Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #76
IceSk8ersMom
DIS Veteran

Stacy,

I know you are leaving tomorrow for your cruise. It will be a difficult journey for you, but you are not alone. I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Have a safe and peaceful trip.

Lisa
Old 09-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #77
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Stacey, I too, will be thinking of you most especially these next days. Take gentle care... there may be many mixed emotions, but am praying there will be happy memories as well. God bless.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #78
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Back in NJ

We had some ups and downs as expected while on the Magic, but it was a nice relief in a way at Castaway..

DH & I are feeling a little bit better but of course we came home with Colds

I Love You
pfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #79
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
Back in NJ

We had some ups and downs as expected while on the Magic, but it was a nice relief in a way at Castaway..

DH & I are feeling a little bit better but of course we came home with Colds
Welcome home dear niece Stacy. Sorry we missed you on 9/10 on our way back to the airport. Also sorry that you had another death in the family. I went to Uncle Alan's wake in the afternoon on Sunday. I got to see your in-laws before they flew back to Colorado on Monday. Hope DH got to see his folks before they went back.
Love you...

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #80
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes99 View Post
Welcome home dear niece Stacy. Sorry we missed you on 9/10 on our way back to the airport. Also sorry that you had another death in the family. I went to Uncle Alan's wake in the afternoon on Sunday. I got to see your in-laws before they flew back to Colorado on Monday. Hope DH got to see his folks before they went back.
Love you...
Thank You.. Andy missed Mom and Dad by like 10 minutes. He went to the brunch after the funeral and sat with Grandma & Grandpa.

I Love You
Old 09-25-2009, 01:06 AM   #81
TheDisneyGirl02
I found my Disney Prince!
Animals that have gone through the taxidermy process scare like nothing else!

I'm glad that Castaway was a nice relief for you.

Hope you are both feeling better.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #82
pfishgirl

Well my world just keeps crashing down harder and harder on me
I am dealing with a bunch more of issues at home on top of still grieving the loss of my son..

I want to just give up

I Love You
Old 10-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #83
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
Well my world just keeps crashing down harder and harder on me
I am dealing with a bunch more of issues at home on top of still grieving the loss of my son..

I want to just give up

Stacy, you can call me to talk any time of night or day.
Aunt Michele

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #84
ndloewen
Mouseketeer

Stacy,

I know there are no words to make things better.

I'm so sorry that this is your reality. Unfortunately, the rest of life keeps on going around you, which really, really sucks. Just wanted you to know you are not alone. Sometimes it is all you can do just to keep on breathing.

One breath at a time.

It's been two months for me. The reality has set in and I can barely stand it. I just focus on one day, sometimes one hour or even just one minute at a time.

Praying

Noah's Journey

Noah's Wish Trip Feb 24 - March 10
ndloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:57 AM   #85
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

First...what a cutie! You can just see it in his eyes, the joy and love of life he had! Shows job well done, mom!!

I have been trying to cry as softly as I can while trying to find some respite from my pain...today, my family (3 kids and dh) drove 2 hours to spend the day with my uncle. Two weeks ago he suffered seizures and has gone downhill since....he's 69, used to play football at Penn State with Mike Ditka, best golfer, outrageously funny, married to my aunt for 39 years...they never had kids so all us nieces and nephews were their children. They actually were the first to see my children before my own parents...always there for major events and we even dragged them along to our beach vacations...playing putt-putt with "Igor" was a highlight in my kids memories. So, today we had to stand by his bedside, pray with him, suction his throat to keep it clear so he could manage what little breathing...he was so hot to the touch, I took his fever and it was still climbing at 103..they've taken him off fluids and ng feedings so it's just a matter of time. I made it all through today without crying..I tried to laugh for my aunt...keep conversations going, hold his hand and let him know we were there (he hasn't opened his eyes in 2 days)....I even managed the ride home really well...but tonight the kids wanted to watch a movie and "Ghost" was playing, I didn't cry through it at all...kissed the kids good night and sat down for a quick review of cruising trip reports (we're taking our first cruise ever next May)....and then I just lost it...I can't cry too loudly b/c my kids will hear...I'm just sick...I feel physical pain and a deep pit that won't go away. I just want to scream, run to my aunt and hold her...then I found this board, your thread popped out and I had to read through your loss to get to a point where I said, "It's going to be okay" Damien's mom is suffering, she's mad as hades, she's plugging on, she has setbacks, she has supporters, she's human....then it dawned on me, I'm not alone....I can not even imagine losing a child....but I feel like I'm losing a father....they were the ones I would go to when I was away at college to wash my laundry, she would always send me out with every bit of change she had b/c she knew being a college student was hard. Always got a birthday card from her...more so than my own mom! I love my parents dearly but they were just pretty busy.
So, you see...your loss helps the rest of us recognize something very important...we can go on, we can live our lives to honor those we've lost...anything short of that and I'm sure we'd get a scolding...I'm here to let you know that just in what I see in Damien's pictures, he does NOT want you to suffer...grieve, grieve, scream, get angry...know your husband's way of grieving may be different than yours...you both may believe the other one is just not getting it, but you'll reach a point of understanding, and I pray it shines on you soon.

Thank you for sharing and thanks for letting me get my silent crying out in this post...I love you Uncle Len!!

Tara

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #86
pfishgirl

Thank You for sharing your stories with me

I Love You
Old 10-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #87
pfishgirl

ugh!!!!!!!!

I miss my son so much and I have so much drama and stress in my life right now I feel lost and confused.. I need his strength

My mind races at night and I can't sleep and I'm so exhausted mentally and physically..

I Love You
Old 10-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #88
nana2tots
2Wild4Disney!Nana's 3 Gurls! our License Tags read, DISNEYKD & disnykd2!!!!!!!
Make no mistake, the Tag Fairies do exist. If you have any doubt, ask Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny!

pfishgirl

I feel what you are feeling, i have been the same way in the past two years, I am having a hard time dealing w/ mine, i can't sleep, eat, i'm mean to everyone and wondering why are they here, when my Daughter can't be, it's Horrible being this way, and there is not a soul out there that can Help me, i tell them if they want to Help, then bring my only child back, i am losing it.
I can't even find any Happiness anymore, i am being a total you know what. Please if you ever want to talk, maybe it would do us both some good, for people that haven't been in our situation, it 's hard on them to show us affection, or give help.
I just hope and Pray that we both and all that are going through something like this, that we find Happiness, Strenght to go on.
your friend
Nana

][/url]
nana2tots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #89
nana2tots
Make no mistake, the Tag Fairies do exist. If you have any doubt, ask Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny!

Plz light a Candle

http://sandi-smithbrooks.gonetoosoon.org/memorial/

][/url]
Old 10-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #90
nana2tots

Memorial

http://sandi-brooksvirtual-memorials...memorials.com/

][/url]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: