Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
spacemouseneer
Mouseketeer

Ideas For Looking for Airline Deals

Hello everyone,

We are trying to plan a trip for early December. And I have been watching most of the airline prices the last couples months. And of course they have been RISING. Wondering if anyone has any ideas? We are going to be flying out of Seattle. I am checking JetBlue, Alaska, Southwest, Travelocity, CheapAir, and I am a subscriber to airfarewatchdog.com (which is AWESOME, by the way).

Is there anything I am missing? Anyone have any experience from last year? Did prices go down in the latter part of the year? Will they continue to rise?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I NEED to make this work. lol It has been awhile since we have been able to get away.

Spacemouseneer
October 2011 - HoJo
spacemouseneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
krash2501
Mouseketeer

Southwest is always having deals. I just landed a great deal for $30 each way per person from Sacramento to OC. No other airline came even close.

krash2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
disneygirls3
Earning My Ears

We are flying out of Seattle the day after Thanksgiving and just booked our flight on Jet Blue. The best prices we could find and the plus to it is there is no charges for luggage. We have to fly into Long Beach because they don't do the other airports but that is okay. You should check into it. If some reason the prices go down between now and then I can call and they will credit me for any future ticket purchases with them. I have a couple friends that fly with them to Long Beach and they only say good things.

November 2009 DL Hojo Family Suite
disneygirls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:09 AM   #4
Lynzer Torte
Disneyland Lyndsey

I'm also looking for cheap tix but for a Sep. trip.

Southwest announced they're cutting fares but I have yet to see that.
Be sure to sign up for DING alerts through SW too.

Good luck!

DH & I: 3 sons ages 20, 19 & 6. &
Lynzer Torte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:18 AM   #5
disneydance
DIS Veteran

If your flying out of Seattle I would reccomed Alaska Airlines Website!
They normally by experience have the best deal flights and are to John Wayne...
They also are nicer in a lot of ways than Southwest and Jetblue they assign you a seat so theres no worry about seating next to your family which I know is a huge plus for us
I would reccomend looking at Alaska's website for dirrect flights!

Past Trips
~ 1998 Disneyland ~ 2002 Disneyland(Embassy Suites Anaheim South) ~ 2007 Disneyworld(Animal Kingdom Lodge) ~ 2009 Disneyland(Comfort Inn & Suites) ~
disneydance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:20 AM   #6
disneygirls3
Earning My Ears

I heard about Southwest cutting prices and had already booked mine on Jet Blue on Sunday. Oh well. All the flights on Southwest we saw had lay overs and we really didn't want that. Good luck.

November 2009 DL Hojo Family Suite
disneygirls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:04 AM   #7
nerdboyrockstar
Mouseketeer
I want a t-shirt that says "Everything is better at Disneyland"

Sign up for farewatchers on sites like Travelocity. They'll e-mail you when the rate is posted for under the amount you want to pay for the city and destinations you're looking for.

Also, if Spirit flies out of your airport, sign up for their e-mails. They've got really good deals as well.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:43 AM   #8
zukeeper
Wants to live in Disneyland!

I also fly from Seattle and would say hands down, fly Alaska Air into Long Beach nonstop for your best deal. Sometimes (not this time) LAX is a little cheaper, but Long Beach is more low key for me. Also, a taxi from Long Beach will run you only $40 flat rate to DL area hotel for any size family.

There is currently a 15% off promotion through Dukes, check out this site -
http://www.alaskaair.com/as/www2/pro...724E02229M3|||

You are technically supposed to be on the Dukes mailing list to use this promo code. Travel must occur before Dec 15. Airfare is under $200 RT for a nonstop flight which is very good.

9 visits to Disney resorts/ships and counting!
1st trip to Disneyland in 1972!
zukeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
bluegrizzlies1
The crab was there and then it was gone
We did it once and loved it

did you check virgin america airline
2012 March
2011 Feb, July
2010 March, June
2009 Oct, May
2008 Oct, May, March
2007 Dec, Aug
bluegrizzlies1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #10
goofyfordisney
DIS Veteran

That's how I found out about lower rates for our trip!

Since you're not traveling until early December, I'd wait until you see something fantastic--its a little early to book now.

Good luck!

me , DH , DS (20) , DS (25)
goofyfordisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

When I was looking to book for Feb of last year, I set up several search engines. Airfarewatchdog was by far the best.

Usually, the airlines are fairly competetive with each other and the choice is usually about where you are flying from and too. For Seattle to Anaheim, I prefer Alaska because they have so many flights and they go to all three airports. For my next trip I ended up booking one way segments. Into Long Beach and out of LAX, because the times that worked best and the fares offered worked out that way. I like that flexibility.

The best rate I have gotten is $118 roundtrip (about $138 with taxes)
Then $145 (about $179 with taxes)

For the beginning of December, I would expect you to be able to get in the under $200 range.

So, determine what amount you would be willing to book at. Watch fares every day. When that rate comes up, book it immedietly. You never know when they will change and go up again and you will kick yourself if you miss the window.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
DisneyIsMagical
Mouseketeer

In my opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krash2501 View Post
Southwest is always having deals. I just landed a great deal for $30 each way per person from Sacramento to OC. No other airline came even close.
We have been using Jet Blue into Long Beach, lately. The prices seem to be the best from Sacramento and you don't have to wake up really early or stay up really late to get good flight prices. We have done Southwest in the past, usually the the higher prices are for later in the morning and early evening departure times. You can always take a chance and wait until the very last minute, if flights aren't full they drop the prices, bigtime!! But, I'm a planner...that wouldn't work for me, I would FREAK OUT!

First flight to DL was on Aloha, had to wake up at 2 am to make our 5 am flight...that was a rough one, but any amount of lost sleep is worth it when you know that you're going to Disneyland!!!
Dec. 1989 offsite Oct. 2007 GCH Apr. 2008 Paradise Pier Nov. 2008 GCH Concierge Sept. 2009 GCH Concierge June 2011- Offsite-Became a first time AP holder! Nov. 9-12th 2011- GCH Concierge and lunch @ Club 33
Mar. 2012 GCH Halloweentime 2012 Oct. 7-11th GCH PPH Concierge 1/24-1/27 2013 PPH Concierge May 2013 Planning Jan. 2014
DisneyIsMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #13
rune_74
Mouseketeer

I got 5 tickets out of seattle on jetblue in october for 740 american....not so bad.
rune_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
c&m
Love the Mouse but love my DH more for taking me to the Mouse House.

In March, during spring break, we flew Alaska Air from SEATAC to Long Beach. We got $59 fares each way. We booked in January to get those great fares.

Also agree with all the previous posters that Alaska Air is the best to fly with. We also collect mileage points with them, and think it's one of the best mileage programs out there. Also Long Beach is better to fly into. The airport isn't that big. You walk out, there's the baggage claim, then walk out just a little bit more, you have your car rental. Then you only have a 20 minute drive to Anaheim. So convenient.
DL July 14 (Hotel Indigo Anaheim), DL August 13 (Hyatt Orange County), WDW July 12 (AKL, Parc Soleil HGV, Hilton Orlando), WDW March 12 (Parc Soleil HGV), DL Paris Aug 11, DL March 11 (Sheraton Park), DL Aug 10 (Sheraton Garden Grove), WDW Aug/Sep 09 (AKL), DL March 09 (Hilton Garden Inn), DL July 08 (Hampton Inn), DL July 07 (Hyatt Orange County), WDW May 05 (Port Orleans Riverside),DL March 04 (Doubletree), DL September 03 (Anaheim Hilton), DL September 02 (Anaheim Marriott), DL September 01 (Hyatt Orange County), DL July 00 (Newport Dunes), WDW May 00 (Dolphin), DL May 98 (Paradise Pier), WDW January 97 (Port Orleans French Quarter), WDW August 95 (Days Inn), DL 94 (Holiday Inn)
c&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
blackssrider00
Mouseketeer

I always fly southwest ... they always have the best deals i have gotten deals from 39 one way to John Wayne from san Jose... Jet blue has some good ones too but i have never flown with them before
blackssrider00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: