Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 02:35 PM   #1501
Sorcerer Fan
Yes, I am a LOCAL, deal with it ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuches View Post
I've noticed a few post's about bus stop #2. Is this an express bus to the parks or something? I was going to request Cabana 9b (close to main building, dig site and a bus stop) or any of the Cabana's but wondering if Casitas are a better location. We want to be close to the action, bus stops, breakfast area and dig site. I know I read here that if there is a convention 9b is usually for the convention goers but was going to try anyway (there is a seminar the week we are there 9/13-9/19) Any advice is helpful. I have to admit I am so addicted to DIS boards!!!!

Wish I knew about this site for last years trip!!!! Who knew there was so much more to learn ?

Tina
Stop #2 is not an "express" bus, it doesn't get you to the parks any faster, it's just the first stopped picked up going to the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymath View Post
We just got back and stayed in Cabana 9B (there was a convention while we were there, but apparently the convention people did not opt to book Cabana 9B so it was available to regular guests). It was a GREAT location as far as nearness to the Dig Site, the Cabanas quiet pool, El Centro (gift shop and restaurants), and Bus Stop 1. Even though Bus Stop 1 is the last pickup and dropoff spot for the parks, we never had to stand and it is literally steps from Cabana 9B. Bus Stop 1 is the first pickup/dropoff for Downtown Disney buses.
We've used every bus stop, except #3 (haven't stayed in the Ranchos yet) and we found them all quite "doable".... Actually, when PI was still open, we quite liked being dropped off first at stop #1
CSR: 2009- May, Sept, Oct Dec... 2008- Aug, Sept... 2007- Oct... 2006- May, Dec... 2005- Oct... 2004-Sept... 2003- Sept... 2002- Dec... 2001- May... 2000-June... and a few more that I can't seem to remember at the moment.... CBR: 1997- Aug... 1996- Aug (Honeymoon) Off Site: Bonnet Creek.... MIL owns there and a gazillion "day trips"
Old 08-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #1502
Talock
Getting there is half the fun.

[QUOTE=princessmom29;33303989]I think she means rope drop as in park opening...QUOTE]

Got it!...arriving at the hotel before rope down time at the parks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #1503
MissMichelle
DIS Veteran

Here now!!! So far everything has been great (as always---its CSR!!)

There seemed to be some changes at the Pepper Market (no more fajitas, no meus when you are seated...things like that). Resort is gorgeous as always. I went to the business center to see if a package had arrived for me (my air card to get online that I forgot at home). It had, but they charge a $3 handling fee for you to pick it up. Which is fine I was just surprised.

We did see ONE issue so far with the buses...which didn't seem at all to be a CSR issue. Yesterday when we were headed to Blizzard Beach we alked to bus stop #1 after breakfast and saw the LARGEST mob we have ever seen at a resort bus stop...THe commotion translated to NO Epcot busses coming for over an hour. One guy was visibly mad and complaining. They had people working on it including a manager. Within moments of us showing up so did 5 (yup 5) Epcot busses to clear the crowd. OUCH.

We swam yesterday in a down pour...it was wonderful

I got my room request (Casitas 4) but the rest of our travel party was placed on the back of the building..Hard when all the kids are split up but its ok.

OK thats all to report right now We are headed to DTD and dinner at Raglan Road....any questions I'll try and check back. I'll also be reporting on my LIVE report below .
Old 08-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #1504
ninecrayons
DIS Veteran

I am very excited to see this great thread! I love the pics of the Coronado.

Some friends and I are presently planning a trip for my birthday weekend/MNSSHP.

The pool at the CSR looks great. I'm curious though, does the pool have one of those walk-in type areas? Where you can just walk into the pool from the walkway? I know the pools at the GF and Poly do, but couldn't tell from the pics posted here.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #1505
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Can anyone tell me if the new rooms have down in them? i.e. down pillows or down comforters? I just want to know if i should request foam pillows ahead of time!

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #1506
grumpysmrs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymath View Post
I'm not Talock, but we just returned on the 22 and ate quite a few times at the PM. Below is a copy of a post I made a few days ago on the Dining Reviews board. The link to the original thread is http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2265290

We just returned from our first stay at CSR (from Aug 16 thru Aug 22) and ate at the Pepper Market pretty much every day of the trip. Based on info and reports from here on the DIS, I went in with VERY LOW expectations of PM ... so low, in fact, that I had back up plans for most days. Thankfully, I didn't need them!

My parents and I were quite happy with the food and service at the PM. The CMs were all quite friendly and helpful. The area was clean. Service was a bit slow at times, but usually only if there was a line up and they were preparing things like omelets as you ordered. The menu items were a bit pricey, but we were on the dining plan so this was not a concern for us. I have to also say that it was nice to eat with steel cutlery off of china plates as opposed to paper and plastic.

The food was good. A step above most QS I would say - which is somewhat surprising since our trip was during Free Dining and many reports indicate that food quality suffers at this time of the year. At various times on the trip we tried: the chicken quasidilla - yum, the philly cheesesteak - very good, the french toast - very good, the ham and cheese omelet - good, the southwestern omelet - so good, the breakfast platter - dad had this almost every day, the grilled flank steak - good, the steak ranchero - yum yum, the chicken club - wow (and they made it for me to go during breakfast hours) and various pastries (pecan danish, cinnamon bun, oreo cake, apple muffin, banana muffin, biscuit).

If we were staying at the CSR, I would not hesitate to eat at the PM again. I don't think I would make a special trip to the CSR just for the PM - but then, I don't think I would make a special trip to any WDW resort just for a QS meal.
Hmmm Flank steak instead of Rib eye. Oh well...At least the reports are getting better. Kids will be happy they loved PM last year.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #1507
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMichelle View Post
Here now!!! So far everything has been great (as always---its CSR!!)

There seemed to be some changes at the Pepper Market (no more fajitas, no meus when you are seated...things like that).

what? Noooooo!

Chicken fajitas are my favorite food, and after everyone saying such good things about them at PM, I was excited to try them on our first night there.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 08-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #1508
Sorcerer Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninecrayons View Post
I am very excited to see this great thread! I love the pics of the Coronado.

Some friends and I are presently planning a trip for my birthday weekend/MNSSHP.

The pool at the CSR looks great. I'm curious though, does the pool have one of those walk-in type areas? Where you can just walk into the pool from the walkway? I know the pools at the GF and Poly do, but couldn't tell from the pics posted here.

No, it's not a zero-entry pool
CSR: 2009- May, Sept, Oct Dec... 2008- Aug, Sept... 2007- Oct... 2006- May, Dec... 2005- Oct... 2004-Sept... 2003- Sept... 2002- Dec... 2001- May... 2000-June... and a few more that I can't seem to remember at the moment.... CBR: 1997- Aug... 1996- Aug (Honeymoon) Off Site: Bonnet Creek.... MIL owns there and a gazillion "day trips"
Old 08-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #1509
Sorcerer Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post
Can anyone tell me if the new rooms have down in them? i.e. down pillows or down comforters? I just want to know if i should request foam pillows ahead of time!

To my knowledge all bedding is synthetic.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #1510
Ktharee
Love the Mouse!

Shipping down a package

I plan on shipping a package down in advance of our arrival for my daughter. Where will it be waiting for us? I read a previous poster had to go to the business center to pick up a package. Is this correct? Or will it be waiting at the desk? Also, we are using Orlando Strollers and having a stroller delivered and waiting for us. Where would that be? Thanks for any info!

1978 Offsite • 1983 Contemporary • 1990 Caribbean Beach • 1992 Offsite • 1999 Caribbean Beach
2001 • Contemporary • 2002 Disneyland • 2005 Disneyland • 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter • 2007 Disneyland • 2008 Polynesian • 2008 Disneyland
• 2009 Coronado Springs • 2010 Disneyland • 2010 MVMCP offsite

2009 Free Dining at Coronado Springs Trip Report

Old 08-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #1511
Sorcerer Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktharee View Post
I plan on shipping a package down in advance of our arrival for my daughter. Where will it be waiting for us? I read a previous poster had to go to the business center to pick up a package. Is this correct? Or will it be waiting at the desk? Also, we are using Orlando Strollers and having a stroller delivered and waiting for us. Where would that be? Thanks for any info!
Your package will be at the Business Center, front desk staff can direct you to it's location.
Not sure about the stroller, I would imagine it depends on what kind of "relationship" Orlando Strollers has with Disney
Old 08-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #1512
Talock
Getting there is half the fun.

Quote:
I ordered two things I wanted there waiting for me when I arrived. One of them came in a small padded envelope, and was handed to me at the front desk when I checked-in (no charge). The other however, I had to pick-up at the Business Center since it was a small box, and there was a $3.00 handling charge.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #1513
Ktharee
Love the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer Fan View Post
Your package will be at the Business Center, front desk staff can direct you to it's location.
Not sure about the stroller, I would imagine it depends on what kind of "relationship" Orlando Strollers has with Disney
Thank you! Is the business center far from the check in location? I will contact Orlando Strollers and ask them where it will be waiting for us.

1978 Offsite • 1983 Contemporary • 1990 Caribbean Beach • 1992 Offsite • 1999 Caribbean Beach
2001 • Contemporary • 2002 Disneyland • 2005 Disneyland • 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter • 2007 Disneyland • 2008 Polynesian • 2008 Disneyland

Old 08-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #1514
Sorcerer Fan

Quote:
Thank you! Is the business center far from the check in location? I will contact Orlando Strollers and ask them where it will be waiting for us.
The Business Center is located in the main building.
here's the link for more information on charges and such
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=163
Old 08-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #1515
Ktharee
Love the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talock View Post
I ordered two things I wanted there waiting for me when I arrived. One of them came in a small padded envelope, and was handed to me at the front desk when I checked-in (no charge). The other however, I had to pick-up at the Business Center since it was a small box, and there was a $3.00 handling charge.
Thanks for the info!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: