Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #136
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

The Saga Continues . . .

I got this update on my facebook from a group I belong to:

Summit Entertainment responds to departure of Rachelle Lefevre.

We at Summit Entertainment are disappointed by Rachelle Lefevre’s recent comments which attempt to make her career choices the fault of the Studio. Her decision to discuss her version of the scheduling challenges publicly has forced the Studio to set the record straight and correct the facts.
Ms. Lefevre's representatives were advised as early as April that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE was expected to start shooting in early August.

If Ms. Lefevre was, as she describes “passionate,” about being part of THE TWILIGHT SAGA, we feel that she and her representatives would have included us in her decision to work on another film that would conflict with the shooting schedule of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE.

It was not until July 20th that Summit was first informed of Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to BARNEY’S VERSION, a commitment we have since been advised she accepted in early June. Summit had acted in good faith that she would be available to fulfill her obligations both in terms of rehearsals and shooting availability for THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. We feel that her choice to withhold her scheduling conflict information from us can be viewed as a lack of cooperative spirit which affected the entire production.

Furthermore Ms. Lefevre took a role in the other film that places her in Europe during the required rehearsal time, and at least ten days of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE’s principal photography. This period is essential for both rehearsal time with the cast, and for filming at key locations that are only available during the initial part of production.
Contrary to Ms. Lefevre’s statement, it is simply untrue that the Studio dismissed her over a ten day overlap. It is not about a ten day overlap, but instead about the fact that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE is an ensemble production that has to accommodate the schedules of numerous actors while respecting the established creative vision of the filmmaker and most importantly the story.

The fact remains that Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to the other project - which she chose to withhold from Summit until the last possible moment - makes her unfortunately unavailable to perform the role of Victoria in THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE.

--Summit Entertainment

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Tonya2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #137
jamimb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya2426 View Post
I got this update on my facebook from a group I belong to:

Summit Entertainment responds to departure of Rachelle Lefevre.

We at Summit Entertainment are disappointed by Rachelle Lefevre’s recent comments which attempt to make her career choices the fault of the Studio. Her decision to discuss her version of the scheduling challenges publicly has forced the Studio to set the record straight and correct the facts.
Ms. Lefevre's representatives were advised as early as April that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE was expected to start shooting in early August.

If Ms. Lefevre was, as she describes “passionate,” about being part of THE TWILIGHT SAGA, we feel that she and her representatives would have included us in her decision to work on another film that would conflict with the shooting schedule of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE.

It was not until July 20th that Summit was first informed of Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to BARNEY’S VERSION, a commitment we have since been advised she accepted in early June. Summit had acted in good faith that she would be available to fulfill her obligations both in terms of rehearsals and shooting availability for THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. We feel that her choice to withhold her scheduling conflict information from us can be viewed as a lack of cooperative spirit which affected the entire production.

Furthermore Ms. Lefevre took a role in the other film that places her in Europe during the required rehearsal time, and at least ten days of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE’s principal photography. This period is essential for both rehearsal time with the cast, and for filming at key locations that are only available during the initial part of production.
Contrary to Ms. Lefevre’s statement, it is simply untrue that the Studio dismissed her over a ten day overlap. It is not about a ten day overlap, but instead about the fact that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE is an ensemble production that has to accommodate the schedules of numerous actors while respecting the established creative vision of the filmmaker and most importantly the story.

The fact remains that Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to the other project - which she chose to withhold from Summit until the last possible moment - makes her unfortunately unavailable to perform the role of Victoria in THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE.

--Summit Entertainment
If this is indeed true then I do not feel the least little bit sorry for her. She probably just assumed (something you should never do) that Summit would be okay with the scheduling conflict.
jamimb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #138
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

If their side is true, then I do not feel sorry for her at all.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #139
disneyworldluvr349
Hello, I'm a Twilightaholic
We are the one's who make a brighter day, so let's start giving
I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways

Ok, back to not feeling bad for her.

Jeesh don't withold dates woman!
All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been.
disneyworldluvr349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #140
Tonya2426
Follow me to the next stop for a tasty treat!

I don't know who to believe. I am sure the truth lies somewhere in between the two sides of the story.

I did read somewhere that Rachelle was due to get a large pay increase for Eclipse and that Dallas would be much cheaper - but that is probably just conjecture at this point.

DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 12/12/10 ~WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2010 ~ABD Backstage Magic w/DIS Unplugged - 4/13/10 ~ WDW - Pop/Dolphin - Dec 2009- DAP ~ - WDW -Oct 2009 -F&W- SSR ~ DIS Unplugged Cruise - DCL Wonder 4 day - 5/10/09 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2008- Mousefest ~ WDW- DTD Hilton - Sept 18, 2008 -MNSSHP ~ WDW- Grand Floridian - July 2008 ~ WDW- ASSports/Swan- April 2008 ~ WDW - Pop - Dec 2007- MVMCP - WDW - Oct 2007 -MNSSHP- ASMusic ~ Surprise WDW Birthday Trip - August 2007 - PPP - SSR ~ DCL Wonder - 4 day - 5/27/07 ~ WDW - SOG - March 2007 ~ WDW - Marriott World Ctr- January 2007 ~ WDW - SOG - October 2005 ~ WDW - Grandma's House - April 2005 ~ Contemporary Resort Merchandise CM - 1989 ~ Lost count of WDW visits since Grandma lived in Orlando since before the park was opened and I was there the year the MK opened - they had a chance to purchase the original WDW stock but thought it was too risky so they turned it down - darn, I could have been an heiress
Tonya2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #141
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by girli565 View Post
I totally missed this. Thanks TravelMel for the link in the last one, lol.
You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
If their side is true, then I do not feel sorry for her at all.
I don't believe Summit for one limp minute. They said she did it at "the last minute" but it was enough minutes for them to look for, audition, negotiate with and hire somebody else without discussing it with Rachelle for one hot second! They did it behind her back. Rachelle may have been dumb for assuming she could do both and that was possibly a bad mistake on her part but... I still wouldn't put it passed them for actually telling her she could and then later stating it as a reason for letting her go. It's corporate America baby. Studios.

At any rate, they knew. They could have discussed it with her but they chose to drop her. There were alterior motives on their part in some form there is no doubt.

We won't know the truth until "True Hollywood Story: Twilight" comes out on the E! network next month.

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #142
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

Lol, I agree with Travelmel's take on situation. I can't imagine that Rachelle (who I had never heard of before the Twilight movies) would pass up on the chance to be in such a huge movie with so much exposure. That being said, I don't mind Ms. Dallas being cast b/c I like her acting. I think I am one of 10 people who loved The Lady in the Water.
Offsite Spring Break '05 Offsite Spring Break '06 POR Chistmas '06 Pop/ASMU/OKW Summer '07 CBR Summer '08 Royal Pacific & AKL October 2010 Beach Club Villas November 2011 DFTW-Beach Club & Boardwalk April 2012!

My DFTW Planning Journal
donald&daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #143
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas

I don't really know who to believe. But the truth is, Summit has had a bit of a bad reputation with the fans from the beginning. From the still debated firing of Catherine to the rumors that they are trying to keep Rob and KStew apart (which I believe).

Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Caribbeanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #144
ArelysAdriana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmel View Post
I don't believe Summit for one limp minute. They said she did it at "the last minute" but it was enough minutes for them to look for, audition, negotiate with and hire somebody else without discussing it with Rachelle for one hot second! They did it behind her back. Rachelle may have been dumb for assuming she could do both and that was possibly a bad mistake on her part but... I still wouldn't put it passed them for actually telling her she could and then later stating it as a reason for letting her go. It's corporate America baby. Studios.

At any rate, they knew. They could have discussed it with her but they chose to drop her. There were alterior motives on their part in some form there is no doubt.

We won't know the truth until "True Hollywood Story: Twilight" comes out on the E! network next month.

I know nothing about an auditioning process, but I'm sure it takes more then 8/9 days to set up an audition, have said auditions, call back someone, negotiate a contract & finalize a contract. It sounds way too fishy and it seems like Summit is just trying to cover their butts and place the blame on Rachelle so they don't come off looking like the "bad guys."
ArelysAdriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #145
Shyvioletisme
So I have a doppleganger running around out there with a kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbeanprincess View Post
I don't really know who to believe. But the truth is, Summit has had a bit of a bad reputation with the fans from the beginning. From the still debated firing of Catherine to the rumors that they are trying to keep Rob and KStew apart (which I believe).
I agree about Summit...the way I see it, once they found out about Rachelle's other movie, they saw that they had "an out" or excuse to be able to get a bigger name actress for the role. Since Twilight did better than they imagined and especially if they could get Bryce Dallas Howard for a decent rate...I have no doubt they had no qualms about throwing Rachelle off to the side for the prospect of a "bigger" actress.

WDW: last trip:
Oct/Nov 2005 CBR for Honeymoon
FLICKR: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67045761@N00/
Shyvioletisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #146
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas

Time for the trip report ladies!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2244398

Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Caribbeanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #147
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

I don't really know who to believe with the Rachelle thing but I am leaning towards Summit and if what they say is true it is so her fault. She should have told them her dates of filming her other movie. I worry about Bryce being cast though because while she is a great actress I just see her as having that wildness that Victoria is supposed to have.

MissDisney121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:49 AM   #148
PrincessDeb
DIS Veteran

It's going to be a good weekend-EW's issue this weekend is all about the best vampires of all time and Edward is on the cover!!! He's smaller than Bill from True Blood which I don't like (come on, Eric is much better than Bill )but I am looking forward to this issue!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:10 PM   #149
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDeb View Post
It's going to be a good weekend-EW's issue this weekend is all about the best vampires of all time and Edward is on the cover!!! He's smaller than Bill from True Blood which I don't like (come on, Eric is much better than Bill )but I am looking forward to this issue!!!
Got my issue today in the mail . only thing making me happy today ...

coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #150
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

So I guess there really is no "Robsten"...

http://www.pronetworks.org/index.php...arano_for_rob/
Quote:
Kristen Stewart publicly confirms she has NOT left Michael Angarano for Rob Pattinson
Posted August 01, 2009 by Larry Richman

That may be one of the most awkward headlines I've ever posted but, as someone who generally abhors gossip and does not confirm, deny, nor even discuss rumors, I am actually somewhat thrilled to pass on this "official" statement from Ms. Kristen Stewart.

The Twilight uberstar has FINALLY confirmed publicly (thank you Kristen!) what many of us in the industry have privately known for a long long time...she has NOT left longtime boyfriend Michael Angarano for her co-star Rob Pattinson.

Britain's Top of the Pops magazine asked Stewart if the rumors of her alleged romance with Pattinson were true. “No. Rob and I are good friends," she said. "We went through a lot together, so we feel very close. I’ve acquired a good buddy and that’s a big deal, but I haven’t left my boyfriend for Robert Pattinson!”

If I had a dollar for every time I've rolled my eyes at the suggestion that "Robsten" existed anywhere but in a parallel universe where Twilight fangirls determine the fate of mankind I could hire my own PR people to plant whatever stories will generate the most publicity. Not that Summit would ever do such a thing. Just sayin'...
Ok, so who thinks this is crap? lol. Is this a reputabla source?

Last edited by girli565; 08-01-2009 at 10:04 AM.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: