Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #31
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

The pop up hamper I ordered from Disney arrived today and DS immediately had to play with it. He amused himself with the hamper for over 30 minutes before he had to go to bed.

Our MNSSHP tickets arrived this weekend and our trip is only a month from this Saturday!!! I am getting so excited!!
Old 08-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #32
Gabes_mommy

Sorry for so few updates this week. We moved from one building to another at work this week so I was super busy and exhausted. I hardly had any time at all for the Dis - it was a sad week.

Our trip is less than a month away now!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Today I bought DS a little suitcase - it is a penguin. He loves it!

I'm hoping to have time to post the rest of the pics from our 2007 trip in the next few days.

Thanks to my readers!!!
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #33
Gabes_mommy

OK, I left off with the pictures of our 3rd day of our last trip which we spent at Epcot. Here are a few more pictures from that night:

DH and DS:

More cruising around the room :

On the last day of our trip we went to Animal Kingdom:

Somebody was tired out:

My dad and my niece:

My mom and dad:

Last few pictures coming soon....
Old 08-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #34
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

I love the suitcase! Isnt it amazing how much children grow in one year. Cant wait to see more pics.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #35
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
I love the suitcase! Isnt it amazing how much children grow in one year. Cant wait to see more pics.

I know! I can't believe DS is almost 3 - he is such a big boy now and talking up a storm! They grow up way too fast.

The final pictures from our 10/07 trip coming soon!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #36
Gabes_mommy

Here are the last few pictures from the trip:

I love the meercats! They are my favorite.

A few final pictures...

I can't believe how few pictures I took on that trip. It makes me really sad to think about it now. Things will be very different on this trip though - I ordered three 2G memory cards for pictures so I am prepared.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #37
Lamping3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
Sorry for so few updates this week. We moved from one building to another at work this week so I was super busy and exhausted. I hardly had any time at all for the Dis - it was a sad week.

Our trip is less than a month away now!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Today I bought DS a little suitcase - it is a penguin. He loves it!

I'm hoping to have time to post the rest of the pics from our 2007 trip in the next few days.

Thanks to my readers!!!
I love the suitcase!!!!! I saw these the other day....at Walmart I think. They had a ladybug one that I want to go back and buy Amelia!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #38
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamping3 View Post
I love the suitcase!!!!! I saw these the other day....at Walmart I think. They had a ladybug one that I want to go back and buy Amelia!

Yes, Walmart - the ladybug one would be perfect for Amelia!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #39
Gabes_mommy

Wow - our trip is only a little over 3 weeks away now - time is FLYING by!

We measured DS last night to see how tall he is for rides and he was 38.5 inches.

He is tall enough to ride to the Barn Stormer and Maelstrom and Spaceship Earth but I'm not sure if we should try those? He is almost 3 and rough houses with DH all the time and has been pretty fearless so far, but I don't want to take him on anything that will scare him. Any opinions on taking him on those 3 rides? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #40
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

Barnstormer is a great starter coaster. If you get there early enough you may be able to catch Goofy himself riding in the front car!!!

I hate roller coasters but got on this one with my son and he wanted to go again so Daddy had to step in for the next couple go arounds.

We didn't do Spaceship Earth.

Maelstrom may be scary because I remember it being a little dark but I also remember it being a great place to cool off.

We'll be over on the Winnie the Pooh ride for about 3 hours and then he did say he would try Nemo this year because I told him they probably have a Dory plushie we could buy at the end of the ride

It's getting so close!!!!!

I am getting scared about the heat. If it's too bad our plan B will be all waterparks and the other parks at night

May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

My Very 1st Pre Trip Report

Curse YOU indoor plumbing!! ~ Sept 2009 Trip Report ~
Old 08-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #41
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Hello.... Just found your PTR!

You're so lucky you only live 2 1/2 hours away from Disney.... I couldn't imagine being that close and not going ALLLLL the time.

Your son is adorable! I also agree that taking babies to WDW isn't bad at all. I took my DD to Disney when she was 6 months, 18months, and 2 years and it was a fun experience each time. I'm the most excited about our upcoming trip in March though because like you said about your son..... She's fianlly going to "get it"!! She recognizes most characters and she just recently became obsessed with the princesses and Tinkerbell... It's going to be sooooo much fun. But we'll also have a 3 month old baby to take, so it's going to be a REAL adventure.

I laughed when you mentioned your sons weight at 10months old.... That's NOTHING my friend.... My girlfriends baby is 5 months old and already weighs what your son did at 10months old.... He's a cute Chunky Monkey!

Look forward to more......have fun on your trip.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #42
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Hi there! I just found your PTR and count me in as a reader! I love your pics from when Gabriel was 10 months old! We are taking our own baby pirate (name TBD) when he is 5, 7, and 11 months old next year, and your pictures are making me even more excited for our trip! We used to live in Jacksonville (just moved away in May), and used to take many smaller trips also. Now that we are living in Virginia, we won't be able to go as often, but we will be able to take longer trips.

As for your ride questions, I don't think he'd have any problem with Spaceship earth. Its a little dark, but not scary at all and definately not fast-paced. I think he would probably also do OK on Malestrom, the trolls can be a little scary for some kids, but maybe if you talk to him about it, and maybe show him what they will look like from ride videos, he will be OK. Barnstormer is the wildest of the 3, but it is geared towards kids, so if he wants to try it out, I say go for it!

I'm really sad we aren't making it down for MNSSHP and F&W this year, its the 1st time in 4 years that we've missed it. I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you!
Old 08-21-2009, 03:08 PM   #43
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
Barnstormer is a great starter coaster. If you get there early enough you may be able to catch Goofy himself riding in the front car!!!

I hate roller coasters but got on this one with my son and he wanted to go again so Daddy had to step in for the next couple go arounds.

We didn't do Spaceship Earth.

Maelstrom may be scary because I remember it being a little dark but I also remember it being a great place to cool off.

We'll be over on the Winnie the Pooh ride for about 3 hours and then he did say he would try Nemo this year because I told him they probably have a Dory plushie we could buy at the end of the ride

It's getting so close!!!!!

I am getting scared about the heat. If it's too bad our plan B will be all waterparks and the other parks at night
It will be HOT for sure, but for some reason the heat never bothers me as much as Disney - probably because I'm having so much fun. Your Plan B sounds great though - I can't wait until DS is old enough for the water parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Hello.... Just found your PTR!

You're so lucky you only live 2 1/2 hours away from Disney.... I couldn't imagine being that close and not going ALLLLL the time.

Your son is adorable! I also agree that taking babies to WDW isn't bad at all. I took my DD to Disney when she was 6 months, 18months, and 2 years and it was a fun experience each time. I'm the most excited about our upcoming trip in March though because like you said about your son..... She's fianlly going to "get it"!! She recognizes most characters and she just recently became obsessed with the princesses and Tinkerbell... It's going to be sooooo much fun. But we'll also have a 3 month old baby to take, so it's going to be a REAL adventure.

I laughed when you mentioned your sons weight at 10months old.... That's NOTHING my friend.... My girlfriends baby is 5 months old and already weighs what your son did at 10months old.... He's a cute Chunky Monkey!

Look forward to more......have fun on your trip.
Welcome!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

Living so close to WDW is amazing!!! When DS is a little older I'm sure we'll have annual passes and DS and I can go up for weekend trips all the time - I can't wait.

Your DD is going to be so excited on your next trip!!! This is just the perfect age for WDW I think. I taped a WDW special on the travel channel the other day and DS was jumping up and down screaming Disney World, Disney World - DH and I were cracking up. Do you have a PTR for your March trip?

Oh I empthasize with your friend. I thought DS would be a giant baby forever, but once he started crawling and walking he thinned way out - he actually weighed 29 pounds for over a year. He finally gained 2 pounds and is now 31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Hi there! I just found your PTR and count me in as a reader! I love your pics from when Gabriel was 10 months old! We are taking our own baby pirate (name TBD) when he is 5, 7, and 11 months old next year, and your pictures are making me even more excited for our trip! We used to live in Jacksonville (just moved away in May), and used to take many smaller trips also. Now that we are living in Virginia, we won't be able to go as often, but we will be able to take longer trips.

As for your ride questions, I don't think he'd have any problem with Spaceship earth. Its a little dark, but not scary at all and definately not fast-paced. I think he would probably also do OK on Malestrom, the trolls can be a little scary for some kids, but maybe if you talk to him about it, and maybe show him what they will look like from ride videos, he will be OK. Barnstormer is the wildest of the 3, but it is geared towards kids, so if he wants to try it out, I say go for it!

I'm really sad we aren't making it down for MNSSHP and F&W this year, its the 1st time in 4 years that we've missed it. I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you!
Welcome!!! I'm so glad you found my PTR!

We missed MNSSHP last year and I was so sad - DS was just at an age where a trip to WDW would have been way too stressful.

Showing DS a video of Maelstrom is such a great idea!! Thank you so much for suggesting it. I will do that this weekend and see how he responds.

Congrats on your upcoming baby pirate! Some people probably think I'm crazy, but I LOVED being pregnant - planning for my little guy was just so much fun. I loved buying all the little clothes, decorating his nursery, and picking out all the baby gear. I spent HOURS researching everything - strollers, monitors, you name it....

Bringing a baby to Disney really is so fun! I will look forward to all your upcoming TRs next year.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #44
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

My DD is the same way.... We were watching Jon and Kate plus 8 this morning ((btw I HATE that show)) But they were going to Disney World, so I decided to go ahead and watch it. Reya ((dd)) couldn't shut up... ""Mommy Dizzy World, Dizzy World""...... ""I wanna ride that"".... ""Look it's Snow Wipe""... ""I wanna go, I wanna go"" I loved seeing how excited she was, so this is going to be the best trip yet. She knows that we can't go until after the baby gets here, so everytime someone asks her about it, she says ""We gotta wait for the baby to come out""

Yeah, I have a PTR.... The link is at the bottom of my siggie!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #45
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
My DD is the same way.... We were watching Jon and Kate plus 8 this morning ((btw I HATE that show)) But they were going to Disney World, so I decided to go ahead and watch it. Reya ((dd)) couldn't shut up... ""Mommy Dizzy World, Dizzy World""...... ""I wanna ride that"".... ""Look it's Snow Wipe""... ""I wanna go, I wanna go"" I loved seeing how excited she was, so this is going to be the best trip yet. She knows that we can't go until after the baby gets here, so everytime someone asks her about it, she says ""We gotta wait for the baby to come out""

Yeah, I have a PTR.... The link is at the bottom of my siggie!
Oh, my DS loves the J & K kids - I'll have to tape the Disney episode for him. I'm going to go check out your PTR now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: