Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #46
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

I got more Mickey Mail today in the form of the new stroller bag I got for our trip. I had it embroidered with our last name so I can leave it on our stroller and no one will take it. It fits perfectly on the back of our new Maclaren stroller and doesn't cause it to tip. I am going to use it to store a change of clothes, snacks and pull-ups (we are potty training).

Old 08-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #47
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

great idea. I love it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #48
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
great idea. I love it.
Thanks! During our last trip I had to detach the diaper bag everytime we parked the stroller and lug it around so I'm glad I don't have to do that this time.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #49
Gabes_mommy

OK, so I am officially HORRIBLE at dieting, but I am still 35 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight and I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit.

I really, really want to lose weight for the trip so I am starting a diet with my mom tomorrow and I am planning on doing it for 3 weeks. Wish me luck! I would love to lose at least 10 pounds.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #50
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

wow I almost thought I was reading my own comment. I too am still 35 lbs over my pre-pregnancies wt. Thats after loosing 20 lbs already. I have hit suck a road block with dieting this summer. I too and starting to do strick weight watchers tomorrow. Then on labor day I am starting this two week turn around program I got from prevention magazine. I did it a month ago and lost 6lbs in a week. I know thats not healthy but I felt great and was looking good. Of course as always it didnt last and a gained back 3 of the 6 lbs. I dont know what to say about that. Anyway keep me posted on your diet. Good luck and just think in a few weeks you can feel better splurging on all the good disney food. That can be your reward. Oh thats right weight watchers says you shouldnt reward yourself with food. I guess thats why I am this predicament.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #51
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Love the new diaper bag!! I'm not looking forward to carrying one again. I promised my husband this time I would get one that he could carry too, so it can't be too girlie.

Good luck on loosing the weight! I plan on dieting soon after the baby is born so I'm not extremely uncomfortable on the trip. I'm only going to be able to breastfeed for a couple of weeks because I NEED to get back on some anti-seizure medication once he arrives. So I figure dieting will start January 1st.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #52
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
wow I almost thought I was reading my own comment. I too am still 35 lbs over my pre-pregnancies wt. Thats after loosing 20 lbs already. I have hit suck a road block with dieting this summer. I too and starting to do strick weight watchers tomorrow. Then on labor day I am starting this two week turn around program I got from prevention magazine. I did it a month ago and lost 6lbs in a week. I know thats not healthy but I felt great and was looking good. Of course as always it didnt last and a gained back 3 of the 6 lbs. I dont know what to say about that. Anyway keep me posted on your diet. Good luck and just think in a few weeks you can feel better splurging on all the good disney food. That can be your reward. Oh thats right weight watchers says you shouldnt reward yourself with food. I guess thats why I am this predicament.
The diet I am starting is called The Trim Club. My mom dis it in the spring and lost 20 pounds in a few months and she didn't have much to lose. I am excited to give it a try. I did Weight Watchers earlier this summer and I did lose 5 pounds, but that diet gives me too much freedom. I really just need to permanently change the way I eat and the way I look at work, but that's easier said than done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Love the new diaper bag!! I'm not looking forward to carrying one again. I promised my husband this time I would get one that he could carry too, so it can't be too girlie.

Good luck on loosing the weight! I plan on dieting soon after the baby is born so I'm not extremely uncomfortable on the trip. I'm only going to be able to breastfeed for a couple of weeks because I NEED to get back on some anti-seizure medication once he arrives. So I figure dieting will start January 1st.
One of the best parts of being pregnant is not dieting so I say enjoy your pregnancy girl!

DS and I are watching the Vacation Planning DVD yet again tonight....
Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #53
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
The diet I am starting is called The Trim Club. My mom dis it in the spring and lost 20 pounds in a few months and she didn't have much to lose. I am excited to give it a try. I did Weight Watchers earlier this summer and I did lose 5 pounds, but that diet gives me too much freedom. I really just need to permanently change the way I eat and the way I look at work, but that's easier said than done.

One of the best parts of being pregnant is not dieting so I say enjoy your pregnancy girl!

DS and I are watching the Vacation Planning DVD yet again tonight....
Ohhhhhh I am!! I hate, hate, hate getting on that scale at the OB's office every month though. Although I'm proud I only gained one pound at my last appointment!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #54
jmkford4
Mouseketeer

Glad you got your hats! It is super cute.

I am still undecided on costumes for my littlest ones. I am thinking we will all just wear Halloween shirts, and DD will be tinkerbell.

Planning our first LARGE FAMILY trip for 2014

Old 08-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #55
Lamping3
Mouseketeer

Love the new bag! I am looking for something new. I want to order a Pottery Barn backpack and put Amelia's name on it but Dave isn't into carrying around a girly print backpack

I hear ya about the extra "baby weight". I am about 5 pounds heavier than when I got pregnant......but I had gained about 10 before I got pregnant because I was sick of working out and dieting for our wedding! My goal is pretty small.....just 10 pounds before our trip in December. I did south beach and it worked before but going without carbs makes me crazy! Good luck!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:37 PM   #56
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

What a cute bag! Love the embroidery! What a great idea!

Good luck with the dieting!!! I think I'll be waiting until after my WDW trip to start the diet!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #57
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I LOVE the diaper bag- did you getting from Disneyshopping.com? I think I might see another baby purchase in my future! I mean, I NEED a special Disney-themed diaper bag for Disney trips, right

Reyasmommy- I hear you about getting on the scale at the OB appointments! I have one tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it! I've already gained 20 lbs, and I have 12 weeks left! It is not going to be fun when I'm working to loose it all afterward!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #58
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Ohhhhhh I am!! I hate, hate, hate getting on that scale at the OB's office every month though. Although I'm proud I only gained one pound at my last appointment!
I know!! Getting weighed at the Dr is the worst! For some reason I gained like 20 pounds in my first tri-mester with DS and then hardly any at all until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkford4 View Post
Glad you got your hats! It is super cute.

I am still undecided on costumes for my littlest ones. I am thinking we will all just wear Halloween shirts, and DD will be tinkerbell.
Tinkerbell is such a cute idea! My niece, who is now 16, was Tinkerbell when she was about 3 - she was too cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamping3 View Post
Love the new bag! I am looking for something new. I want to order a Pottery Barn backpack and put Amelia's name on it but Dave isn't into carrying around a girly print backpack

I hear ya about the extra "baby weight". I am about 5 pounds heavier than when I got pregnant......but I had gained about 10 before I got pregnant because I was sick of working out and dieting for our wedding! My goal is pretty small.....just 10 pounds before our trip in December. I did south beach and it worked before but going without carbs makes me crazy! Good luck!
I swear carbs are "happy" foods. When I go without them I get so cranky!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickiwoo View Post
What a cute bag! Love the embroidery! What a great idea!

Good luck with the dieting!!! I think I'll be waiting until after my WDW trip to start the diet!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I LOVE the diaper bag- did you getting from Disneyshopping.com? I think I might see another baby purchase in my future! I mean, I NEED a special Disney-themed diaper bag for Disney trips, right

Reyasmommy- I hear you about getting on the scale at the OB appointments! I have one tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it! I've already gained 20 lbs, and I have 12 weeks left! It is not going to be fun when I'm working to loose it all afterward!
Yes, I got it at Disney Shopping. It was relatively inexpensive too - only about $25 total with the embroidery.

Ok, so I am in a total conundrum with what to wear to MNSSHP. I ordered that Paul Frank pirate t-shirt, but the XL was sold out and I ordered the Large - eek! It is WAY too small. So then I ordered a sleeveless black t-shirt from Land's End in a large and it is way too big! The difference between the two larges is crazy actually.

So now I have nothing "piratey" to wear. I may just have to wear a non-pirate look. If anyone sees something cute please post it here.

I work at a college and classes started here on Monday and it is crazy busy! We hit record numbers for our enrollment. At least the time should fly until our trip - less than 3 weeks now.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:01 AM   #59
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi! I hope you don't mind me joining along.....I'll be there the same time you will be....hope you have a great time!!! Your son is adorable!!! Love all the things you've bought...you're on countdown now!!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:16 AM   #60
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi! I hope you don't mind me joining along.....I'll be there the same time you will be....hope you have a great time!!! Your son is adorable!!! Love all the things you've bought...you're on countdown now!!!!
Welcome!!! I'm so happy you decided to stop by. That's exciting that you're going to be there at the same time. Can you believe how close we're getting?

We took a 2nd Disney trip as a family in March 2008 so I will try a post some pictures from that trip in the next few days. That trip was somewhat unplanned. To have DS we went through infertility treatments and very close monitoring of my pregnancy. Right around DS's first birthday we learned that I was pregnant again. This pregnancy was a total surprise but we were very happy. Long story short I lost the baby at around 13 weeks pregnant. I was devastated and I couldn't seem to snap out of it. My DH is so wonderful - he approached me one day and said he just wanted me to be happy and he knew a trip to Disney would make me happy. He was right - it was so wonderful and planning in and then going actually did cheer me up and helped me heal from the loss. We only went for 3 days and 2 nights, but it was still a wonderful trip.

That is just an example of how wonderful my DH is. I am so blessed to have him in my life.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: