Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
lilismomma
Mouseketeer
 
lilismomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Hot Desert Of Ridgecrest Ca
Posts: 79

Need Help only 2 weeks 5 days left

Im so excited this will be my Third Trip as a mommy and i wanna Find fun thing to do. We will Be celbrating My Boyfriend birthday wich will be 2 weeks away when were there and Daughter 5 birthday which is 2 weeks after his she celebrated her 4rth there on her actually birthday last year will also be celebrating her staring kindergarden this fall. I would Love Some tip on what we should do. Will be spending 3 days (August 10 through the 13) and will be staying at the tropicana inn on harbor blvd to save some extra money Rather then on site and paying tripple.

Also:
Are the character Breakfest Worth it do you see lots of character is the food appetising?

I would like to start collecting a special suvinor from each trip which would be a good idea to start? Hows The Pin Trading?

I wanna Do soem thing special for my daughter past couple of trips i bought her a character dress. How bout the place that makes them all up from head to toe?

I would like to get a nice family pic done do they still do silowets if that how you spell it sorry if you dont get it?

Were also Taking a 3 Day trip to San Deigo to go to sea world the zoo and then beach and then finishing the trip off with some back to school shopping at Fashion Valley mall in San Deigo. Im super excited less then 3 weeks left..
__________________
Mommy 23 Daddy 25 Lili5





Family Trip with dad April 2002
Family Trip With Mom January 2003
Liliana Birthday September 19 2008
My Birthday March 7 2009
Summer Vacation August 14 2009
Upcoming June 27 2010
Just for Fun
lilismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor
 
3Minnies1Mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Modesto, Nor. CA
Posts: 8,331

Character breakfasts are definitely worth it. For character interaction most will recommend Minnie & Friends in the park or Goofy's Kitchen in DLH. Minnies have omelets, waffles, and other breakfast goodies. Goofy's is more brunch so they have breakfast and lunch items, including PB&J pizza.

Our last trip we got all the kids lanyards and they get to pick out a special pin each trip. I haven't done pin trading yet.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique does the princess makeovers in Fantasyland (in the old "Once Upon a Time" shop). Prices of the different packages and the phone # to make reservations are on Disneyland's website (under shopping)

They still have the Silhouette place on Main Street for up to 4 people per picture. I'm getting one of the 4 kids on our next trip.
__________________
Shannon

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #3
disneyobsessed808
Mouseketeer
 
disneyobsessed808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 483

I love the character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. Great food and a lot of different characters.

For a souvenir, I've been trying to get a mickey ear hat for each separate trip.
__________________

Anderson
Headed to Tokyo and Tokyo Disney Resort November 10-24, 2012. Check out my Tokyo Trip Report
Tokyo Disney Resort May 2009, Nov 2012
Disneyland Resort May 2000 (Disneyland Hotel), Jan 2001, Mar 2004, Oct 2005, Nov 2006, Annual Passholder with Monthly trips, 2007 to 2012
Walt Disney World 1987 (I was 2) Mar 1997, Jul 2002 (All Star Movies), May 2007 (Pop Century) and hopefully Sept 2013
disneyobsessed808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
teatime
Sir, can I have some more dole whip please ???
 
teatime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilismomma View Post
Im so excited this will be my Third Trip as a mommy and i wanna Find fun thing to do. We will Be celbrating My Boyfriend birthday wich will be 2 weeks away when were there and Daughter 5 birthday which is 2 weeks after his she celebrated her 4rth there on her actually birthday last year will also be celebrating her staring kindergarden this fall. I would Love Some tip on what we should do. Will be spending 3 days (August 10 through the 13) and will be staying at the tropicana inn on harbor blvd to save some extra money Rather then on site and paying tripple.

Also:
Are the character Breakfest Worth it do you see lots of character is the food appetising?

I would like to start collecting a special suvinor from each trip which would be a good idea to start? Hows The Pin Trading?

I wanna Do soem thing special for my daughter past couple of trips i bought her a character dress. How bout the place that makes them all up from head to toe?

I would like to get a nice family pic done do they still do silowets if that how you spell it sorry if you dont get it?

Were also Taking a 3 Day trip to San Deigo to go to sea world the zoo and then beach and then finishing the trip off with some back to school shopping at Fashion Valley mall in San Deigo. Im super excited less then 3 weeks left..
ok, your in disneyland, what more fun could you have
There is more then enough fun for many many days there, and with you going to sea world, the zoo and the beach, not sdure what you mean by help you with fun ? OMG please adopt me
__________________
just a teaspoon of dole whip helps the medicine go down , the medicine go down ))))) the medicine got down . ( come on sing it with me marry poppins !!!)

teatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
lilismomma
Mouseketeer
 
lilismomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Hot Desert Of Ridgecrest Ca
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyobsessed808 View Post
I love the character breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. Great food and a lot of different characters.

For a souvenir, I've been trying to get a mickey ear hat for each separate trip.
I have 2 mickey ears already i think thats a cute idea get one eat visit thank you for that tip
__________________
Mommy 23 Daddy 25 Lili5





Family Trip with dad April 2002
Family Trip With Mom January 2003
Liliana Birthday September 19 2008
My Birthday March 7 2009
Summer Vacation August 14 2009
Upcoming June 27 2010
Just for Fun
lilismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
lilismomma
Mouseketeer
 
lilismomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Hot Desert Of Ridgecrest Ca
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
Character breakfasts are definitely worth it. For character interaction most will recommend Minnie & Friends in the park or Goofy's Kitchen in DLH. Minnies have omelets, waffles, and other breakfast goodies. Goofy's is more brunch so they have breakfast and lunch items, including PB&J pizza.

Our last trip we got all the kids lanyards and they get to pick out a special pin each trip. I haven't done pin trading yet.

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique does the princess makeovers in Fantasyland (in the old "Once Upon a Time" shop). Prices of the different packages and the phone # to make reservations are on Disneyland's website (under shopping)

They still have the Silhouette place on Main Street for up to 4 people per picture. I'm getting one of the 4 kids on our next trip.
You read my mind i just look in to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for my daughter i just need to talk with her daddy and work the price into the budget for the full head to toe make over..

Im for sure doing the Silhouette
__________________
Mommy 23 Daddy 25 Lili5





Family Trip with dad April 2002
Family Trip With Mom January 2003
Liliana Birthday September 19 2008
My Birthday March 7 2009
Summer Vacation August 14 2009
Upcoming June 27 2010
Just for Fun
lilismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
lilismomma
Mouseketeer
 
lilismomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Hot Desert Of Ridgecrest Ca
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
ok, your in disneyland, what more fun could you have
There is more then enough fun for many many days there, and with you going to sea world, the zoo and the beach, not sdure what you mean by help you with fun ? OMG please adopt me
I love giving my daughter everything that i didnt have growing up and i didnt have lots so i always do special things for my daughter me and my boy friend both had no father in are life so we love doing things as a family we may be very young parent but we give our daughter all the opurtunity to enjoy life
__________________
Mommy 23 Daddy 25 Lili5





Family Trip with dad April 2002
Family Trip With Mom January 2003
Liliana Birthday September 19 2008
My Birthday March 7 2009
Summer Vacation August 14 2009
Upcoming June 27 2010
Just for Fun
lilismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #8
Keurigirl
let's all sing like the birdies sing
 
Keurigirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 682

She will LOVE the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique! It's sooo cute and fun. Here are the details:

Girls 3 years old and above can choose from three hair styles — Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva and Pop Princess — available in three packages:

The Coach Package includes hairstyle, shimmering make-up, princess sash, princess cinch sac and body jewels — $44.95, plus tax.
The Crown Package includes hairstyle, shimmering makeup, princess sash, princess cinch sac, body jewels and nail polish — $49.95, plus tax.
The Castle Package includes hairstyle, shimmering makeup, princess sash, princess cinch sac, body jewels, nail polish, princess gown of choice, wand, shoes and portrait package courtesy of Disney's PhotoPass® Service (assorted prints in themed folder). Determined by the choice of princess gown and shoes, price ranges from $195.85 to $205.85.

For reservations, please call (714) 781-STYLE or (714) 781-7895.

- The Character Breakfasts are worth it and have great food.
Keurigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
lilismomma
Mouseketeer
 
lilismomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Hot Desert Of Ridgecrest Ca
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keurigirl View Post
She will LOVE the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique! It's sooo cute and fun. Here are the details:

Girls 3 years old and above can choose from three hair styles — Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva and Pop Princess — available in three packages:

The Coach Package includes hairstyle, shimmering make-up, princess sash, princess cinch sac and body jewels — $44.95, plus tax.
The Crown Package includes hairstyle, shimmering makeup, princess sash, princess cinch sac, body jewels and nail polish — $49.95, plus tax.
The Castle Package includes hairstyle, shimmering makeup, princess sash, princess cinch sac, body jewels, nail polish, princess gown of choice, wand, shoes and portrait package courtesy of Disney's PhotoPass® Service (assorted prints in themed folder). Determined by the choice of princess gown and shoes, price ranges from $195.85 to $205.85.

For reservations, please call (714) 781-STYLE or (714) 781-7895.

- The Character Breakfasts are worth it and have great food.
We just went to disneyland in march of this year and she bought a cinderella dress and shoes it just hangs in her room in perfect condition can i just use that dress and get everything else done just not buy another dress since she has one already.

Also we are going in less then 3 week is it to late to make a reservation
__________________
Mommy 23 Daddy 25 Lili5





Family Trip with dad April 2002
Family Trip With Mom January 2003
Liliana Birthday September 19 2008
My Birthday March 7 2009
Summer Vacation August 14 2009
Upcoming June 27 2010
Just for Fun
lilismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #10
teatime
Sir, can I have some more dole whip please ???
 
teatime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilismomma View Post
I love giving my daughter everything that i didnt have growing up and i didnt have lots so i always do special things for my daughter me and my boy friend both had no father in are life so we love doing things as a family we may be very young parent but we give our daughter all the opurtunity to enjoy life
I do the same thing, whats your point?
and why here in this thread? I was just saying that the fun she is looking for is in all she is going to do. not saying she is doing something wrong !

And just to clarify I love my kids, give what I never had, but at the same time teach them the value of things and teach them that what they want is something to work for. if you ask many on these boards who have met my kids,( many times ) they will tell you what they think of my kids and how well I have raised them and awesome they are
__________________
just a teaspoon of dole whip helps the medicine go down , the medicine go down ))))) the medicine got down . ( come on sing it with me marry poppins !!!)

teatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #11
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA
 
disneynerd420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 964

I would say call and find out if they have spots open, they probably do. I can't imagine that there are a lot of parents in this economic toilet we live in spending money on princess makeovers right now. I think it is an adorable idea, but not the right time and price.


I'm big on pin collecting. Pins are fun and they (theoretically) last forever. I have lost a pin due to a missing pin back. (RIP 1st Haunted Mansion pin).

I think the pins are a great way of expressing your love for DLR, I have mostly ride pins, but I do have some character ones too. The best thing about pins is the sheer amount of option you have when picking them out.
__________________
Does the Betty Ford clinic accept Disneyland addicts ?

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #12
lilismomma
Mouseketeer
 
lilismomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Hot Desert Of Ridgecrest Ca
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I do the same thing, whats your point?
and why here in this thread? I was just saying that the fun she is looking for is in all she is going to do. not saying she is doing something wrong !

And just to clarify I love my kids, give what I never had, but at the same time teach them the value of things and teach them that what they want is something to work for. if you ask many on these boards who have met my kids,( many times ) they will tell you what they think of my kids and how well I have raised them and awesome they are
I was never applying anything bad i just said i was looking for fun things to do cause my mother never did! I dodnt think i she did anything wrong.. Im sure your kids are wonderful. Guess i should double read my post before posting them.

What i wanted to do was do differnt activity that we didnt get to do on our last trips like character dinning and princess make over.
__________________
Mommy 23 Daddy 25 Lili5





Family Trip with dad April 2002
Family Trip With Mom January 2003
Liliana Birthday September 19 2008
My Birthday March 7 2009
Summer Vacation August 14 2009
Upcoming June 27 2010
Just for Fun
lilismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #13
lilismomma
Mouseketeer
 
lilismomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Hot Desert Of Ridgecrest Ca
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynerd420 View Post
I would say call and find out if they have spots open, they probably do. I can't imagine that there are a lot of parents in this economic toilet we live in spending money on princess makeovers right now. I think it is an adorable idea, but not the right time and price.


I'm big on pin collecting. Pins are fun and they (theoretically) last forever. I have lost a pin due to a missing pin back. (RIP 1st Haunted Mansion pin).

I think the pins are a great way of expressing your love for DLR, I have mostly ride pins, but I do have some character ones too. The best thing about pins is the sheer amount of option you have when picking them out.
I know it always sad to lose something you put so much time picking out im sure you can explore ebay to find your missing pin..
__________________
Mommy 23 Daddy 25 Lili5





Family Trip with dad April 2002
Family Trip With Mom January 2003
Liliana Birthday September 19 2008
My Birthday March 7 2009
Summer Vacation August 14 2009
Upcoming June 27 2010
Just for Fun
lilismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #14
teatime
Sir, can I have some more dole whip please ???
 
teatime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilismomma View Post
I was never applying anything bad i just said i was looking for fun things to do cause my mother never did! I dodnt think i she did anything wrong.. Im sure your kids are wonderful. Guess i should double read my post before posting them.

What i wanted to do was do differnt activity that we didnt get to do on our last trips like character dinning and princess make over.
yeah and I was just joking with her, but my humor is weird :lol: sorry hon I thought you were saying I said somethign I shouls not have. hell I wish you were all my mommy :lol: I spoil the kids, but need some of that my self !
__________________
just a teaspoon of dole whip helps the medicine go down , the medicine go down ))))) the medicine got down . ( come on sing it with me marry poppins !!!)

teatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
lilismomma
Mouseketeer
 
lilismomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Hot Desert Of Ridgecrest Ca
Posts: 79

Just made my Appt for my dd For Bibbidi Bobbidi!

Do you think first thing in the morning is a good appt well 9;00
__________________
Mommy 23 Daddy 25 Lili5





Family Trip with dad April 2002
Family Trip With Mom January 2003
Liliana Birthday September 19 2008
My Birthday March 7 2009
Summer Vacation August 14 2009
Upcoming June 27 2010
Just for Fun
lilismomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How EMH saved our trip-Doing the World on West Coast Time! Completed. Stop by my PTR! eandesmom Completed Trip Reports 421 09-21-2009 02:21 PM
Weekly Photo Contest Jul 20 thru Jul 26 - Disney Hollywood Studios rtphokie Photography Board 51 07-27-2009 01:01 AM
Spending a day in New Orleans - what to see/do/eat? ArelysAdriana Community Board 17 07-23-2009 11:44 AM
How bad is the week after Christmas? aimeeg Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 23 07-22-2009 06:41 PM
Flying the day before Thanksgiving??? kimpossible Transportation 7 07-22-2009 04:43 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.