Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Halloween Info

Found this on the D23 website, and haven't seen posted here yet.
The fireworks sound cool.

Halloween Time Returns to Disneyland Resort!
07.18.09 - Returning to life September 25 and continuing through November 1, Halloween Time brings fun for all ages to the Disneyland Resort with new screams at Space Mountain and a new, nightly fireworks show. Halloween Time offers families a chance to interact with some of Disney's most beloved characters, dressed in seasonal costumes at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks. It also gives guests a unique opportunity to experience some spooky fun with Disney's more sinister characters, the Disney villains.

For older kids and adults, Halloween Time offers a new attraction: Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland at Disneyland. For the first time, riders will experience not only the thrill of flying through the galaxy, but the exhilaration of ghosts and ghouls screaming through space trying to contact them. Creepy creatures lurk around every turn as the eerie attraction provides thrilling drops like never before.

New this year is a fireworks spooktacular that will haunt the nighttime sky throughout the Halloween season. Jack Skellington, the Master of Scaremonies, invites everyone to join in the celebration, including a cast of Disney villains who get into the sprit with a wicked sense of fun.

Jack Skellington also returns to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring back "Haunted Mansion Holiday" to New Orleans Square in Disneyland. Transformed to a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, "Haunted Mansion Holiday" is inspired by the classic animated film Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. Jack and his friends provide plenty of havoc and surprises as they celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion in their unusual style.

For not-so-scary fun, Halloween Time offers special pleasures for children and parents. Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland will again transform for the Pumpkin Festival, where more than 300 "non-identical" pumpkins will be on display in shop windows. Meeting favorite Disney characters will be easier than ever as they stop to greet guests at designated areas on Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland and Sunshine Plaza in Disney's California Adventure.special meet-and-greet areas will be located throughout Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure.

Also available throughout both parks are special Halloween treats, including enjoyable Halloween menu items such as Zero's Ghostly Ghoulash served in a dog dish in honor of Zero, Jack Skellington's beloved pet dog. Special Halloween Time gifts can be found in Disneyland Resort shops. Gifts include jack-o-lantern mouse ears and collectable pins depicting Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their friends in Halloween costumes.

Guests will enjoy spine-tingling fun in Disney's California Adventure at the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, where a "supernatural" event happened on Halloween evening, 1939, forever haunting the building.

Also at Disney's California Adventure, Sunshine Plaza becomes "Candy Corn Acres." Mickey's pal Goofy is up to his tricks once again, attempting to wow the world with his unusual candy corn treats. Candy corn carrots, candy corn pumpkins and candy corn signs are just a few of the candy corn items Goofy is preparing.

Back by popular demand is "Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party," a one-of-a-kind celebration that returns to Disney's California Adventure for 12 nights in October (2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 and 31). This separate ticket, nighttime event gives children and their families a chance to dress as their favorite princesses, goblins or heroes, and trick-or-treat throughout the park. It's the ideal environment to have fun, eat special holiday treats, play interactive games, listen to "spirited" music and watch a nightly character cavalcade that celebrates the season.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
funatdisney
Disneyland, DH and my horses have a soothing effect on my soul, and always brings a smile on my face.

I got an e-mail from the Disney Visa card about buying tickets for the Trick or Treating event. They are offering a special price for Disney Visa Card holders.

DVC member since 2007; SSR and VGC.

funatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
shyboy72
Mouseketeer

AHAHAHHAH!!!! Sounds like sooo much fun.. We are going to be there from the 8th till the 11th.. HAHAHAH!! Can't wait..
shyboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
jernysgirl
I would say head to DL first to get you "in the mood"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post

07.18.09 - Returning to life September 25 and continuing through November 1, Halloween Time brings fun for all ages to the Disneyland Resort with new screams at Space Mountain and a new, nightly fireworks show. Halloween Time offers families a chance to interact with some of Disney's most beloved characters, dressed in seasonal costumes at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks. It also gives guests a unique opportunity to experience some spooky fun with Disney's more sinister characters, the Disney villains.

For older kids and adults, Halloween Time offers a new attraction: Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland at Disneyland. For the first time, riders will experience not only the thrill of flying through the galaxy, but the exhilaration of ghosts and ghouls screaming through space trying to contact them. Creepy creatures lurk around every turn as the eerie attraction provides thrilling drops like never before.

New this year is a fireworks spooktacular that will haunt the nighttime sky throughout the Halloween season. Jack Skellington, the Master of Scaremonies, invites everyone to join in the celebration, including a cast of Disney villains who get into the sprit with a wicked sense of fun.

Jack Skellington also returns to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring back "Haunted Mansion Holiday" to New Orleans Square in Disneyland. Transformed to a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, "Haunted Mansion Holiday" is inspired by the classic animated film Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. Jack and his friends provide plenty of havoc and surprises as they celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion in their unusual style.

For not-so-scary fun, Halloween Time offers special pleasures for children and parents. Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland will again transform for the Pumpkin Festival, where more than 300 "non-identical" pumpkins will be on display in shop windows. Meeting favorite Disney characters will be easier than ever as they stop to greet guests at designated areas on Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland and Sunshine Plaza in Disney's California Adventure.special meet-and-greet areas will be located throughout Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure.

Also available throughout both parks are special Halloween treats, including enjoyable Halloween menu items such as Zero's Ghostly Ghoulash served in a dog dish in honor of Zero, Jack Skellington's beloved pet dog. Special Halloween Time gifts can be found in Disneyland Resort shops. Gifts include jack-o-lantern mouse ears and collectable pins depicting Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their friends in Halloween costumes.

Guests will enjoy spine-tingling fun in Disney's California Adventure at the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, where a "supernatural" event happened on Halloween evening, 1939, forever haunting the building.

Also at Disney's California Adventure, Sunshine Plaza becomes "Candy Corn Acres." Mickey's pal Goofy is up to his tricks once again, attempting to wow the world with his unusual candy corn treats. Candy corn carrots, candy corn pumpkins and candy corn signs are just a few of the candy corn items Goofy is preparing.

Back by popular demand is "Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party," a one-of-a-kind celebration that returns to Disney's California Adventure for 12 nights in October (2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 and 31). This separate ticket, nighttime event gives children and their families a chance to dress as their favorite princesses, goblins or heroes, and trick-or-treat throughout the park. It's the ideal environment to have fun, eat special holiday treats, play interactive games, listen to "spirited" music and watch a nightly character cavalcade that celebrates the season.
Unless I am totally missing it, did anyone notice that this does not mention the Halloween Round-Up?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jernysgirl View Post
Unless I am totally missing it, did anyone notice that this does not mention the Halloween Round-Up?
You are right - and I don't think it does mention the Round-Up. In fact, I had been wondering a couple of weeks ago what the fate of the different holiday Round-Ups would be with the Celebration BBQ there. At first it appeared that there may not be any holiday Round-Ups, or if there were, they might be relocated to a different spot. But somewhere on DLR's website, someone found and posted some mini-descriptions of the holiday festivities at DLR and both Woody's and Santa's were mentioned. However, this new info that CinderALLIE posted seems more detailed and up-to-date, so perhaps the other info that the DIS-er found has been eliminated? Or maybe they just didn't think the Halloween Round-Up was important enough to mention!

I say, September 25 cannot get here soon enough!! Just a little over 2 months is all we have to wait for the Halloween fun! It will fly by in no time!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Here is the thread where we were discussing the Round-Up, and it was mentioned in the Special Events section of the DLR site. I wonder if that verbiage has changed in the Special Events section now?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2227366

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 07-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
aussiegirls
DIS Veteran

I just looked on the Special Events page of the Disneyland site and it still mentions it there. I hope they still go ahead with it
Old 07-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirls View Post
I just looked on the Special Events page of the Disneyland site and it still mentions it there. I hope they still go ahead with it
Thank you so much for checking that. I was going to do it, but my computer is soooooooo slow right now and I knew the DLR website would lock it up! I agree - I HOPE they bring back BOTH holiday Round-Ups. It just adds a nice extra touch to the seasons, and gives the kids (and big kids!) a place to decorate cookies and learn how to carve pumpkins or see reindeer, etc.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Did anyone else pick up on the "nightly fireworks show"!!! I so have to come back!!!!!

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
raftislander
Mouseketeer

I am getting so excited........this will be our first trip to DLR during Halloweentime! The NBC overlay on HM, decorations, ToT party and now a haunted overlay on SM and special fireworks! Thank you thank you thank you Alaska Airlines for those $59 dollar rates that inspired my ever-so-frugal husband to say yes to this trip ( Ok...the fact that his beloved Oregon Ducks are playing a a game at the Rose Bowl that weekend might have hadsome impact on his attitude) even though we had just spent spring break at WDW. I CAN"T WAIT
Old 07-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
jernysgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
You are right - and I don't think it does mention the Round-Up. In fact, I had been wondering a couple of weeks ago what the fate of the different holiday Round-Ups would be with the Celebration BBQ there. At first it appeared that there may not be any holiday Round-Ups, or if there were, they might be relocated to a different spot. But somewhere on DLR's website, someone found and posted some mini-descriptions of the holiday festivities at DLR and both Woody's and Santa's were mentioned. However, this new info that CinderALLIE posted seems more detailed and up-to-date, so perhaps the other info that the DIS-er found has been eliminated? Or maybe they just didn't think the Halloween Round-Up was important enough to mention!

I say, September 25 cannot get here soon enough!! Just a little over 2 months is all we have to wait for the Halloween fun! It will fly by in no time!
That's why I mentioned it, because I know that you had pointed it out on the other Halloween thread that was floating around the last couple of days. When I read through this it immediately popped into my mind that that was missing.

This will be my first time experiencing all of the Halloween fun at DLR and I was excited to take my boys to the Round-Up and see all of the fun things over there. I will be kind of bummed if DLR chooses not to do it this year. (But I am also kind of bummed that they are taking Woody & the Gang out of the BBQ too as we were going to that for my Bday while we were there too). Can you tell that we like Woody and his friends?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #12
jernysgirl

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
Did anyone else pick up on the "nightly fireworks show"!!! I so have to come back!!!!!
It actually only mentions nightTIME fireworks and not NIGHTLY. Just didn't want anyone to get confused and think that the fireworks were running nightly (as in every night). Historically, the nighttime entertainment (fireworks, F!) were only held on the weekends in Oct, in years past. I would love to see longer park hours during Oct. with more nights for those things, due to the increased popularity that time of year seems to be having, but I wouldn't count on it and get disappointed once I was there.

BTW - I am definitely looking forward to the fireworks as well!
Old 07-19-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jernysgirl View Post
That's why I mentioned it, because I know that you had pointed it out on the other Halloween thread that was floating around the last couple of days. When I read through this it immediately popped into my mind that that was missing.

This will be my first time experiencing all of the Halloween fun at DLR and I was excited to take my boys to the Round-Up and see all of the fun things over there. I will be kind of bummed if DLR chooses not to do it this year. (But I am also kind of bummed that they are taking Woody & the Gang out of the BBQ too as we were going to that for my Bday while we were there too). Can you tell that we like Woody and his friends?
Oh, you guys would lose out on Woody & the Gang all around - at the BBQ and at the Halloween Round-up - if they don't bring the Round-Up back! Woody was at the TOTP last year - hopefully they can at least keep him there in 2009! I can't help but think DLR would have mentioned the Halloween Round-Up in the info that CinderALLIE posted here if they were planning to bring it back, but maybe, just maybe, it is something they are tossing around and haven't made up their minds 100% on yet. Like maybe they want to put the Round-Up somewhere else and can't think of where.

I wish they would do nightly fireworks for Halloweentime, but as it is, the October weather is weird and often windy, so I wonder how well this new fireworks show is going to work if they have to delay it or postpone it due to wind. Hopefully that won't happen.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #14
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

Thank you for posting this!!! I will be there opening weekend for Halloween Season. I'm so excited to be in the first crowd to see the halloween fireworks.

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #15
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

this is what I saw...

Quote:

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: