Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #31
ZebraDomeCrazy
Well behaved women rarely make history

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thank you for all your patience while I got this up. Thanks to all who sent me pictures. Special thanks to Megan (TinkerBelle 325) who heled me put the FAQ thread together...editing, revising, etc. And thanks to an old friend who allowed me to copy a lot of info.

This is a work in progress and we will add info as we get it.

Please feel free to add pictures, questions, reviews, etc. to our updated thread.

Kathy
Kathy - thank you soooo very much for this!! I cannot imaine how much work this has been for you. It is wonderful and has us all excited about our upcoming first time at CSR!!! I'll keep checking in - the pictures are fantastic - even Glen! Thanks so much - Jane

CBR - 1X, All Stars - 4X, AKL - 9X, POR - 3X, FQ - 1X
BWI - 1X, Poly - 1X, CSR - 2X WL - 1X, Kidani - 5X

Old 07-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #32
AMB1
Mouseketeer

Fabulous job on the new thread .

I've been seriously considering CSR for our next trip and you've just pushed it back to the top of my list. The thread is organized very well and you have made excellent use of photographs.

Thanks for taking up the challenge of creating this new thread

2014 Disney Magic/POFQ
2013 Disney Wonder Alaska
2012 Beach Club
2010 Contemporary
2009 Grand Floridian
2005 Boardwalk Inn
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #33
momma2kiddos
Mouseketeer

I don't know about credits but the room service menu has a VERY nice selection! We went back and forth about ordering for breakfast and dinner but decided not to for "budget" reasons. We fully intend to try it out at least once on our next visit. What's a vacation without room service?!

CSR March 2009
CSR May 2011
CSR March 2013
Old 07-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #34
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Kathy,

Beautiful, beautiful job on the thread! It is well-organized and very comprehensive. Makes me want to go back sooner than I will be able to! Great job - it is very well thought out.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #35
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
Thanks for starting the new thread Kathy. Looks great!
Thanks...and I used one or two of your pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybelle View Post
Looks great!! Thanks!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2kiddos View Post
Good job Kat!!!!!!
Thanks, momma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh2001 View Post
KatMark - first let me thank you for this great thread. You are the best.
Marina - sounds like it is open duirng peak/holiday times.
We will be at CSR Easter weeks in 2010 - do you think the Marina will be open for us to use ?

Also from the pictures of the rooms - moving the 2 square small chairs to where the connecting room door is, will leave us enough room to place a twin areo bed, next to the window. We are a family of 4, but our teen DS does not/should not sleep with our teen DD.

Thank you for all your CSR knowledge.
Thank you.

The Marina was open this past Easter, so if they keep with that proposed schedule then I believe it will be open when you are there.

I don't think you'll have any problem by moving the two ottomans and fitting a twin aero bed at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Hi, Great job!!
I have one question??

If I wanted to order room service does it count as 2 TS credits??

Also what does the menu look like???
Good question. I just checked the brochure for the dining plan and it does not list the CSR room service this year. I don't know if that is an oversight or if they eliminated (not sure why they would when all of the restaurants are on the plan). Maybe someone who is going soon can find out for sure. If it is on the dining plan, yes, it is 2 TS credits like all of the deluxes. I'm posting "old menus" here...I'm not sure if you'll be able to read them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraDomeCrazy View Post
Kathy - thank you soooo very much for this!! I cannot imaine how much work this has been for you. It is wonderful and has us all excited about our upcoming first time at CSR!!! I'll keep checking in - the pictures are fantastic - even Glen! Thanks so much - Jane
Thanks. We think Glen has a friend too...but I haven't verified that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB1 View Post
Fabulous job on the new thread .

I've been seriously considering CSR for our next trip and you've just pushed it back to the top of my list. The thread is organized very well and you have made excellent use of photographs.

Thanks for taking up the challenge of creating this new thread
I'm glad to hear it. We really love it there. It has just about everything you could ask for in a deluxe (except indoor corridors and perhaps another restaurant), but at a moderate price that we can afford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Kathy,

Beautiful, beautiful job on the thread! It is well-organized and very comprehensive. Makes me want to go back sooner than I will be able to! Great job - it is very well thought out.
Thank you so much StitckandPooh's Mom...I appreciate your support.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #36
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Smile Awesome Job Kathy

Hi Kat ... great job on the new thread! Very informative and it looks good too. Thanks for being so willing to share your CSR knowledge and enthusiasm with us - you must spend hours replying to people each day.

I only posted on the old thread once or twice, but I've been addicted to it since we booked our upcoming trip ... only 28 more days to go!

Old 07-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #37
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymath View Post
Hi Kat ... great job on the new thread! Very informative and it looks good too. Thanks for being so willing to share your CSR knowledge and enthusiasm with us - you must spend hours replying to people each day.

I only posted on the old thread once or twice, but I've been addicted to it since we booked our upcoming trip ... only 28 more days to go!
Thank you...and hope you'll feel free to post more often and let us know how your trip went and bring back some pics!
Old 07-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #38
Yzma and Kronk
I survived the Pie-fest
I broke my spleen and yaked up a lung.....and I was driving!
Not done the "other" thing yet...

Thanks for the new thread Kathy - it looks great
Old 07-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #39
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize CSR had "real" room service, that's something to consider. Ds is "to the manor born" apparently and loves having breakfast brought to him. I try to do it once on every vacation, but so far haven't on Disney trips.

Thanks for all the work, Kathy, it looks great.

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
Old 07-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #40
quirty30
DIS Veteran

Kathy, I just want you to know, if I hadn't recently joined DVC, you would have me totally sold on CSR. In fact, I know we can use points to stay at CSR, and I think I just might try it sometime (staying at a deluxe on points is exorbitant, but the mods are fairly reasonable.) Which brings me to a question, honestly, why isn't CSR a deluxe? Exterior corridors? After going thru your opening posts, I can't see a difference. Anyway, just wanted to say "great work" and thanks for all you do on these forums : )
Old 07-19-2009, 12:40 AM   #41
MarkinNM
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

AWESOME start KAT!!!!!

Thanks for the hard work and the PICS!!!!!!!

Cant wait for our stay in Sept........

Old 07-19-2009, 02:41 AM   #42
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Room Service and Dining Plan

When I was there in October of 2008 I was told that Room Service does NOT take the DDP. I'm not sure why.
I didn't mind and paid OOP for a wonderful breakfast...so nice to have it delivered hot and fast.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:15 AM   #43
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Thanks for doing this Kathy! I love this thread it so helpful
Old 07-19-2009, 05:19 AM   #44
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Kathy,

Great new thread - well done! Remember if there are any specific pictures you want taken whe we go in September (we are there for 14nights this time!) please ask.

I will try and get the updated menus for all the restaurants & room service if you would like? I can also get some photos of the inside of the PM & Maya Grill as well if you want to add them?

Anyway, thanks for doing this. It will be our last stay at CSR for a while as we bought into DVC recently but we still love the place

July 2014 - OKWApr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Old 07-19-2009, 06:40 AM   #45
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

All I can say is WOW!!!! Kathy you did such a fabulous job. Thanks so much for all the hard work that we know went into this. All the information is arranged so perfectly and the pictures are gorgeous. Like a previous poster, I didn't really think that I'd give CSR another try, but thanks to you and the CSR FAQ thread I am really looking forward to both my trips to CSR in Sept/Oct and then again in Dec. I have to admit that even the Ranchos look much better than I thought they did when I was there before. That's still the one area I don't want to be assigned to, but at least I don't think it'd be the end of the world now if I did get stuck out there. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Last edited by aubriee; 07-19-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: