Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #1201
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. I'll just wait for the email. We will be staying at the GF while we are at WDW so I'll just call to confirm when we check-in the day before.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #1202
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll just wait for the email. We will be staying at the GF while we are at WDW so I'll just call to confirm when we check-in the day before.
If you haven't heard from them by five days before your reservation, I'd call. Since you do have a special need, you want to give them adequate notice.I wouldn't wait until the day before.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #1203
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I was going to contact them if we never received the email. I still have about 30 days so its not a big rush yet. I just like to get everything worked out before I actually implement what I'm going to do. I have a 5 page itinerary for trip that is 2 years in the making that has notes for when I need to do this or that.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #1204
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
I have a 5 page itinerary for trip that is 2 years in the making that has notes for when I need to do this or that.
I used to plan that way when I was single... but DH would KILL me. We compromise - I plan way ahead for meals (ADRs), and we do everything else around that through our day(s) in the park. Anything we simply can't miss we aim to do early (things like Space Mountain, Soarin' and Tower of Terror are usually morning events).
Old 11-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #1205
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGaellon View Post
I used to plan that way when I was single... but DH would KILL me. We compromise - I plan way ahead for meals (ADRs), and we do everything else around that through our day(s) in the park. Anything we simply can't miss we aim to do early (things like Space Mountain, Soarin' and Tower of Terror are usually morning events).
My mother and I now split the planning duties since I'm older. She usually takes care of the rooms and I take care of the meals. Hence all the questions about Victoria and Alberts.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #1206
sabcook
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to jump on and say how excited I am that DH and I are headed to the Chef's table in just under a month to celebrate our 15th anniversary. Best part - DH hasn't a clue! Can't believe I have been able to keep it a surprise for over 5 months now - I usually tell him everything.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #1207
BonnieF
Earning My Ears

A dress question - We are heading to WDW this weekend, (getting out of this polar vortex!!) and have V&A booked for next Friday. I'm trying to decide what to wear! How dressed to people get for V&A? My husband will wear a jacket and slacks, but, I'm torn between a black sheath dress and heels, and a dressy skirt and top. I'm laughing at the prospect of getting on the bus dressed that way! Really looking forward to it!!
Thanks for any insight!
BonnieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #1208
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Here is a picture of DH and I this year at V and A

We took a bus from SSR to the monorail. After dinner we strolled in MK and took some pictures and took the bus back to SSR.

The year before I wore a black dress. It is not the best picture.
ljcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #1209
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieF View Post
A dress question - We are heading to WDW this weekend, (getting out of this polar vortex!!) and have V&A booked for next Friday. I'm trying to decide what to wear! How dressed to people get for V&A? My husband will wear a jacket and slacks, but, I'm torn between a black sheath dress and heels, and a dressy skirt and top. I'm laughing at the prospect of getting on the bus dressed that way! Really looking forward to it!!
Thanks for any insight!
During our V&A dinners, we have seen many folks really dressed up. So either of your outfits is ideal. The bus ride, however, requires at least one photo!

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
BC1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #1210
BonnieF
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
During our V&A dinners, we have seen many folks really dressed up. So either of your outfits is ideal. The bus ride, however, requires at least one photo!

All the best.
Thanks for the info! I think a picture on the bus going back should be priceless!!
BonnieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #1211
karenklo
DIS Veteran

WE just ate there 1/1/14. I had a dress and my husband wore his suit. WE did get some looks on the bus from the POR to MK, but one couple knew where we were headed! It was a fantastic experience! We were in the QVR and Don and Amy were so awesome in taking care of every need! You have to see how they make coffee!! Have a great dinner!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #1212
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenklo View Post
WE just ate there 1/1/14. I had a dress and my husband wore his suit. WE did get some looks on the bus from the POR to MK, but one couple knew where we were headed! It was a fantastic experience! We were in the QVR and Don and Amy were so awesome in taking care of every need! You have to see how they make coffee!! Have a great dinner!
We are pleased that you had an "awesome" serving team and a "great dinner."

Now then...we understand that you took the bus from POR to the MK. But how did you get to the GFR? The resort monorail or the launch?

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
BC1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #1213
Jennafoo
Mouseketeer

Birthday at V&A?

I'm considering a solo trip to WDW over my upcoming birthday. I've never been to V&A. Do they do anything special for birthdays besides the personalized menu?
Jennafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #1214
weebabes
Earning My Ears

Is Victoria and Alberts suitable for children?

Hi
We are planning to take my 11 year old daughter to Victoria and Alberts in August. She likes her food and is quite adventurous and keen to try new things.

Has anyone taken a child and how did they get on? Will the chef cater for a less mature palate?

weebabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #1215
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebabes View Post
Hi
We are planning to take my 11 year old daughter to Victoria and Alberts in August. She likes her food and is quite adventurous and keen to try new things.

Has anyone taken a child and how did they get on? Will the chef cater for a less mature palate?

Hi! it's great to hear your daughter loves food and is adventurous, because the chefs at V&A will not cater to younger palettes. Actually, children under 10 are not allowed at V&A. If you are concerned about whether or not she will like certain items I would encourage you to look up previous menus and talk to her about the dishes.

I loved V&A and my best story from my first meal there is this: I absolutely hate tomatoes. I love the flavour but the texture is what gets me. When we were seated for our first meal the amuse bouche was tomatoes 4 ways. I was immediately sure I was going to hate it, but I was so wrong! I loved every single bite! So if she is open minded and adventurous she should love it!
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
CURRENT TR: ~Without knowing why, they always say "We must go!" May 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: