Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #136
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I can help a bit on the toiletries. I stayed at POFQ last October, it was right after they switched all the toiletries. I wasn't happy. I have long hair and a shampoo/conditioner combo makes my hair really ratty. I'm really excited that CSR still has separate shampoo & conditioner. It's still the same kind of product, I believe H2O, so it's good product, just separate instead of combined.

If it's changed, trust me, you'll hear it from me in about 15 days
Old 07-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #137
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

I have something to add. Hubby and I enjoyed CSR during the Christmas Season. It was absolutely beautiful at this resort during that time.
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #138
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Kat,
Just wanted to say you did a great job on this new FAQ thread . There is a chance my DH and I might stay here for 10th Anniversary in December for a few nights without the kids . I love the new rooms they look very deluxe and Queen beds is a plus too. Also have heard they have good bus service here The only thing is it will be when pop warner is there and that worries me a bit. We can't do deluxe since it's and extra trip and no way to a value since pop will be in those too. It's our Anniversary so a moderate it is. We like CBR since that is the only mod we stayed in but don't think a nemo room will be good for a stay without kids. So we are down to CSR or POFQ. I'm not a huge fan of the PM (ate there in October) but for a short trip well probably only go there for a quick breakfast. Love the new thread.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #139
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Kat,
Just wanted to say you did a great job on this new FAQ thread . There is a chance my DH and I might stay here for 10th Anniversary in December for a few nights without the kids . I love the new rooms they look very deluxe and Queen beds is a plus too. Also have heard they have good bus service here The only thing is it will be when pop warner is there and that worries me a bit. We can't do deluxe since it's and extra trip and no way to a value since pop will be in those too. It's our Anniversary so a moderate it is. We like CBR since that is the only mod we stayed in but don't think a nemo room will be good for a stay without kids. So we are down to CSR or POFQ. I'm not a huge fan of the PM (ate there in October) but for a short trip well probably only go there for a quick breakfast. Love the new thread.
Thank you so much...I really appreciate it. We've never stayed with Pop Warner at Disney, however, we have traveled with youth football when our son played (in the Bill George league and the Pop Warner league). I truly do believe that it is not the kids so much as it is the lack of "chaperone supervision". All I can tell you about the CSR is that I've been told they are keeping "ALL" of the Pop Warner kids/families in the Ranchos section of the resort. I don't know if this helps or not. I think POFQ would be ideal for an anniversary trip as well. We've not stayed, but it is the moderate we would choose if CSR was not available.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #140
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thank you so much...I really appreciate it. We've never stayed with Pop Warner at Disney, however, we have traveled with youth football when our son played (in the Bill George league and the Pop Warner league). I truly do believe that it is not the kids so much as it is the lack of "chaperone supervision". All I can tell you about the CSR is that I've been told they are keeping "ALL" of the Pop Warner kids/families in the Ranchos section of the resort. I don't know if this helps or not. I think POFQ would be ideal for an anniversary trip as well. We've not stayed, but it is the moderate we would choose if CSR was not available.
Thanks for the info. We would ask for Cabana's or castita's then. If they really put all of pop in Rancho's it should be fine as far as noise. I agree lack of supervision is a problem. I have read the horror stories about this particular group. I'm sure some of the kid/school groups are fine though. We would check in late December 3rd and check out on the 6th. I looked at pics of POFQ but it really doesn't do anything for me, especially the rooms. Thanks again .
Old 07-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #141
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Thanks for the info. We would ask for Cabana's or castita's then. If they really put all of pop in Rancho's it should be fine as far as noise. I agree lack of supervision is a problem. I have read the horror stories about this particular group. I'm sure some of the kid/school groups are fine though. We would check in late December 3rd and check out on the 6th. I looked at pics of POFQ but it really doesn't do anything for me, especially the rooms. Thanks again .

I think you'd be fine then. They'll only be there one day of your visit. And if there were a problem, I'd be on the horn to management immediately. I'm still shocked with the total rehab that they are even having them there. Let me know what you decide...and Happy Anniversary early!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #142
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Picture's from the trip "that's nice" and his beautiful family took--including the adopted "CSR" poster girl, Juliana:

Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 PM   #143
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Regarding the toiletries provided... We stayed there July 4-11 and did not have shower gel provided and that looks like what is sitting on the counter in this picture. We had 3 bottles - shampoo, conditioner, & lotion. What is the long, white rectangular thing in front of the bottles on the tray? Whatever it is, we didn't have one either.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

Old 07-20-2009, 10:24 PM   #144
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareed View Post
Regarding the toiletries provided... We stayed there July 4-11 and did not have shower gel provided and that looks like what is sitting on the counter in this picture. We had 3 bottles - shampoo, conditioner, & lotion. What is the long, white rectangular thing in front of the bottles on the tray? Whatever it is, we didn't have one either.
A toothbrush is the long, white rectangular thing. This picture was taken in a Club room. When we had a suite, we did get the toothbrush. We also got shower gel and sun gel. I think taht might just be in the suites an the club rooms.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #145
eryn3517
Earning My Ears

Adjoining rooms

Hi, I'll be traveling next June with DH, ds5, dd7, and DHs parents. We stayed at SSR a few years ago in a 2br villa, but since CSR has queens, I've suggested we stay there, and get adjoining rooms. Will that be difficult to swing, or do most rooms have that as an option already? If I can't be fairly sure, I think MIL will just want to go to SSR again.

Thanks for the info you all are sharing, it's been very helpful!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #146
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

Hi Kat! AWESOME SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got over here to check it out, man, you guys work fast! how many pages already? And you thought you were going to have to pass the time until your upcoming trip......looks like you have a new job fOR CSR It really is beautiful, isn't it?
again, great job, and truly appreciated

Pam
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #147
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I just wanted to add my kudos to Kathy for doing the new FAQ thread. Great job!

And I'll add a couple of my favorite CSR pics, as well!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #148
mmtska
I dreamed of a wish and it came true!

Location: 15 minutes from Disney, but my home will always be in Pittsburgh!

Yay Kathy! This is such a great thread! I'm so happy that you started it! I'll throw some pics up later if I can. Thank you again for being such a positive influence-I can't wait to get back to the CSR!

No trips planned for now....just the odd day at the parks whenever I want
Feeling hot, hot, HOT 7/11 PTR
The Attack of the Lime green Mickey Heads
Old 07-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #149
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I am really loving all these CSR pics! It's BEAUTIFUL!

I vaguely remember reading on the DIS at some point that CSR had different coffee - not Nescafe. I think it was an Italian blend of some sort...

Is that true?

Oh, please say it's true...pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-21-2009, 01:33 AM   #150
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I just found this NEW CSR thread... and saw Juliana!!!! LOL

Great job Kathy!!!!!

I'll be following and hope I will be able to answer some questions too!!!! (that's if you don't answer them first!!!!!)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: