Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Pickle part II

Howdy folks! This is a continuation of a thread that was recently closed for going off topic. Off topic 'round here?! No way!! The topic started out with me being in a pickle trying to decide between three resorts which ended up with me booking a split stay at two totally different resorts! Ya, I have decision making issues. Sigh. Then another pickle popped up about dining plan or not to dining plan. I leave in two weeks and still don't have a clue. I've got some pile of ressies made though.

This thread is also being started to plan a possible girls only trip with some friends that have met on the DIS boards. They should be showing up soon. Gee... I hope they show up and don't leave me here talking all by muhself.

Feel free to jump in and post. We are a crazy bunch and are here to have some good laughs and share our love for everything Mickey. We can do that here, right?

Oh. My name is Tracy and yes, I am crazy.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Christine, signing on!!! Tracy, I am SOO happy you started the Pickle II thread!

14 days and you'll be havin' fun with Mickey & Minnie (I am so jealous). Let's finish your dining plans.

I'll take on the planning of the possible Girls Trip and will get to asking about possible times once our friends have joined us - Janet will not be back until Sunday, but I might call her.

Let the fun continue!!!

(p.s. thunderstorm here, so may have to sign off for a bit)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Here I am. I won't leave you alone...I promised you I would ALWAYS be here. So, where are we with the dining ressies? We need an updated list because I'm so lost with what you made, wanted to make, couldn't make, etc. And I still LOVE the idea of a girls only trip.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Oops...forgot to list my name...although I think everyone knows it -- Kathy. And did I tell you I am pulling my hair out starting this new CSR FAQ Thread--it is a LOT of work.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Phew. Ya'll didn't leave me hanging.

So uh, dining ressies you ask? One sec.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #6
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

We're waitin'......

Old 07-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oops...forgot to list my name...although I think everyone knows it -- Kathy. And did I tell you I am pulling my hair out starting this new CSR FAQ Thread--it is a LOT of work.
Don't do that! You might end up wearing the coveted Dumbo, er, Eeyore ears!!
Old 07-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvvsMickey View Post
Don't do that! You might end up wearing the coveted Dumbo, er, Eeyore ears!!
The way I feel with this new thread I think I AM DUMBO! And we're waiting....patiently...NOT.

Okay, I'm running to Starbucks--I need my Frappucino fix. I'll be back in 15 minutes! I hope by then those dining ADR's are posted.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Okay. Here's muh ressies.

Raglan Road - dinner
Sci-Fi - lunch
50's Primetime - dinner
Chef Mickeys - breakfast
Narcoossees (twice) - dinner
Kona (three times) - breakfast
Coral Reef - lunch
Le Cellier - dinner
'Ohanas - breakfast. I will get that darned dinner ressie if it kills me!!
Crystal Palace - lunch
Flying Fish - dinner
Planet Hollywood - lunch and probably Fultons' for supper just because
Hoop dee doo is a maybe...
Old 07-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #10
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Fabulous list!!!!

Have you read the reviews of Raglan Road? Some recent ones are not so great, but if it is a place you really want to try then I say go for it..after all, everyone has a different experience!

As odd as it seems, I enjoyed Ohana's much more for breakfast than dinner. Did not like the dinner food so much, but could eat all the breakfast food..and it was quieter. At dinner all the kidlets were playing games and they had them going all through the dining room...I preferred a quieter meal..and my friend is not fond of children so she never smiled once!!!

You will have so much fun, Tracy!!!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 07-17-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Hi Pickles!
I'm checking in!!!! Crazy as ever!!!
Thanks for re-starting us here!!!
Kathy, good luck with the new thread...the only things I know about CSR I've learned from you, but If I can be of any assistance, let me know!

Tracy, Awesome ADR's
I LOVE Kona too...3x!!! Wow! We had one of our best lunches there...bck before the dining plan...walked in and got a table...DELICIOUS. I love it for breakfast too! yummy coffee and the macadamia nut pancakes are to die for!
Everyone raves about Tonga Toast too, but I'm not a banana fan.

Did you decide to keep the QSDP for CSR and do Deluxe at Poly? or have those plans changed?
Old 07-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #12
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Fabulous list!!!!

Have you read the reviews of Raglan Road? Some recent ones are not so great, but if it is a place you really want to try then I say go for it..after all, everyone has a different experience!

As odd as it seems, I enjoyed Ohana's much more for breakfast than dinner. Did not like the dinner food so much, but could eat all the breakfast food..and it was quieter. At dinner all the kidlets were playing games and they had them going all through the dining room...I preferred a quieter meal..and my friend is not fond of children so she never smiled once!!!

You will have so much fun, Tracy!!!
It was my BFF who told us about it actually. They ate there in May and loved it. We are only going in honour of Mark's foster father who was from Ireland.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
Hi Pickles!
I'm checking in!!!! Crazy as ever!!!
Thanks for re-starting us here!!!
Kathy, good luck with the new thread...the only things I know about CSR I've learned from you, but If I can be of any assistance, let me know!

Tracy, Awesome ADR's
I LOVE Kona too...3x!!! Wow! We had one of our best lunches there...bck before the dining plan...walked in and got a table...DELICIOUS. I love it for breakfast too! yummy coffee and the macadamia nut pancakes are to die for!
Everyone raves about Tonga Toast too, but I'm not a banana fan.

Did you decide to keep the QSDP for CSR and do Deluxe at Poly? or have those plans changed?
I don't have any plans.

The decision is to be made tonight! Yay. But, yes, that is probably what I am going to go with unless I knock of some ressies and just go basic dining for the entire 10 days.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #14
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
It was my BFF who told us about it actually. They ate there in May and loved it. We are only going in honour of Mark's foster father who was from Ireland.
that is really cool. I was looking at the menu for there the other day, and it looks pretty good.
My heart is still set on Lecellier, but if I can't get it, I'm looking for backups in the Epcot area.
Quote:
I don't have any plans.

The decision is to be made tonight! Yay. But, yes, that is probably what I am going to go with unless I knock of some ressies and just go basic dining for the entire 10 days.
I'm shocked you haven't made up your mind yet. (since there is no super sarcastic smiley, those will have to do)
Old 07-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #15
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran

I know, I am pathetic. *hangs head in shame*

I get to go to Rotten Ronnies, er, McDonald's with the kidlets now. Don't be jealous!! Hopefully they will let me come back home in an hour. Hopefully.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: