMG CODE >>>>>
Thanks BCV23!!!! (And MsStinkerbelle for your help!!)
swald91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
DAZY3BYZ
DIS Veteran

ITA!! It's a pain but do the math for your own family and own circumstances. In past trips, we always found room-only and separate tickets thru Undercover Tourist was the way to go for us. We have five in the family and as a result generally stay Deluxe so the room only savings on the room generally couldn't be beat. However, after MANY calculations we found that for our upcoming August trip, free dining would be cheaper for us than a room only discount ( and we had a pin for 40% off:!). It was hard to believe but true for US because we're considered 5 adults and we spend a LOT on food. I made a sample meal itinerary and discovered we would spend more on food than we would be saving with our room discount so free dining won!
It is such an individual thing so don't take anyone's advice on which is cheaper. Take the time and figure out which is cheaper for YOUR family.

1999-ALL Star-sports; 2003- POR; 2004- POR; 2006 POR-POLY; 2007 POLY; 2009 POR-BC; 2010 POR-AKL
DAZY3BYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
package, planning, reservations, room, tickets

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: