Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #1231
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

When you do the Chef's Table, do they fill the table up completely (meaning if I'm one person, and the table seats eight, seven strangers will be joining me for dinner)? Or is it just a 'whoever books gets the place to themselves' deal?

Once more I'm really thinking about trying the Chef's Table by myself (the SO doesn't do fancy anything, period. Red Robin is his idea of fancy, lol) but I want to know if I'm going to be all alone or not before I think over it some more.

Can you book at 180 days out? Do you call or go online? And do you pre-pay for it?

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #1232
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
When you do the Chef's Table, do they fill the table up completely (meaning if I'm one person, and the table seats eight, seven strangers will be joining me for dinner)? Or is it just a 'whoever books gets the place to themselves' deal?

Once more I'm really thinking about trying the Chef's Table by myself (the SO doesn't do fancy anything, period. Red Robin is his idea of fancy, lol) but I want to know if I'm going to be all alone or not before I think over it some more.

Can you book at 180 days out? Do you call or go online? And do you pre-pay for it?
You get the table by yourself. Call the first day available first thing (180 or if on-site 180+10). You do not have to prepay.
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #1233
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtommie View Post
You get the table by yourself. Call the first day available first thing (180 or if on-site 180+10). You do not have to prepay.
Thank you! Now to pick a date. :D

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
AliceandAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #1234
chateau
DIS Veteran

Can Disney gift cards be used to pay or at least a DVC room charge? So happy to read a wine paring can be shared. I cannot handle much alcohol.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:41 AM   #1235
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

I would call them personally and ask.

Sept 2010 AKL Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562391
Epcot 1991 for honeymoon.....off site
M.K. & Epcot 1985 1'st visit....off site
My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
thumper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #1236
Richard M Nixon
Peacemaker

What is the atmosphere like in the Queen Victoria room? I'm liking the longer menu, but I'm disappointed to hear that the harp isn't audible. I'd like a bit of ambiance to accompany my 3 hour dinner...
Richard M Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #1237
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
Can Disney gift cards be used to pay or at least a DVC room charge? So happy to read a wine paring can be shared. I cannot handle much alcohol.
Do you mean like a Magic Band?
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #1238
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard M Nixon View Post
What is the atmosphere like in the Queen Victoria room? I'm liking the longer menu, but I'm disappointed to hear that the harp isn't audible. I'd like a bit of ambiance to accompany my 3 hour dinner...
We have dined in the QV room a few times. On one occasion, the doors were left partially opened; at another time, they were closed. However, the superb V&A CMs will be opeing and closing those doors numerous times during your dining experience. Alas, the volume of the harpist will not be clearly discernable with the doors closed. Harpist Elizabeth Gerberding skillful playing should not be missed; she provides an element of "atmosphere" that makes the V&A experience memorable.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
BC1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #1239
Richard M Nixon
Peacemaker

You can't get the expanded menu in the normal dining room, can you? The violinist sounds too good to miss.

Does the wait staff seem okay with taking pictures of the room and the food, or is that too uncouth for such a fine establishment?
Old 05-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #1240
JenKatt
Geek in training

Quote:
You can't get the expanded menu in the normal dining room, can you? The violinist sounds too good to miss.

Does the wait staff seem okay with taking pictures of the room and the food, or is that too uncouth for such a fine establishment?
I've never felt out of place taking pictures in any of the rooms provided I wasn't being obnoxious about it (big flash, getting up alot, etc)

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #1241
StayAwake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I asked if I could take photos, and my servers encouraged me to do it. They also volunteered to take several pictures of me inside the restaurant.

Pop Century- January 2014, May 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge- January 2013 All Star Sports- Disney 1/2 Marathon-January 2012 Offsite- April 2011
More trips than I can count prior to 1998 staying offsite
StayAwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:58 AM   #1242
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayAwake View Post
I asked if I could take photos, and my servers encouraged me to do it. They also volunteered to take several pictures of me inside the restaurant.
Ditto

I'm not sure if they moved the harpist since 2010, but we could hear it beautifully in QV room.

Sept 2010 AKL Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562391
Epcot 1991 for honeymoon.....off site
M.K. & Epcot 1985 1'st visit....off site
My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
thumper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #1243
Richard M Nixon
Peacemaker

Thanks for the info, everyone! I'd be sad to not have pictures of everything, as it all sounds so delicious.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #1244
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateau View Post
Can;t help with the gift card, but the MB room charge is perfectly acceptable at V&A--it's how we paid earlier this month.

And keep in mind that the Wine Pairings don't seem to be as generous as they used to be. Mrs U estimates maybe a 2 OZ pour when we ate there a few weeks ago.
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:33 AM   #1245
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

And if you use MB's, you can always pay all your charges off with the gift cards at your resort. Just be sure to do it before the night before you check out & before you reach your resort charging limit.
Have a great dinner!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: