Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Bippity Boppity Boutique question

Are the dresses you can buy at the BBB the same dresses they sell at the Disney Store? I really want to avoid paying over $200 for my dd to go to BBB -- I'd rather do the hair/makeup/nails and bring the dress if at all possible. However, some of those dresses at the Disney Store tend to be itchy, so if the BBB sells dresses that are of a higher quality, I might buy one there.

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Pembo
OH-IO

The dresses at BBB are a bit more fancy than the TDS in my opinion but they still are itchy. Bring your own from home and save the $$$.
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
mefordis

Any advice on how to break it to my dd5 that I want to buy a cheaper dress at TDS instead of letting her pick out the dress, accessories, etc. at BBB?

Also, if we buy/bring with us, she will be locked into a costume, where as if we wait to buy it there, she can decide on the spot (we are going to MNSSHP).

Tough decision.

Thanks!

April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
kim_d
DIS Veteran

Follow up question...they are the same dreses that they sell on property though, like at World of Disney at DTD? My DD has Cinderella and Snow White from DTD and I assumed I would pick up the Ariel one before her BBB and therefore didn't get the package with the dress. It is the same one sold in WDW, right?
kim_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman

The dresses that are sold at the BBB are the same as you find in all of Disney. They are a higher quality than TDS but still very itchy. If your DD is sensative I would bring something to wear under it. My DD would wear a tee shirt AND shorts or legings because she didn't like the itch. For what you pay for those dresses I would think they could do something about this,
LisaInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
kim_d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaInNc View Post
The dresses that are sold at the BBB are the same as you find in all of Disney. They are a higher quality than TDS but still very itchy. If your DD is sensative I would bring something to wear under it. My DD would wear a tee shirt AND shorts or legings because she didn't like the itch. For what you pay for those dresses I would think they could do something about this,
I agree my 4yo complains about both the Cinderella and Snow White dresses being itchy..doesn't stop her from asking for another one though. It bothered her so much so we had to change her out of it at the Princess Breakfast.
kim_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #7
mefordis

Ugh. To pay so much $$ and they aren't comfortable in them! Another question: what sizes do they go up to? My dd wears a size 7/8.

Also, the shoes -- no way can I see dd wearing those shoes. Uncomfortable! Plus she has a big foot - size 13 or 2. I'm thinking she should just wear her purple or pink crocs.

April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
Old 07-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
lilybrooke14
Mouseketeer

I got DD sparkly tennis shoes from Target. They weren't expensive, they looked cute with the outfit, and they were comfy. I also picked up an Ariel dress from TDS, because it was one piece. The Ariel that they had in parks (with her fins, there was also a dress) was two pieces with a bare midriff.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
mefordis

Okay, how do I present the idea to dd to get the dress at TDS so I can save over $100 bucks! (would it be that big a savings? I think the full package is over $200 at BBB).

April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
Old 07-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
Tanzanite
DIS Veteran

shoes

Igot 2 pairs of shoes a Cinderella & an Aurora pais $6 a pair on sale Disney store very flexible and pretty. Ibrought the dress last time at Bibbitty this year i will bring my own.
Tanzanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #11
stephie1012
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
Okay, how do I present the idea to dd to get the dress at TDS so I can save over $100 bucks! (would it be that big a savings? I think the full package is over $200 at BBB).
My DD was so excited about getting everything done she didnt even notice the dresses really. i took her to tds before we left and let her pick out her dress. She asked bout the dresses and i said sometimes girls forget their dresses at home so they have some you can buy here if you want.
its no pressure to buy them. when you walk in theres a check in dress and to the right there is a small display are with the dresses. We brought ours like i said and they showed us to a dressing room and dd got changed. we plan on doing the same thing again in september.
If you try looking on etsy you can find some that arent itchy but they are pricey.
February 2010-CBR
February 2011-offsite Star Island
Sept/Oct 2012 AoA
stephie1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
champ.49er
Mouseketeer

Generally, how much are dresses at BBB? Specifically, the Jasmine dress which my DD is wanting this year.
champ.49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #13
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

I recently purchased several dresses/costumes for DD (her B~day was earlier this month) from a lady on eBay ~ they are the same costumes I'd purchase at BBB/WDW/DLR for half the cost! A couple months ago DD visited BBB in DL ~ here's a post on her experience *I brought a dress from home (Wal*Mart $20) for her to wear ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204771
**They took the dress from me when we arrived and she was able to change in a dressing room just like she would've done had I bought a dress there.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
qcmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefordis View Post
Can you put it in a gift bag and keep it as a surprise and maybe the morning you go to BBB let her wake up to it. Maybe you can include a letter or card from her favorite princess.
qcmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #15
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ.49er View Post
Generally, how much are dresses at BBB? Specifically, the Jasmine dress which my DD is wanting this year.
We just got back and saw lots of adorable girls that had been to BBB!

The same dresses that they were wearing were being sold all over WDW for $64.95. I don't remember Jasmine, but the Cinderella, Belle, Tinkerbell and some other pink fairy thing were all $64.95 so I am guessing they might all be the same price.

Jeafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: