Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Oct/Nov specials, refurbs, general info?

Hi,

It's been a few years since we were able to go to Disneyland so please help me out.

We are thinking about a trip in October (or November if that gets us better deals). I wish the current special of extra nights and tickets was continuing past the end of Sept. (I thought October and November use to be value season?) Is it likely we will get any package specials in Oct. or are they changing to offering them in the summer now? (When did this happen - with the economy?)

We could easily include a weekend if some things are only showing then, so:

Will the Electrical Parade be showing at all in Oct?

Is Aladdin still showing and will it be on during Oct?

Will the Malificent dragon in Fantasmic! be running in Oct?

Are there fireworks in Oct?

Any list of all the Oct. refurbishments?

Are any of the attractions at DCA closed for the big refurb they are doing?

Is Space Mt. closed at Disneyland or WDW?

Will the remodeling (villas) at the Grand CA be done? We hope to stay at the hotel (regular room) for the first time and it would be nice if there wasn't construction and walls up, etc.

We don't care one way or the other about the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at the HM but we don't want to go when the parks are heavily themed for any holiday. Nor when there will be a lot of people drawn to the parks during those time frames.

Basically we are trying for low crowds, kids back in school, weather in lower 80's but with most attractions/shows running (at least on the weekends) so we don't miss out on too much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rhonna
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #2
Canyon girl
Disney Homeschool Mom

Well, if you don't want heavily themed, don't go in Oct. The Halloween decorations seem to get heavier every year. The crowds in Oct are getting bigger. I would vote for early Nov.

Give me a Dole Whip and a Churro, and I'm a happy camper!

My Little Corner of the Internet

DLR - NYE 1990/1991, WDW - 1991/1992, WDW - 1996, DLR DLH CL - Sept. 2007, DLR GCH - Oct. 2008, DLR DLH - Feb. 2009, WDW CR Tower - Nov/Dec 2009, DLR HOJOs/GCH - Nov. 2010 for 15th Anniversary!!! DLR PPH - Feb 2011 Mom & Kids Trip May 2011 - Star Tours Preview Event DLR PPH - Sept. 2011
Canyon girl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
VallCopen
VGC Lover

End of Sept. through Nov. 2nd is big on the Halloween theme and they have the TOT parties most of the month which increases the crowd levels, and November starts the Christmas decorations with mid-end of November being busy because of Thanksgiving. If your choices are only Oct and Nov then I would do early Oct. but if you want the least busy time and no decor then I would go mid September after all the kids are back in school and the decorations for Halloween have not gone up, also the temperature is very nice at this time, usually around 80.

Aladdin should have showings in Oct. but they will be limited to certain days so check you schedule.

The fireworks will be on the weekends only (I believe) but I also heard they might be doing a halloween firework show in October.

Small World I think closes around the 3rd week in October for the Christmas set and I think the Haunted Mansion shuts down in late Sept for the Halloween layover??

The only rides I think will be down for sure are Story book and Caseys Train but I don't know exact dates(I think mid Oct - mid Nov. but I am not sure.

The Villas will be done around mid September, since that is the opening date.

I heard that Space Mountain might be doing a Halloween overlay, which I think would be so cool, but I don't know when it would shut down or for how long....???

I think only the Orange Stringer (swings) are closed at DCA.

Last edited by VallCopen; 07-20-2009 at 12:55 AM.
VallCopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #4
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the responses.

The earliest we could possibly manage (and that would be difficult for us) is Sept. 22 but I just checked the special summer offer on the Disney website and it's very limited availability. The Grand CA (which we hoped for) apparently only has concierge for that time frame and the cost is TWICE the amount for the dates I entered in for mid-October. The Disneyland Hotel isn't even available. It seems like the summer offer has sold out well for them.

Anyone have knowledge of special offers AFTER this summer offer is done?

Actually, we could do early November after Halloween and before Thanksgiving. Does that time frame shut down attractions and shows? What's it like around first or second week of Nov? Better than early Oct?

Anyone know exactly the dates when the heavy theming for Halloween (the whole park) starts getting set up?

What are the special parties for ToT? How often do they run them? I don't know anything about this. Do they shut down the parks and charge extra like the Halloween parties at WDW?

Thanks again for anyone's input!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
bluegrizzlies1
The crab was there and then it was gone
We did it once and loved it

If you go between 9-27-09 and 10-11-09 I would get these tickets.

http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/
2012 March
2011 Feb, July
2010 March, June
2009 Oct, May
2008 Oct, May, March
2007 Dec, Aug
bluegrizzlies1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

I thought gay days were the first weekend in Oct. has that expanded to the dates you mentioned?

Thanks
Old 07-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #7
bluegrizzlies1

gay days are the first weekend but the tickets are good for that period of time 9-27-09 to 10-11-09
2012 March
2011 Feb, July
2010 March, June
2009 Oct, May
2008 Oct, May, March
2007 Dec, Aug
Old 07-23-2009, 03:04 AM   #8
VallCopen
VGC Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonna View Post
Thanks for the responses.

The earliest we could possibly manage (and that would be difficult for us) is Sept. 22 but I just checked the special summer offer on the Disney website and it's very limited availability. The Grand CA (which we hoped for) apparently only has concierge for that time frame and the cost is TWICE the amount for the dates I entered in for mid-October. The Disneyland Hotel isn't even available. It seems like the summer offer has sold out well for them.

Anyone have knowledge of special offers AFTER this summer offer is done?

Actually, we could do early November after Halloween and before Thanksgiving. Does that time frame shut down attractions and shows? What's it like around first or second week of Nov? Better than early Oct?

Anyone know exactly the dates when the heavy theming for Halloween (the whole park) starts getting set up?

What are the special parties for ToT? How often do they run them? I don't know anything about this. Do they shut down the parks and charge extra like the Halloween parties at WDW?

Thanks again for anyone's input!
The ToT parties run several days in October, I think about 1/2 of the days or so. You could check out the Disneyland website for that information. They do shut down the park, I think at 6:00 or so and it is only at the DCA not Disneyland. The extra charge is about 40 or so in addition to a regular ticket I believe. I have heard that early November is good but we have not gone then but we have gone early October and is was great. I know that Small World will be closed until mid November starting late October as will Caseys Train and Story book but other than that so far so good but sometimes they don't put it up until the last minute. When we went in April we looked at the end of March before booking to make sure Pirates would be open (daughters fav) and it was showing it would be then when we looked the week before we left Pirates was going to be down the whole week we were there. Big BUMMER.... Have fun whatever you choose.
VallCopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:11 AM   #9
keptwoman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrizzlies1 View Post
If you go between 9-27-09 and 10-11-09 I would get these tickets.

http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/
It says that you have to be attending the convention?
The prices are good though! Although from what I see there doesn't seem to be a magic morning included which is something to keep in mind.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #10
teatime
Sir, can I have some more dole whip please ???

I have gone in October and its a great time, but around holloween can be very busy. November is also a great time, but the slowest time is the first few weeks in December. I have also seen some terrific deals then, and thats why I have always tried to go in the fall. this year my oldest is in high school so no luck. there is always great deals to be had during different times. wait, you will see more wonderful deals coming soon.

teatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:36 AM   #11
MsTeresa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
wait, you will see more wonderful deals coming soon.
I've read that chances are, Disney will raise their ticket prices early August (Since they do it every year). That's what made me think that we should buy our tickets soon. Does anyone have insights on that?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VallCopen View Post
The ToT parties run several days in October, I think about 1/2 of the days or so. You could check out the Disneyland website for that information. They do shut down the park, I think at 6:00 or so and it is only at the DCA not Disneyland. The extra charge is about 40 or so in addition to a regular ticket I believe. I have heard that early November is good but we have not gone then but we have gone early October and is was great. I know that Small World will be closed until mid November starting late October as will Caseys Train and Story book but other than that so far so good but sometimes they don't put it up until the last minute. When we went in April we looked at the end of March before booking to make sure Pirates would be open (daughters fav) and it was showing it would be then when we looked the week before we left Pirates was going to be down the whole week we were there. Big BUMMER.... Have fun whatever you choose.
Thank you. I hadn't heard anything about these parties. They must be Halloween themed like the other park. Anyhow, we are strongly leaning toward the beginning of Nov. if things work out. And if there are any specials.

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
bluegrizzlies1

The only special will be you separating with your money they find ways to get every last drop.
2012 March
2011 Feb, July
2010 March, June
2009 Oct, May
2008 Oct, May, March
2007 Dec, Aug
Old 07-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #14
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTeresa View Post
I've read that chances are, Disney will raise their ticket prices early August (Since they do it every year). That's what made me think that we should buy our tickets soon. Does anyone have insights on that?
WDW is raising prices Aug. 2nd I believe. Historically, DLR follows suit shortly after that. If at all possible, I'd buy tickets before then if you'll be in DLR between now and Jan. 4, 2010.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: