Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #61
jana616
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,163

Hi, I'm joining in too! I have 2 boys (ages 2 and 4), and we leave in 12 days for our first family trip! I am getting so excited, but also starting to freak out a bit! I love your shopping taste, by the way. I think his pirate costume will be super cute, I lov the Mickey t-shirt you got him to go with the ears, and the penguin suitcase is adorable!
__________________
2009 trip report-"Stop drinking out of that puddle"-our first family trip with 2 and 4 year olds!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2285467


2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #62
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
Hi, I'm joining in too! I have 2 boys (ages 2 and 4), and we leave in 12 days for our first family trip! I am getting so excited, but also starting to freak out a bit! I love your shopping taste, by the way. I think his pirate costume will be super cute, I lov the Mickey t-shirt you got him to go with the ears, and the penguin suitcase is adorable!
Welcome!!! Thank you so much for the compliment. I think I enjoy shopping a little too much. 12 days is so soon - you must be so excited! Your boys are going to love it.

Here is a sneak peek picture from our 03/2008 trip. This is DS in the car on our way to Disney.

__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #63
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
 
CandleontheWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,217

[/QUOTE]

Ok, so I am in a total conundrum with what to wear to MNSSHP. I ordered that Paul Frank pirate t-shirt, but the XL was sold out and I ordered the Large - eek! It is WAY too small. So then I ordered a sleeveless black t-shirt from Land's End in a large and it is way too big! The difference between the two larges is crazy actually.

So now I have nothing "piratey" to wear. I may just have to wear a non-pirate look. If anyone sees something cute please post it here.

I work at a college and classes started here on Monday and it is crazy busy! We hit record numbers for our enrollment. At least the time should fly until our trip - less than 3 weeks now. [/QUOTE]

You could always just get an eye patch and buy one of those "Pirate Princess" themed mouse ears and wear that for the party. I think then you would be piratey (is that even a word?) enough, without having to worry about a shirt!
CandleontheWater is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #64
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran
 
princess&her4princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 4,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
OK, so I am officially HORRIBLE at dieting, but I am still 35 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight and I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit.

I really, really want to lose weight for the trip so I am starting a diet with my mom tomorrow and I am planning on doing it for 3 weeks. Wish me luck! I would love to lose at least 10 pounds.
I'm trying to lose 10 lbs. in 3 weeks too! Do you mind me asking what kind of diet you're doing? I started Sunday, I"m doing great, not losing really yet but hope too....I'm trying South Beach. I'm sending you luck....I need it too!!!
princess&her4princes is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #65
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer
 
Gabrielsbigtrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post


Ok, so I am in a total conundrum with what to wear to MNSSHP. I ordered that Paul Frank pirate t-shirt, but the XL was sold out and I ordered the Large - eek! It is WAY too small. So then I ordered a sleeveless black t-shirt from Land's End in a large and it is way too big! The difference between the two larges is crazy actually.

So now I have nothing "piratey" to wear. I may just have to wear a non-pirate look. If anyone sees something cute please post it here.
Bummer about the shirt. Check out Pirate Merch (.com). They have some cute women's shirts.

I like this one myself!




Good luck!
__________________


May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

My Very 1st Pre Trip Report

Curse YOU indoor plumbing!! ~ Sept 2009 Trip Report ~
Gabrielsbigtrip is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #66
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
I'm trying to lose 10 lbs. in 3 weeks too! Do you mind me asking what kind of diet you're doing? I started Sunday, I"m doing great, not losing really yet but hope too....I'm trying South Beach. I'm sending you luck....I need it too!!!
Basically what I'm doing is having 2 salads a day - for lunch and dinner - and then I add protein to the salad - usually grilled chicken or steak. For the breakfasts I alternate between a boiled egg with a Wasa cracker or oatmeal or healthy cereal with skim milk. For snacks I have been having fresh fruit. I just started so we'll see how it goes, but my mom had a ton of success doing this.
__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #67
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran
 
princess&her4princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 4,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
Bummer about the shirt. Check out Pirate Merch (.com). They have some cute women's shirts.

I like this one myself!




Good luck!
Love this!!!
princess&her4princes is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #68
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
You could always just get an eye patch and buy one of those "Pirate Princess" themed mouse ears and wear that for the party. I think then you would be piratey (is that even a word?) enough, without having to worry about a shirt!
That's a great idea - those pirate mouse ears are so cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
Bummer about the shirt. Check out Pirate Merch (.com). They have some cute women's shirts.

I like this one myself!




Good luck!
Cute! I'm going to check out that site. Thanks!
__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #69
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran
 
reyasmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
Welcome!!! I'm so happy you decided to stop by. That's exciting that you're going to be there at the same time. Can you believe how close we're getting?

We took a 2nd Disney trip as a family in March 2008 so I will try a post some pictures from that trip in the next few days. That trip was somewhat unplanned. To have DS we went through infertility treatments and very close monitoring of my pregnancy. Right around DS's first birthday we learned that I was pregnant again. This pregnancy was a total surprise but we were very happy. Long story short I lost the baby at around 13 weeks pregnant. I was devastated and I couldn't seem to snap out of it. My DH is so wonderful - he approached me one day and said he just wanted me to be happy and he knew a trip to Disney would make me happy. He was right - it was so wonderful and planning in and then going actually did cheer me up and helped me heal from the loss. We only went for 3 days and 2 nights, but it was still a wonderful trip.

That is just an example of how wonderful my DH is. I am so blessed to have him in my life.
AAAWWEEEE!!! That's so sweet!

Well, you have one ADORABLE son.... Looking at his pictures make me really excited to have a BOY!! I've been a little scared out of my mind thinking about raising a boy. But it can't be too different then raising a girl, right?!?!
__________________
reyasmommy is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #70
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
AAAWWEEEE!!! That's so sweet!

Well, you have one ADORABLE son.... Looking at his pictures make me really excited to have a BOY!! I've been a little scared out of my mind thinking about raising a boy. But it can't be too different then raising a girl, right?!?!
Well I don't know anything about raising a girl, but little boys are pretty easy. My little guy is a sweetheart.
__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #71
DisneyMomLiz
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyMomLiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 222 mi. from World Drive
Posts: 261

Hi Gabes_mommy, just followed you over from jmkford4 PTR. We're actually leaving the same day you are 9/15

Just read through your PTR and wanted to comment on a few things...

1) your DS is adorable, my DS just turned 3 this month , I have a tall boy too...he's already 43"

2) love the pirate costume. we're going to skip MNSSHP this year b/c we have to buy DS his own annual pass this year, but maybe next year?!

3) We also live in S. FL and are bout 3.5 hours away, so we often do small trips too. Usually long weekends. This will be our longest stay 6 days/5 nights and I am really looking forward to it.

4) Good luck with your dieting. I'm also trying to lose baby weight (yes, after 3 years ) and extra weight I shouldn't have been carrying before baby . I've been doing Atkins for about 10 months now and have been losing steadily until recently when i've been plateauing (sp?) but I'm sticking too it.

5) about the rides...my DS loved the Barnstormer last time in May 09, so he was 2.75. we also did spaceship earth that trip and he enjoyed it too. we're going to try maelstrom this trip, we only skipped it on past trips b/c of wait times?!

looking forward to more updates
__________________
DH , Me , DS (4)

Last edited by DisneyMomLiz; 08-27-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: ETA: #5
DisneyMomLiz is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #72
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomLiz View Post
Hi Gabes_mommy, just followed you over from jmkford4 PTR. We're actually leaving the same day you are 9/15

Just read through your PTR and wanted to comment on a few things...

1) your DS is adorable, my DS just turned 3 this month , I have a tall boy too...he's already 43"

2) love the pirate costume. we're going to skip MNSSHP this year b/c we have to buy DS his own annual pass this year, but maybe next year?!

3) We also live in S. FL and are bout 3.5 hours away, so we often do small trips too. Usually long weekends. This will be our longest stay 6 days/5 nights and I am really looking forward to it.

4) Good luck with your dieting. I'm also trying to lose baby weight (yes, after 3 years ) and extra weight I shouldn't have been carrying before baby . I've been doing Atkins for about 10 months now and have been losing steadily until recently when i've been plateauing (sp?) but I'm sticking too it.

5) about the rides...my DS loved the Barnstormer last time in May 09, so he was 2.75. we also did spaceship earth that trip and he enjoyed it too. we're going to try maelstrom this trip, we only skipped it on past trips b/c of wait times?!

looking forward to more updates
Welcome!!! Thanks for joining in!

Congrats on your weight loss!! It is hard work. Thanks for the input about the rides. I think we are going to go ahead and try all of them. That is so exciting that you are going for 6 days this time. I love being so close to WDW but the down side is usually taking shorter trips. Hopefully someday I'll get to go for a whole week.

43 inches is really tall! I am thinking my DS is about to sprout up again because he gained 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks.
__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #73
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran
 
reyasmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
Welcome!!! Thanks for joining in!

Congrats on your weight loss!! It is hard work. Thanks for the input about the rides. I think we are going to go ahead and try all of them. That is so exciting that you are going for 6 days this time. I love being so close to WDW but the down side is usually taking shorter trips. Hopefully someday I'll get to go for a whole week.

43 inches is really tall! I am thinking my DS is about to sprout up again because he gained 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks.
Wow! That is tall.... Everybody keeps telling me that my little girl looks tall for her age. ((she's 3 years 5mos)) and I'm like "WHAT"?!?! I think she's tiny. We measured her the other day and she's 38 inches.

I'm debating whether we should take her on the barnstormer.. We took her on a kid roller coaster at this place in california and she almost had a heart attack.. I've never seen her freak out over something like that before.. But I'm thinking once she sees her cousins having fun on certain rides she's going to want to do whatever they do.

I'm so jealous you're leaving on your trip so soon! You're going to love the CBR! That's where we spent most of our honeymoon!! I have a funny story about our wedding night. Maybe I'll tell you someday! Don't worry it's totally a PG story!
__________________
reyasmommy is offline  
Old 08-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #74
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post

I'm so jealous you're leaving on your trip so soon! You're going to love the CBR! That's where we spent most of our honeymoon!! I have a funny story about our wedding night. Maybe I'll tell you someday! Don't worry it's totally a PG story!
You tease!! I want to hear your story now! I can't wait to stay at CBR for the first time - I am really excited about it.
__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #75
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic
 
Gabes_mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,421

I am so glad it is Saturday! I work at a college and this was the first week of classes and it was crazy! I am worn out.

I can't believe our trip is only 2 weeks away now. I am so excited!!!

I got an email from Disney Shopping this morning with a special on the PJs so I went to buy Gabe some new ones for the winter and found these for me too:




I wasn't sure what size I would need so I orded one in L and one in XL - I am hoping at least one will fit for the trip.
__________________
Gabes_mommy is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road trip help please. jessesgirl Creative DISigns 227 09-09-2014 07:06 PM
The Canadians' Road Trip Honeymoon to DLR/California - Last update :( 8/16 blabbermouth Disneyland Trip Reports 141 02-06-2010 04:28 PM
My very first PTR - Can you hear the music? ~ We're off tomorrow & it's MAYHEM here! lisalonglash Completed Trip Reports 620 01-30-2010 10:05 PM
PTR: Our First Family Trip to Meet the MOUSE!! *Finished Mini TR 8/26* Mommy2LittleVols Completed Trip Reports 154 10-10-2009 06:43 PM
You're the best parents in the world! I gotta pee! Where's My Tooth? Trip report! mickeystoontown Completed Trip Reports 1737 09-02-2009 05:20 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.