Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
AllisonG
Good thing the TF is multi-lingual!

Question Ticket price increase?

I am reading this August there will be an increase in Disney ticket prices. Is this true? Can anyone confirm?
97,98,99x2,00x7,01x4,02x3,03x4,
04x4,07x2,08x2,09x4,10x1
AllisonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:10 AM   #2
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

There is a lot of rumors, but until Disney officially announces it, no one knows for sure. I personally think there will be an increase just like most other years.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
AllisonG

Red face

I personally think there will be an increase too but my other question is WHY NOW?!?!?!
Doesn't Disney know what the world is going through right now. Do they care so little for their customers? I think either announcing that they will NOT increase prices this year or something of the sort would draw even more people. I am planning an adults only trip for November and to have to tell my group that we need to buy tix ASAP because of a price increase? It was not received well. Why would Disney do that now of all times? It makes them look so greedy and uncaring. Yes, I'm gonna pay the price and so will alot of people but it makes the company look like crap.
Just mho.
04x4,07x2,08x2,09x4,10x1
Old 07-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Normally Ticket Price increases always go into effect on a Sunday. The earliest Disney will usually announce the increases is late on a Friday afternoon.

The only people who know in advance are some managers and high level people, the programmers for the ticketing computers, and the people who make signs and printed materials.

Often many of us who sell tickets find out when we come in and find that the prices on our terminals are changed, and the sheets we have in the booths to show Guests their choices are new.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:12 AM   #5
jlewisinsyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonG View Post
I personally think there will be an increase too but my other question is WHY NOW?!?!?!
Doesn't Disney know what the world is going through right now. Do they care so little for their customers? I think either announcing that they will NOT increase prices this year or something of the sort would draw even more people. I am planning an adults only trip for November and to have to tell my group that we need to buy tix ASAP because of a price increase? It was not received well. Why would Disney do that now of all times? It makes them look so greedy and uncaring. Yes, I'm gonna pay the price and so will alot of people but it makes the company look like crap.
Just mho.
Disney is a business, it's in the business to make money, despite the bad economy.

Think of it this way, in the scheme of things, how many people would cancel their Disney because their passes went up $25 for a 7 day hopper (a few bucks a day) or even $50? Not many, and if Disney loses a few, maybe they would have been low revenue generating anyway.

I know people want to paint a rosy picture of Disney and the customer is their number one priority, despite economics, but it simply isn't true. Things Disney gives away are there to help promote their cause and increase revenue somewhere else (ie. Free Dining).

From an economics point of view, factoring out the emotions, I see no reason not to increase the prices.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #6
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Has there ever been a year when they didn't go up?

I don't think there's a doubt they will raise them. Heck, they just raised all the waterpark ticket prices.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #7
Mouseaholic!!!
DIS Veteran

A quote from my Fred.....a first-timer, May 2007, Pop Warner.....

"Disney sure is good at separating you from your money".
Mouseaholic!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #8
Mouseaholic!!!
DIS Veteran

Maybe they can put up a sign at the ticket booth....

"We are raising ticket prices for your future enjoyment".
Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
AllisonG

Unhappy

I totally understand that Disney is a business and need to make money. I just thought they would have mercy on their customers and make it a point NOT to raise prices. I know, I'm delusional but atleast I can admit it.
04x4,07x2,08x2,09x4,10x1
Old 07-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #10
daber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseaholic!!! View Post
Maybe they can put up a sign at the ticket booth....

"We are raising ticket prices for your future enjoyment".
If only that were true! We spend the $$$, but it goes into a black hole. Unless we consider the new Stitch show an example of future enjoyment.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:59 AM   #11
Canman
Earning My Ears

I bought my tickets yesterday. If my memory serves me right, they usually go up Aug 1.

I'm sure that the tickets aren't going down...
Canman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:03 AM   #12
Mouseaholic!!!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daber View Post
If only that were true! We spend the $$$, but it goes into a black hole. Unless we consider the new Stitch show an example of future enjoyment.

Oh boy do I actually agree with you, sorry to say!! I wrote this - tounge in cheek.

The sad thing......I wouldn't put it past them to say it.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:30 AM   #13
yitbos96bb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr View Post
Disney is a business, it's in the business to make money, despite the bad economy.

Think of it this way, in the scheme of things, how many people would cancel their Disney because their passes went up $25 for a 7 day hopper (a few bucks a day) or even $50? Not many, and if Disney loses a few, maybe they would have been low revenue generating anyway.

I know people want to paint a rosy picture of Disney and the customer is their number one priority, despite economics, but it simply isn't true. Things Disney gives away are there to help promote their cause and increase revenue somewhere else (ie. Free Dining).

From an economics point of view, factoring out the emotions, I see no reason not to increase the prices.
You don't raise prices because you risk hurting your business further than the down year it has been. You risk alienating recurring guests. You risk having people spend less time at the parks. Removing emotions, its an extremely stupid move... You seem to forget that perception of a company is one of the most important factors in successfully driving business to that company. You don't want the negative press, which could hurt sales.

This would be incredibly stupid. Look how many pro sports team avoided increases for exactly the same reasons.

Furthermore, as long as they are cutting back on the experience with such things like limiting Fantasmic for example, then there is no reason to increase prices. More money for less experience is the stupidest move a company can do.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:42 PM   #14
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitbos96bb View Post
You don't raise prices because you risk hurting your business further than the down year it has been. You risk alienating recurring guests. You risk having people spend less time at the parks. Removing emotions, its an extremely stupid move... You seem to forget that perception of a company is one of the most important factors in successfully driving business to that company. You don't want the negative press, which could hurt sales.

This would be incredibly stupid. Look how many pro sports team avoided increases for exactly the same reasons.

Furthermore, as long as they are cutting back on the experience with such things like limiting Fantasmic for example, then there is no reason to increase prices. More money for less experience is the stupidest move a company can do.
Greed is good
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #15
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

It is very difficult for me to understand why a company who offers free food and room discounts of up to 40% could possibly see a smart business move in raising ticket prices. But I am betting they will.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: