Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
jake73
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 17

Favorite places to see characters

Which parks are your favorite to see characters. We usually do at least one character meal and we will visit all parks. My kids 10 and 5 love interacting with the characters. Last year at DL they were spoiled by getting lots of time in Toon Town with them. Do you have any tips for short lines or off times within the parks?
jake73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
mkfan4life
Earning My Ears
 
mkfan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11

characters

We just returned from WDW. The best place that we found for characters was at HS. At about 5:00pm, we decided to go see The Magic of Disney Animation. When you exit out of the studio, you enter a larger room. When we got into that room, just about every character was there including Mickey and Minnie. There were not alot of people in that room either. The characters were the ones waiting, which was very nice! Some of the characters were just walking around looking to interact with visitors. We got a ton of pictures and autographs. I told my girlfriend that it was like Christmas!
mkfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
missesdisney
DIS Veteran
 
missesdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfan4life View Post
We just returned from WDW. The best place that we found for characters was at HS. At about 5:00pm, we decided to go see The Magic of Disney Animation. When you exit out of the studio, you enter a larger room. When we got into that room, just about every character was there including Mickey and Minnie. There were not alot of people in that room either. The characters were the ones waiting, which was very nice! Some of the characters were just walking around looking to interact with visitors. We got a ton of pictures and autographs. I told my girlfriend that it was like Christmas!
We did this also in May - I heard they often do it on nights where there is no Fantasmic. We saw some very rare characters like Prince John, Jafar, Queen from Snow White in there as well. There was a second set at 5:30 with different characters. It is not on the times guide. You don't have to go through the Animation show to see this - you can go in through the store to the right and through the back to get there.
__________________
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse"
missesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
ktlm
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,450

The stepsisters and stepmother by the Castle in MK are a ton of fun. They come out a few minutes after Belle finishes her meet and greet after her storytime. Also Epcot is a great place to meet princesses with shorter lines.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #5
wisegal
Mouseketeer
 
wisegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Port Moody, BC Canada
Posts: 241

Where is the best place to meet Ariel, she is my daughters favorite and is really looking forward to meeting her.
__________________


Me , DH DD (7) DS (6)
wisegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:45 AM   #6
Mommy2Jameson
Mouseketeer
 
Mommy2Jameson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisegal View Post
Where is the best place to meet Ariel, she is my daughters favorite and is really looking forward to meeting her.
She is a regular at Magic Kingdom. She has her own area...Ariel's grotto. She's there every day- Not sure how busy her line usually is though- My son wasn't interested in seeing her! LOL
__________________
Mommy2Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran
 
lnh'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 995

Quote:
Originally Posted by missesdisney View Post
We did this also in May - I heard they often do it on nights where there is no Fantasmic. We saw some very rare characters like Prince John, Jafar, Queen from Snow White in there as well. There was a second set at 5:30 with different characters. It is not on the times guide. You don't have to go through the Animation show to see this - you can go in through the store to the right and through the back to get there.
Not sure where you are talking about. What store is this and is it only at 5 and 5:30? TIA
__________________
me dh d14 dd11 ds6 ds2
lnh'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
Tinkerbell3014
Mouseketeer
 
Tinkerbell3014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: WNY
Posts: 454

We've seen a lot of characters in AK. Lilo,Stitch,Minnie,Donald,Goofy,Mickey,Flik,Pocoho ntos,Jiminy Cricket,Pooh,Tigger,Piglet,Eyeore and maybe some I am forgetting.
__________________
:POR 2010, POR 2008, CBR 2006, DIXIE LANDINGS (POR) 1998, many offsite trips 1996,1989,1986,1983,1979
me DH DD(12) DS(9)
Tinkerbell3014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #9
Kae
DIS Veteran
 
Kae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Indiana
Posts: 6,983

Epcot we see alot with shorter waits. Pooh & Tigger in the back at the store in England. Around the countries they have the characters that are from the countries.

Kae
__________________
:Me DH DD14 DS17CSR Oct 2010-Just Me & DH!!
May 2007-Pop & AKL June 2005-WL April 2005-Wyndham Palace March 2004-Marriott DTD
Oct 2003-WL Oct 2001-Poly DS 1st Trip
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #10
jake73
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell3014 View Post
We've seen a lot of characters in AK. Lilo,Stitch,Minnie,Donald,Goofy,Mickey,Flik,Pocoho ntos,Jiminy Cricket,Pooh,Tigger,Piglet,Eyeore and maybe some I am forgetting.
Where? Are they usually at Camp Minnie-Mickey?
jake73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
tam626
DIS Veteran
 
tam626's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pa.
Posts: 865

I liked the one in Epcot. I think it's in Innoventions. You get in line & then you get to see like 5 or more characters.
__________________
[
'08'09
tam626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #12
Hootch
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,160

I agree with

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisegal View Post
Where is the best place to meet Ariel, she is my daughters favorite and is really looking forward to meeting her.
the PP on Ariel's grotto. It's one of the better interactions. The lines can be long because she takes quite a bit of time to talk to everyone. We have great picture from our last trip with my daughter and Ariel sitting back to back.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #13
LovesDonald
Earning My Ears
 
LovesDonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Philly
Posts: 29

Ditto on Epcot (Innoventions). You wait in the A/C!!!!! and get 5 characters!!!! Last Thursday we waited about 20 minutes in the am and got to watch old Disney cartoons and many insider facts too. Much better than the heat.

Also saw the characters at HS in Imagination - different ones too.
LovesDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smiley thread #12**Post Your Favorite Smileys.** MuskratSusie Games 3778 11-08-2009 08:00 PM
Who do you wish they would have a character meal with? Mommytobree Disney Restaurants 97 08-02-2009 12:29 PM
character meals...which characters? rileysmommy Disney Restaurants 5 07-18-2009 04:23 PM
What's your favorite Disney World Resort? MickeyisBeast Teen Disney 32 07-18-2009 01:30 PM
Your all time favorite World Showcase SNACKS!!! Wonders10 Disney Restaurants 59 07-18-2009 01:08 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.