Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #91
MissMichelle
DIS Veteran

Great Job Kat!!! I will be at my "home" in just 34 days...I can't believe its almost here!!!

Still sad you aren't going...We have to meet up one of these trips
Old 07-19-2009, 05:41 PM   #92
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Kathy,

I just wanted to tell you, Great Job on the Thread!!!!! It looks wonderful!!!!!

Mary

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2009, 05:45 PM   #93
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Unfortunately, not until 2010 (and we are hoping for that). We had to cancel this year.
I hear ya and sorry! I cancelled my trip this past may because of financial stuff as well. Would of been my second solo trip.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #94
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMichelle View Post
Great Job Kat!!! I will be at my "home" in just 34 days...I can't believe its almost here!!!

Still sad you aren't going...We have to meet up one of these trips
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
Kathy,

I just wanted to tell you, Great Job on the Thread!!!!! It looks wonderful!!!!!

Mary
Thanks, Michelle and Mary. I appreciate the positive feedback.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #95
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

Great work KatMark!

Hi KatMark! The new thread looks great!

I thought I would share a quick review of our trip this summer. We stayed at CSR for the first time June 26-July 4, 2009. We absolutely loved it here! I am writing my trip report now. I have posted a few photos of CSR and will be posting more in the next few days. There is a link to my trip report at the bottom of my post.

The grounds were beautiful. We loved the renovated rooms, especially the queen beds, and marble vanity. I used the online check-in system and it worked out great. When I originally booked the trip I requested Cabanas. Then when I checked in online ten days before our arrival I checked the boxes for ground floor and near transportation. I did not send a fax. The online checkin really worked out well. I did not have to wait in line. In the photo below, it is hard to tell but there were two lines. The long line is for regular check-in. I walked right up to the registration desk since there was no line in the on-line check-in line. I am in the black top. There is one person waiting behind me. She is in the black shirt and black and white skirt.

We got all our requests! We were placed in Cabanas 9A. We had a standard room that faced the parking lot. We were close to two bus stops. We found both bus stops to be about the same distance away from our room. We liked being on the ground floor with no stair to climb. I was worried ahead of time that we would hear people above us - but we never did!

Cabanas 9A was close to the Dig Site and El Centre.

We got food at Siesta's a few times. My DS thought the cheeseburgers at Siesta's were the best. I had the nachos and they were really good. My DH and I took advantage of the Ribeye Steak counter service option and had it twice for dinner. I couldn't believe what a great meal it was for only one counter service meal! I had the steak with a baked potato and grilled veggies one night and another night had the steak with mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. The mashed potatoes were really good! We were able to chose a dessert from all the desserts available! I enjoyed the apple cobbler with ice cream the best. We got one of the loafs of bread as a desert choice one time, and the huge cinnamon bun was a dessert choice as well.

The kids and I loved the Dig Site pool. You can just make out the playground on the left side of the pyramid in this photo. I didn't realize that the playground was right there by the pool. The pool itself was really big so it did not feel crowded. I even tried the slide once. I wanted to be able to report back on it in this thread. It was lots of fun. I would have gone down it a few more times but we had to get out of the pool to catch our ride on ME to the airport. We literally, climbed out of the pool, changed in the bathroom by the pool and went right to the ME bus stop. It was hard to get out of the pool and go home.

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:
For the First Time in Forever - A Trip to See My Son March in MK Feb 2014

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52227352

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
Old 07-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #96
jezaduck24
Mouseketeer

Kathy,
Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this thread and in general. You are a veritable font of Coronado info!
Can't wait to see it all for myself in September!
Jennifer

Off-Site 1974 Off-Site 1980 Disney Institute 1996 ASMu - 1997 AKL - 2001
Old 07-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #97
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

mdsouth, thank you for the review and so glad you enjoyed CSR so much!! Your daughter is darling!!

Photos are great and your room locations sounds perfect. Will follow your TR link as well.

Thanks again and welcome back!

Old 07-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #98
Peapicker
Mouseketeer

Kat,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I can not tell you how this is getting us all pumped up for our stay here in Aug/Sep. Would you suggest a fax sent 3 days before arrival.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #99
caseybruna
Mouseketeer

this new thread is absolutely amazing

well done KatMark : !!!
DLP Feb 2008
Old 07-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #100
Britgirlus
Mouseketeer

Well, I'm now about 95% sure we'll be staying at CSR next May Dh just asked when we can make our reservations, book our flights, and make ADR's He had never been to Disney before this past May -I had been a couple of times about 20 years ago, when I was so broke I could hardly afford to eat, and determined then that I would go back and "do it right". When I was pregnant with ds6, we started saving, so we could take him when he turned 5. We saved all our loose change/bills - and wound up paying for the whole thing out of our change jars !! We stayed at POFQ last time, and loved it, but want to try somewhere different. Our dream trip in May didn't quite work out - my dad (who lived in England) passed away on our first full day of vacation. He had made me promise that we would stay on vacation if this happened (he had cancer and had been going downhill the last couple of weeks). So - we stayed, and celebrated his life in the most magical place on earth. The day after we left Disney, I flew to England for his funeral (my family had arranged it for the following week so I would be able to be there). So - we're going back next May, and will hopefully have the time of our lives !!
Old 07-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #101
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsouth View Post
Hi KatMark! The new thread looks great!

I thought I would share a quick review of our trip this summer.
Thank you for the kind words and the great review. I love your pictures--terrific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezaduck24 View Post
Kathy,
Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this thread and in general. You are a veritable font of Coronado info!
Can't wait to see it all for myself in September!
Jennifer
Thanks, Jennifer. I hope you have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peapicker View Post
Kat,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I can not tell you how this is getting us all pumped up for our stay here in Aug/Sep. Would you suggest a fax sent 3 days before arrival.
My pleasure. I'm glad it has made you more excited about your trip. Yes, send a fax three days before your arrival--it can't hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybruna View Post
this new thread is absolutely amazing

well done KatMark : !!!
Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britgirlus View Post
Well, I'm now about 95% sure we'll be staying at CSR next May Dh just asked when we can make our reservations, book our flights, and make ADR's He had never been to Disney before this past May -I had been a couple of times about 20 years ago, when I was so broke I could hardly afford to eat, and determined then that I would go back and "do it right". When I was pregnant with ds6, we started saving, so we could take him when he turned 5. We saved all our loose change/bills - and wound up paying for the whole thing out of our change jars !! We stayed at POFQ last time, and loved it, but want to try somewhere different. Our dream trip in May didn't quite work out - my dad (who lived in England) passed away on our first full day of vacation. He had made me promise that we would stay on vacation if this happened (he had cancer and had been going downhill the last couple of weeks). So - we stayed, and celebrated his life in the most magical place on earth. The day after we left Disney, I flew to England for his funeral (my family had arranged it for the following week so I would be able to be there). So - we're going back next May, and will hopefully have the time of our lives !!
Dear Britgirlus, I hope you do stay at CSR. But if you choose somewhere else, I hope you have a most magical vacation. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. We had a similar situation on our trip last year. My dad died the week before our trip. His final words to me, besides "I love you and your kids" was that he wanted us to go on our 25th anniversary trip no matter what. I thought of cancelling but I kept remembering his last words to me and decided to honor his request. Although it was painful at times seeing certain things that Dad loved at Disney, what you said is true: "we celebrated his life in the most magical place on earth."
Old 07-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #102
princessmom29
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the fab thread Kat!! You are the best!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #103
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Way to go! This thread looks great! It's easy to make a thread look good when you have a resort that's as beautiful as the CSR to work with!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #104
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm looking forward to our stay here in 45 days! Thank you for all the great information.

I promise to bring back lots of pics.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-20-2009, 04:21 AM   #105
epcot.girl
DIS Veteran

Oh looking at all these pictures I can't wait to go back!! I LOVE CSR. We're probably going to cancel our 2010 trip so we can go snowboarding and because it cuts into College, but then I come on here and see these pics...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: