Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #121
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Thanks so much for your quick response.....
Also do you guys prefer the first floor or the second floor....???
I've been on every floor in the Casitas and I really don't have a preference. If I had to choose one, I'd probably say the 3rd or 4th floor so that I have a better view of some of the higher fireworks you can see.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #122
redheadx3
DIS Veteran

Couple of questions.
We will be booking an 8 night stay at CSR with tickets and QSDP.
My mother may want to come but won't know until weeks before leaving for WDW and probably would only want to come for 4 nights.
I was adviced on another thread to just add her to our room once we arrive, this way she doesn't have to buy 8 days of tickets and the QSDP and it won't mess up my reservations and plans.
Will CSR let me add her to our room with no problem? Should I call CSR to comfirm?

Another ? Can we refill our mugs in the PM?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #123
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadx3 View Post
Couple of questions.
We will be booking an 8 night stay at CSR with tickets and QSDP.
My mother may want to come but won't know until weeks before leaving for WDW and probably would only want to come for 4 nights.
I was adviced on another thread to just add her to our room once we arrive, this way she doesn't have to buy 8 days of tickets and the QSDP and it won't mess up my reservations and plans.
Will CSR let me add her to our room with no problem? Should I call CSR to comfirm?

Another ? Can we refill our mugs in the PM?
I can't answer the first question. Perhaps someone else can or I would call CRO and ask them (you won't get CSR--you'll get a central call area).

The mugs can be refilled at the PM--but the CM's do it for you...you can no longer do it yourself. You can also have them refilled at Siestas by the pool (again by the CM's) and you can refill them yourself at Cafe Rix -- the grab and go area.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #124
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Thanks for doing this. I was just looking for pics on the new renovated rooms love them. Our only problem is the single sink thing.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
Old 07-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #125
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Thanks for doing this. I was just looking for pics on the new renovated rooms love them. Our only problem is the single sink thing.
Yes, I saw that...I responded to your other post. We used to have four in our party (our boys are now both in college), and we never had problem with having only one sink. As you can tell, there is a lot of counter space.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #126
Talock
Getting there is half the fun.

Question What do I need to take for the coffee maker?

I'm planning to take ½ a pound of coffee with me. Do I need take the coffee filters as well, or are they provided?

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #127
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talock View Post
I'm planning to take ½ a pound of coffee with me. Do I need take the coffee filters as well, or are they provided?

Thanks!
No, there are no filters. They give you that "prepackaged" coffee in an enclosed filter. I would take filters with you--the tiny ones for a 4-cup coffee maker (there's a picture on the first page I believe of the coffee pot).
Old 07-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #128
Anonomom
DIS Veteran

First, thanks so much for doing the new thread -- you've presented all of the info in such an organized and clear way!

Now, onto my question: The pics of the bathrooms show different toiletries than we had last year at POR. What kind are they, and are they any good (meaning, would you actually use them or just use what you've brought from home?) And also, do the soaps have mickey on them? DD LOVES her Mickey soaps and I need to know if I actually have to go buy some somewhere.

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #129
yrdlyprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngVT View Post

96 more days til we leave... 6 more til Ressies can be made... and 86 more til I can pack without feeling like a dork.

Looking forward to more info...
I start packing way b4 10 days-- I guess that makes me a dork I think that this year I won't tell/let me friends see taht I'm doing it- then I can only tell "disers" that I'm doing and won't feel so bad!!

I love all the pcitures on here! And as for the convention info it's great!! (even if one is there it's alright)

Hubby and the kids will pack and plan--ok maybe just pack!

Old 07-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #130
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

does anyone know how far out disabled rooms are assigned? I know it is different than regular rooms

Also, do you think it is reasonable to put in the fax that I want the rooms I do because I use a powerchair and want to be near the first bus stop? I want to be in Casitas 4 or 5 for this reason (plus I think they are the most romantic looking for my honeymoon!)

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #131
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrdlyprincess View Post
I start packing way b4 10 days-- I guess that makes me a dork I think that this year I won't tell/let me friends see taht I'm doing it- then I can only tell "disers" that I'm doing and won't feel so bad!!

I love all the pcitures on here! And as for the convention info it's great!! (even if one is there it's alright)
We have an open suitcase on the stairs... we've ben slowly packing since April- We are going the last week of August. I just couldn't wait to start.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #132
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom View Post
First, thanks so much for doing the new thread -- you've presented all of the info in such an organized and clear way!

Now, onto my question: The pics of the bathrooms show different toiletries than we had last year at POR. What kind are they, and are they any good (meaning, would you actually use them or just use what you've brought from home?) And also, do the soaps have mickey on them? DD LOVES her Mickey soaps and I need to know if I actually have to go buy some somewhere.

Thanks!
You are welcome...glad you like it.

I believe the CSR is the only one to get the toiletries as shown in the photo. I think the other moderates get the same toiletries as the values (although I can't swear by that because I've never stayed at any of the other moderates).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrdlyprincess View Post

You can count on the DIS nuts for anything...we understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post
does anyone know how far out disabled rooms are assigned? I know it is different than regular rooms

Also, do you think it is reasonable to put in the fax that I want the rooms I do because I use a powerchair and want to be near the first bus stop? I want to be in Casitas 4 or 5 for this reason (plus I think they are the most romantic looking for my honeymoon!)
If you have any special need(s), please call Special Resort Needs asap (have your reservation number ready for them): 407-939-7807 # 1 .

These CM's will block a room to be sure any needs you may have will be met. They are wonderful and there to help!

Even if you do not require a handicap room, they can help - just explain your needs to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post
We have an open suitcase on the stairs... we've ben slowly packing since April- We are going the last week of August. I just couldn't wait to start.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #133
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post

It would be a good idea to call Disney special needs and ask for a an accessible room near the first bus stop - they can arrange to block a room for you. They have always been very kind and wonderful to work with. Be sure to have your reservation ready for them when you call, explain your medical need: 407-939-7807 option #1. PM me if I can be of help.

Have a wonderful trip!

PS Kathy, we must have been posting at the same time!

Old 07-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #134
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Some additional photos from fellow CSR lover and Diser, Elise79:

Old 07-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #135
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Sooo pretty! Thank you, Kathy!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: