Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:25 AM   #151
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINFAN View Post
Hi Kat! AWESOME SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got over here to check it out, man, you guys work fast! how many pages already? And you thought you were going to have to pass the time until your upcoming trip......looks like you have a new job fOR CSR It really is beautiful, isn't it?
again, great job, and truly appreciated

Pam
Personally I think that with all the work she does for them that CSR should give Kathy a free stay once a year. I wonder how many people are giving the resort a try just because of the FAQ CSR thread.

I'm loving all the new pictures! Keep em coming!

Oh, one question! I have a breakfast ADR over at Boma during my Sept/Oct trip. Does anyone know how much a taxi would be over to AKL from CSR? Thanks!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:32 AM   #152
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone! Browsing through this thread and I am thinking about staying here next march instead of CBR!
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2009, 08:33 AM   #153
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Hello again....

How about Cabanas....How many floors do they have??

Also I have 2 small children.....where would you choose to stay??.......
Old 07-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #154
Pinkpony
Mouseketeer

WOW! LOOKS FABULOUS, KAT!!!

CSR is still lurking in the back of my mind for our November trip, even though we're booked at WL.

Thanks for all your hard work on this site! And so fast too!

Pink
Old 07-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #155
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolie912 View Post
Hello again....

How about Cabanas....How many floors do they have??

Also I have 2 small children.....where would you choose to stay??.......
Cabanas are 2 stories. There are elevators, generally located in about the middle of the building.

We have stayed in the Cabanas twice with our kids and like their location. Convenient to the main building and Bus stop #4 and a short walk across the bridge to the main pool.

Have a great trip!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:02 AM   #156
NEWfanNY
Earning My Ears

what do you suggest??

Hello...I am a newbie.. I am so impressed with this discussion. Thank you Kat
I read through all the tips and I keep going back and forth...

What is your suggestion on which building I should request?

I would like to be close to the Dig Site but also not to far from the Pepper Market.

I have two boys ages 6yrs and 8yrs old.
I know they will love the slide..This is our first time at Disney.
I upgraded from Allstar Music to the CSR..Thanks to Kat
We will arrive on September 1st...
Old 07-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #157
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Personally I think that with all the work she does for them that CSR should give Kathy a free stay once a year. I wonder how many people are giving the resort a try just because of the FAQ CSR thread.

I'm loving all the new pictures! Keep em coming!

Oh, one question! I have a breakfast ADR over at Boma during my Sept/Oct trip. Does anyone know how much a taxi would be over to AKL from CSR? Thanks!
I agree - Kathy certainly deserves the trip!

CSR to AKL (although we did it in reverse after dinner at Jiko) is about $10-15, including tip.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #158
ksc37
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWfanNY View Post

I would like to be close to the Dig Site but also not to far from the Pepper Market.

Your situation sounds like mine... we are staying at CSR for the first time (8/29 - 9/5), have 2 boys (ages 6 and 8) and want to be close to the Dig Site, and not too, too far from the Pepper Market/Main building.

Based on my research, I've requested building 8A in the Cabanas, because it is very close to both the dig site and bus stop. The Pepper Market looks to be reasonably close, also. I prioritized the distance to the main pool over the Pepper Market, because I know we'll be at the pool daily if the weather cooperates.

2014-CSR, 2013-POR, 2012 - POR, 2011-WL/Dream/BW, 2010- Beach Club, 2009-CSR, 2008-AKL Concierge, 2007-CR 14th Floor/Wonder, 2006-CBR, 2006-AKL, 2005-ASMovies & GF Sugar Loaf, 2005-WL, 2004-Poly, 2004-AKL, 2002-POR, 2000-BC, 1999-ASMovies, 1998-PO, 1997-CBR, 1996-WL, 1993-Dixie Landings, 1986-offsite, 1985-CR 14th Floor, 1984-offsite, 1980-offsite, 1976-offsite
Old 07-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #159
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
I agree - Kathy certainly deserves the trip!

CSR to AKL (although we did it in reverse after dinner at Jiko) is about $10-15, including tip.
Thanks! That's cheap enough! Looks like I'll be taking a taxi that morning. Are there usually some sitting around outside the main building or would I need for the resort to call for one?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #160
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWfanNY View Post

to the DIS! We stayed in Cabanas 9A in May with DD10 and DD6. Short walk to the Dig Site, short walk to El Centro and the bus stop. My kids LOVED the slide - it was hard to get them to go back to the parks!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #161
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Ugh...

I just noticed there is a convention with our exact dates in Sept.

We have never stayed before, mostly because we are a family of five. After trying to squeeze us all in at POR, we have been spoiled by deluxe resorts.

This is the 1st trip for DH and I w/o the kids for our 20th anniv. I must admit, i am not thrilled with the size of the resort (one of the other reasons we didn't like POR) but i was starting to get excited by the look of the new rooms and just being alone with DHthen i read about the convention.

How will this likely affect our stay? I really like the look of the Casitas and would love a room there.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #162
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
I just noticed there is a convention with our exact dates in Sept.

We have never stayed before, mostly because we are a family of five. After trying to squeeze us all in at POR, we have been spoiled by deluxe resorts.

This is the 1st trip for DH and I w/o the kids for our 20th anniv. I must admit, i am not thrilled with the size of the resort (one of the other reasons we didn't like POR) but i was starting to get excited by the look of the new rooms and just being alone with DHthen i read about the convention.

How will this likely affect our stay? I really like the look of the Casitas and would love a room there.
First, happy 20th anniversary. We spent our 25th anniversary at the CSR and loved every minute of it. We have stayed at the CSR seven times and there has been a convention every single visit we've been there (if not two overlapping conventions). We have NEVER had an issue with the convention people, no issue with crowds, etc. We have always--all seven stays--been in the Casitas. I think you will be fine.

RIP Genie
Old 07-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #163
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Business Center Charges at the CSR:

Ikon Business Center at CSR:

In the business center, the use of the computers is free for the first 4 minutes of use. You can use one of 6 computers to access the internet to check in with your airlines. To print your boarding passes, it's a $1.00 per page or you can then go to any CM at the front desk or concierge desk and they will print them for free. Cost to use the computers after the initial 4 minutes is listed below. The business center is open from 7:00am to 7:00pm daily.

If you ship packages to the resort for your trip, packages that arrive via UPS or Fedex will be subject to the charges below. If your package arrives via USPS, they will not be subject to the charges.

Guest Parcel Services (Parcel Handling Fees)
* Envelope $3.00
* Small Box $3.00 (up to 4 lbs)
* Medium Box $5.00 (5-20 lbs)
* Large Box $10.00 (21-70 lbs)
* Golf Club $10.00
* Display Cases $15.00
* Pallets $70.00 (per 100 lbs)

Computer Use
* 10 minutes $6.00
* 15 minutes $7.00
* 20 minutes $9.00
* 1 hour $20.00

Wireless Internet Access
(Valid only for access within the business center)
* 4 hours $3.95
* 8 hours $6.95

Outgoing Faxes
* Domestic, 1st page $5.00
* Additional pages $3.00
* International, 1st page $8.00
* Additional pages $4.00

RIP Genie
Old 07-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #164
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Business Center Charges at the CSR:

Ikon Business Center at CSR:

In the business center, the use of the computers is free for the first 4 minutes of use. You can use one of 6 computers to access the internet to check in with your airlines. To print your boarding passes, it's a $1.00 per page or you can then go to any CM at the front desk or concierge desk and they will print them for free. Cost to use the computers after the initial 4 minutes is listed below. The business center is open from 7:00am to 7:00pm daily.

If you ship packages to the resort for your trip, packages that arrive via UPS or Fedex will be subject to the charges below. If your package arrives via USPS, they will not be subject to the charges.

Guest Parcel Services (Parcel Handling Fees)
* Envelope $3.00
* Small Box $3.00 (up to 4 lbs)
* Medium Box $5.00 (5-20 lbs)
* Large Box $10.00 (21-70 lbs)
* Golf Club $10.00
* Display Cases $15.00
* Pallets $70.00 (per 100 lbs)

Computer Use
* 10 minutes $6.00
* 15 minutes $7.00
* 20 minutes $9.00
* 1 hour $20.00

Wireless Internet Access
(Valid only for access within the business center)
* 4 hours $3.95
* 8 hours $6.95

Outgoing Faxes
* Domestic, 1st page $5.00
* Additional pages $3.00
* International, 1st page $8.00
* Additional pages $4.00
Thanks for posting the Katmark I was going to get a 24 bottle case of mineral water shipped - how much would the handling fee cost?
Old 07-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #165
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
First, happy 20th anniversary. We spent our 25th anniversary at the CSR and loved every minute of it. We have stayed at the CSR seven times and there has been a convention every single visit we've been there (if not two overlapping conventions). We have NEVER had an issue with the convention people, no issue with crowds, etc. We have always--all seven stays--been in the Casitas. I think you will be fine.
Awesome news...thanks a bunch for the congrats. Looking forward to some alone time with DH.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: