Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #1171
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Ugh, really? If I haven't already been clear, we have been to V&A numerous times and I know my way around a truffle. The night we were there the dish was gnocchi with mushrooms and black truffle- it was off of the vegetarian menu. It was not a misunderstanding about the truffle taste. the truffle taste was non- existent. the mushrooms were overcooked and yucky. The " broth" they were in tasted like dirty water. I have had the exact same dish before and it has been delicious. Again, if you don't agree or care about my opinion, that's fine but questioning ( debating) my experience is pretty silly.

Like I said, no, I did not say anything at the time. Although after every course, when asked if it was good my response was either " it was okay" or " not as good as on previous visits". The waitstaff never responded as I would expect them too and ask further questions. My husband was treating me for our anniversary, he is very laid back and would be mortified if I had said anything. After the meal, he agreed it wasn't nearly as good as it was in years past. But, yes, it is probably a good idea for me to approach Israel and tell him about our disappointment.
Maybe people would take you more seriously if you weren't rude or confrontational in every reply. It was a simple question based on a menu with the exact same item (save the truffle difference). You also seem very intent of waving around your *badge* of experience. We get it - you have been there 8 times. You don't need to say it every post. I am taking your review seriously and said I was sorry it didn't live up to previous experiences. I simply asked a QUESTION about the gnocchi dish - not everyone has been so lucky to be that intimately experienced in truffle tasting

Regardless of anniversary or just plain old dinner - if you have issues as egregious as you state then you should have pointed it out during the meal. There is very little that Israel can do now to fix the situation and very little that can be done. To be honest, a complaint days and weeks after the fact isn't really helpful to a restaurant. How can they fix something that was wrong a week ago? Could it have been an off night? Sure. Could it be a real decline in the overall experience at V&A? Possibly.

I wasn't making little of your review, until you decided to be rude in response to what was a genuine question. You seem very intent on being confrontational.
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #1172
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
And, I am not trying to get any "satisfaction". I am merely sharing my experience with others.
Where on earth did I, or anyone else, say you were trying to get any satisfaction?
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #1173
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
You won't get any satisfaction or resolve of your complaint if they don't know about it.
Um, right here?

And, Tinkerbelle 325, if you don't want to take me seriously, that's fine. I am not defending the security of the US, here, I am sharing my opinions on a restaurant. LOL. What I think is really rude is implying that I am somehow ignorant or at fault in my poor restaurant experience. And, you didn't " ask a question", you basically said I didn't know what I was eating. Rude.

Take the review or leave it, all is good.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #1174
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
Um, right here?

And, Tinkerbelle 325, if you don't want to take me seriously, that's fine. I am not defending the security of the US, here, I am sharing my opinions on a restaurant. LOL. What I think is really rude is implying that I am somehow ignorant or at fault in my poor restaurant experience.

Take the review or leave it, all is good.
I was not implying you were ignorant - I asked a question. Apparently you are either hyper sensitive or you have forgotten this is a message forum where ALL opinions are shared. I will say for the THIRD time that I have not once said your complaints were invalid. You, however, seem very content to impress upon everyone your multiple visits to V&A - so I'll gladly say I feel that is arrogant - at least to mention it in every single post.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #1175
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

It was not said out of arrogance at all. My point n mentioning it was because I have many other visits to compare it to. I think that is an important point of reference, don't you?
Old 10-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #1176
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
It was not said out of arrogance at all. My point n mentioning it was because I have many other visits to compare it to. I think that is an important point of reference, don't you?
To mention once, sure. But when others, such as myself, asked questions for CLARIFICATION (not to belittle your review in any way), you felt the need to re-emphasize that fact over and over. I understand being frustrated by some comments that seem to say "but V&A can never be bad" but that is not what I was saying. I simply wanted some clarification and shared by sympathies for having a less than stellar experience. You BEGAN your reply to me with an exasperated tone and descended into downright rudeness. I did nothing to affront you. But I will say that my correspondence to you went from prickly to rude in response to the tone I was met with.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #1177
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

You were rude and were among those with "a V&A can do no wrong, must be you" tone. You Implied my bad experience was due to my ignorance. If you want to believe you were innocent in this exchange, that's cool. Whatever gets you through the day. Multiple visits to V&A was an important reference point for my review. If I talked about a fancy car or size of a house, then that would have been arrogance and irrelevant.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #1178
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
You were rude and were among those with "a V&A can do no wrong, must be you" tone. You Implied my bad experience was due to my ignorance. If you want to believe you were innocent in this exchange, that's cool. Whatever gets you through the day. Multiple visits to V&A was an important reference point for my review. If I talked about a fancy car or size of a house, then that would have been arrogance and irrelevant.
Well I'm down the rabbit hole now lol. What exactly is the point of a negative review after the fact unless you voiced your concerns at the restaurant?

And I am fully aware that V&A can do wrong. I haven't dined there in 2 years because our last meal was not satisfactory. However, I didn't write a scathing review on a thread that is about FAQ.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #1179
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

My goodness, you are like the energizer bunny!

What is the purpose of ANY review? To provide info. that might be useful to others, right? If I saw multiple less than stellar reviews from people who had experienced the restaurant or hotel in the past, it might make me re-think going there or might set my expectations differently or might influence what I order. Or I might ignore the review as not relevant to me.

If I was looking for restitution and didn't care about ruining a lovely, romantic evening, I would have vocally complained. Frankly, if I were a server at a restaurant like this and someone said a course "was okay", I would have asked some questions. That just shows how passive the service was. I will chalk mine up to a learning experience and probably not go again. No harm, no foul.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #1180
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Tinkerbellie16 I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience. We ate there on September 30 and both of us had many of the same dishes that you and your husband ate. Perhaps it was that they had the F&W dinner, or perhaps my partner and I have different tastes, but we absolutely loved the Asian inspired amuse bouche. The Poussin and the Octopus, and I'm not gloating, but the Maine Diver Scallop was cooked to perfection for my taste (I also like my meat still mooing). I also enjoyed the lamb, and had a great Grand Mariner Souffle, the flavor was delicate and subtle.

I had not been to V&A's in over three years and reading some of the comments on this thread helped me to decide to add it into our trip this Fall. We had an amazing experience there and it was everything I expected it to be from the service to the food. We also had an 8:45 reservation on a Monday night and practically had the place to ourselves. There weren't very many other people in the restaurant so perhaps that helped too.

I completely understand that restaurants can have an off night, and I don't want to discount that some people did not have the meals that they wanted when they dined there. I just wanted to say that our meal was fantastic. Now I can't claim that I am an expert at cuisine. I enjoy fine dining, but I also love some good Fish & Chips, a juicy burger and even a good corn dog. But for us, it was a nice romantic night with some great food, and we left feeling very pleased. I'm sorry for those who had different experiences and needed to get food at a QS because what was served at V&A's was that bad.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #1181
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

And this had been our experience at every other visit but the last. We were sad after this last meal. It was the kind of place we dreamed about returning to every year and now, we won't be rushing back in the near future.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #1182
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
And this had been our experience at every other visit but the last. We were sad after this last meal. It was the kind of place we dreamed about returning to every year and now, we won't be rushing back in the near future.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. This is how we felt after our last meal at 'Ohana where we had also had some good meals. The only thing that we really were happy with was the Bread Pudding, it's just disappointing to have high expectations and they are not met. Just due to timing, we won't have the opportunity to go back to V&A's for some time, so we'll see whether or not we choose to go there when we can.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #1183
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
And, I am not trying to get any "satisfaction". I am merely sharing my experience with others.
All I said is that you may want to contact V&A's... if they are having issues... then it is always a good thing to let them know... They can't check into it if they aren't aware of it. It doesn't matter if it's weeks after... Disney listens to their guests and makes changes.

Satisfaction can come in the form of peace of mind - from helping them to correct anything if it's needed, to also help other guests (and maybe even you at another time) enjoy the experience.

While Disney does peruse the Disboards... it's helpful if they hear it from a guest themselves.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #1184
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

I do agree and I will follow up and share my concerns. I will let everyone know the response.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #1185
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: