Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #91
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana2tots View Post
I added you on gonetoosoon
I have a memorial for my son damien as well feel free to light candles for us too

I Love You
pfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #92
Jenvenza
Ratted out her husband's lack of pony knowledge for a tag!

Thinking about you today. I hope you are well and feeling stronger.
Jenvenza is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #93
pfishgirl

It's been a while since I have been here

I continue to grieve my son as I miss him so so so much I still can not believe he is gone and I would do anything to change back the clock 6 months but I know that is an impossible dream

My life at home just keeps getting worse, but I need to be strong and move on, and I need to worry about me now.. It's very different because my son and my husband always came first.. and Now to put myself first seems very strange to me but I have no choice now

I Love You
Old 11-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #94
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Stacy, sending you prayers.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #95
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
It's been a while since I have been here

I continue to grieve my son as I miss him so so so much I still can not believe he is gone and I would do anything to change back the clock 6 months but I know that is an impossible dream

My life at home just keeps getting worse, but I need to be strong and move on, and I need to worry about me now.. It's very different because my son and my husband always came first.. and Now to put myself first seems very strange to me but I have no choice now

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #96
pfishgirl

Thank You for everyone's constant hugs and support
It is greatly appreciated

I Love You
Old 11-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #97
MinnyGranny62
If I did the beach would be rolling in laughter
I would be so empty without the mouse

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Shirley
Old 11-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #98
pfishgirl

Ready to finally tell the news.... Still hoping on a miracle and hanging by a thread it will change..

We are heading down to Florida for a few days.. but not for anything good.. I will be cleaning out my stuff from "Our Dream Home" "Our Future Retirement Home" the home, I just finished decorating..

My husband and I will be divorcing. He has been having an affair with our son's Best Friend for a few months now. I'm beyond devastated, shocked and was blindsided by this. She just turned 20 He will be 40 in January..

I treated her like a daughter.. I can not believe she can do this to me. She knew my husband was hurting because we both talked to her when we took her and our son's other Best Friend to Disney for 2 weeks in the summer to give them a break from dealing with things before school started again.. He told us how he was hurting and felt lost.. And she totally took advantage of the situation for herself.. I don't get it.. She doesn't feel an ounce of guilt, remorse or anything.. She even went with me to a Support Group meeting for Grieving parents..

How do you sleep with your best friend's father and break up your best friend's parents marriage??

He wasn't even gone 6 months when the affair started..

And same for my Husband.. How do you sleep with your son's best friend, a girl he took to Sr prom? and someone who is young enough to be his daughter..

He says they are in love and are planning their future together

Why is it everyone else deserves happiness but me? What did I do to deserve all this pain, hurting, and devastation??

He never once said he was unhappy!!! He said the opposite.. Said he felt closer then ever to me.. I was getting flowers once a week right up until the day I forced him to confess..

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I Love You
Old 11-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #99
dee47

"I can't unleash my full potential in a two page summary."

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Stacy, I am so sorry! You might want to look at it as temporary insanity after your son's death. It is almost like his way of having part of your son back...NOT that I am justifying his action AT ALL, but it can (and has) happened before. It doesn't lessen the pain but believe me it won't last and in the long run, because you are the one who is dealing with your emotions and he isn't happiness will be yours. What will be his I don't know but I've seen some pretty serious karma come around before...

Please never think you won't be happy again. Your husband's affair has nothing to do with happiness and everything to do with desperation and denial.

We are here for you. In lieu of a real hug, I'm sending you lots of Please PM me if you need a shoulder to cry on.

Hang in there. We're all rooting for you!

dee47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #100
MAKHayes-DisneyDiva
DIS Veteran

Stacy -
I'm so sorry for all you have been going through. I am praying for some peace for you with both the loss of your son and your husband's bone-head choice.
I also lost my son, 6 years ago. He was 18 months old, and I miss him every day. Somehow my husband and I have been able to get through this sad time together. It wasn't/isn't always easy, and there were times when we expressed our grief very differently. We had to be patient with each other, and learned to overlook some of the bad choices each of us made while coping and struggling to hang on to what was left of the lives we knew.
Is there any chance that your husband will snap out of it, and if he does, will you want to try to work through this? You have some tough times ahead, but after reading this thread it is obvious that you are a very strong woman.
My prayers are with you, and even with your husband.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #101
ndloewen
Mouseketeer

Oh Stacy,

I wish I knew what to say. I am so very, very sorry.

I was shocked and so very saddened to read this. I am so, so sorry that your husband has made such poor choices. As a grieving mother myself, I know that this is the very last thing you need.

Many prayers for you and your family.

Noah's Journey

Noah's Wish Trip Feb 24 - March 10
ndloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #102
pfishgirl

Thank You..

He left Florida today to head back to NJ with my stuff. him & a friend are driving. I leave tomorrow morning. I'm flying. Now I wish I would of booked it for today cause I don't want to be here. I feel lonelier then ever. Knowing this was the last time my Husband & I will ever take a trip, or be in "our" house together here in Florida.

Yesterday, he did give me a little happiness. We went downtown for dinner at Rain Forest Cafe. Then to the Grand Floridian to see the Christmas decoration and to see the Gingerbread house. He bought me a Gingerbread man and a shingle, but he also bought one of each for his Girlfriend to surprise her. And he wouldn't eat one with me when I asked. He is saving it to do with Her I suppose.

Which I really don't understand because in 2 weeks he is taking her to stay here in "Our" Home and in "Our" bedroom and to Disney for the weekend. He is taking her to see the Osbourne lights.

I Love You
Old 11-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #103
DisneyFairytale
DIS Veteran

That is such a sad story. You sound like a very tough lady. It sounds like he likely went very quickly, which hopefully brings some peace to you and your husband.
I can only imagine what you are going thru, an it touches me that much more to have read this, as I am also an EMT in our home town.

I have nou doubt in my mind, that he is watching over you both. I send you all my love and prayers to you and your husband.
DisneyFairytale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #104
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

OMG Stacey - I just happended over here and read you latest entry. I agree that in some strange/sick way, he is still trying to deal with your loss but this is no way to handle it. I myself (having gone through it) can never understand how someone can willingly have an affair with a married man. And for her to know you personally is just wrong.

I hate to see that you now have this to deal with along with the loss of your son. I know you feel like you are losing everything you held dear. You will get through this and I truly believe that you will find happiness again. In the meantime -
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:16 PM   #105
pfishgirl

Thank You

I Love You

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: