Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #196
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Today is such a yuky dreary rainy day out. Its cold and gray and Tuesdays have already been my "bad days" Not sure why, Im guessing because it was the last day I spent with my son, maybe

and Im waiting for the phone company because my phones echo for the first 5 - 10 seconds of any call coming in or going out.

I Love You
pfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #197
Brenle
DIS Veteran

Sorry for your bad day. Hoping tomorrow is better for you.
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #198
JerseyJanice
RIP, Max!

I just saw this thread, as I came over to post about a family tragedy.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Phishgirl. I remember your username from way back in the day. My heart is broken for you. I can't even imagine how awful your pain must be.

My deepest condolences to you.
6/02 Wilderness Lodge
2/08 PO Riverside/Dolphin
8/08, 8/09, 8/10 Pop Century
10/10 All-Stars Music (FWF)
9/11 Coronado Springs Resort (FWF)
6/12 Wilderness Lodge (With Deluxe Dining!)
JerseyJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #199
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJanice View Post
I just saw this thread, as I came over to post about a family tragedy.

I am so very sorry for your loss, Phishgirl. I remember your username from way back in the day. My heart is broken for you. I can't even imagine how awful your pain must be.

My deepest condolences to you.
Thank You so much

I Love You
Old 05-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #200
New2DVC
DVC Pro

Unhappy So so sorry

Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Being a single mom of an only child, a boy 18yo, I especially feel bad for you. I am assuming they are doing an autopsy. The only thing worse than loosing a child would be not knowing why. Perhaps they will have an answer for why it happened. Maybe he had an undiagnosed heart problem. I work in cardiac surgery, and used to work in cardiac surgery at a childrens hospital. It is amazing how many pediatric cardiac disorders there are out there, and many don't surface with well defined symptoms until its a crisis. I am imaging that is what happened to him. Again, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Im sure its quite devastating. Maybe you will at least get an answer why to help with closure. Peace be with you.
New2DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:01 PM   #201
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2DVC View Post
Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine what you must be going through. Being a single mom of an only child, a boy 18yo, I especially feel bad for you. I am assuming they are doing an autopsy. The only thing worse than loosing a child would be not knowing why. Perhaps they will have an answer for why it happened. Maybe he had an undiagnosed heart problem. I work in cardiac surgery, and used to work in cardiac surgery at a childrens hospital. It is amazing how many pediatric cardiac disorders there are out there, and many don't surface with well defined symptoms until its a crisis. I am imaging that is what happened to him. Again, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Im sure its quite devastating. Maybe you will at least get an answer why to help with closure. Peace be with you.
Thank You for your thoughts.. He passed away a year ago, so the autopsy was done already.

and Actually, No, I was left with a lot of unanswered questions.

The autopsy report said Accidental Death, caused by Acute Pulmonary Congestion. His lungs filled with liquid and blood and he suffocated.

Problem with that is...... NO other organs were effected, He wasn't sick with a cold, a flu or even a headache.. Nothing.. Toxicology report affirmed No Drugs, No Alcohol, No Chemicals.. Nothing, not even aspirin..

I Love You
Old 05-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #202
pfishgirl

I came over to check in..
Having a bad few days again..

Missing my son a real lot, since he is not attending the bbq parties we would go to each year. and the trips we would be planning right now for a September DCL cruise with friends and family

I Love You
Old 05-31-2010, 06:51 PM   #203
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
I came over to check in..
Having a bad few days again..

Missing my son a real lot, since he is not attending the bbq parties we would go to each year. and the trips we would be planning right now for a September DCL cruise with friends and family

Hugs Stacy
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #204
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom View Post
Hugs Stacy
Thank You
Its been a rough few days mentally

I Love You
Old 06-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #205
tnkr mom
DIS Veteran

Checking in on you! We are heading to Cape May this summer.
Off Property 80's - All Star Music 90's, Wilderness Lodge '04 - PO Riverside '05, Rosen Center 1/06, All Star Sports 8/06, Animal Kingdom Lodge 3/07, Pop Century 10/08 for MNSSHP; DD March 09 Cheerleading @ Univ Trip, April 2009 DD Senior Class Trip Grad Night! And Lots and Lots of Trips to the Most Magical Place On Earth!
* Always looking for a deal to go back! *
tnkr mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #206
pfishgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkr mom View Post
Checking in on you! We are heading to Cape May this summer.
Ohhh I haven't been to Cape May in Years... Loved It!!

I'm hanging in there
Thank You

Hope all is well with you and yours

I Love You
Old 06-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #207
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer

I can't even possibly imagine what you have been/still are going through. I wish you all the best and every prayer possible. May you find strength in unexpected places and may you continue to have beautiful dreams of your smiling son.

My DS will be 2 on July 16th, and this is truly a worst fear. The day after his first birthday party last year our home was destroyed by a fire. Luckily we weren't home but the fire chief said that if we were, and our son was in his bedroom that there's no way we would've been able to get to him because the fire started in the kitchen, right under his bedroom and was so violent and spread so quickly. That alone makes me ill anytime I think about it and I thank God every single day. Again, I can't imagine what you're going through but I sincerely hope you're as well as can be. Many, many hugs for everyday!! You and your son are very much in my thoughts and prayers.
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
MyMagicKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #208
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

pfishgirl-

Just found this thread. So sorry about your son.

Hope you are having more good days than bad days.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #209
turnerx6
Earning My Ears

so sorry for your loss...

First of all...

Im terribly sorry for this unexpected journey you have been put on. Though I cannot completely understand how you are feeling right now - I can offer my listening ear and support.

My dh and I lost our 5 month old daughter in Oct. 2007. She was our second child...she spent 4 of her 5 months in the hospital with a very rare genetic disorder. The dr's thought she would be just fine - that she would never have any severe problems or delays - that she would just be petite. Unfortunately they were wrong. Our dd was very, very ill. It was so terrible to sit by her bed side every single day - unable to do anything. We couldn't even really hold her without her crying in pain. She spent the last month at home with us, on hospice care. Of course the entire time we prayed for a miracle..but trusted in Gods decision as we knew He loved her even more than we loved her - He created her. She ended up passing away the night before my birthday. I have had a rough time dealing with her death... there are days the pain seems unbearable - like I simply cannot take another breath. On those days I do my best to run to our Lord and also to my husband. If I have learned anything over the past 2 1/2 years it is that everyone grieves differently. We have struggled with our families - and their lack of support. It was like our dd was never here..they never mention her name, have taken most if not all pictures down, etc. This has been so hard. They have gotten mad at us for the way we grieve..and in turn we have gotten mad at them for they way they dont seem to be grieving at all. I think it all comes down to the fact that we all do it differently. I have only seen my dh cry a few times..but I know that he feels he has to be strong for me and our three other kids. I know he misses his baby girl just as much as I do. We used to go to support groups - but no longer do because we dont have a sitter available to watch our other children..so we really feel like we have to deal with it all alone. It has been so trying on our family and our marriage...

I certainly wish I had some good advice for you - or better yet, I wish I could take away all of your pain. I wish NOBODY ever had to walk such a horrible journey like this...unfortunately I cannot do any of this - however I can offer you a shoulder to cry on. Sometimes it just helps to know that you are not the only one hurting..you are not the only one learning to live again. Feel free to send me a message if you want my persnal email. I would love to hear from you...until then, please know that all of us on the Disboards are praying for you and your family!

Many hugs!
Kelly
turnerx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #210
ChipnDaleRule
DIS Veteran

Coming across this thread for the first time really puts everything into prospective.
Just wanted to pass on my heart felt wishes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: