Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #1036
donut42
Earning My Ears

my 180 ADR day is coming up quickly. while i am clear on how to make ADRs using the "old" site at 6am ET to optimize my chances, I am confused if QVR can be booked online. the website gives two online reservation options for the V&A: Chef's Table or just plain, old V&A. i assume the latter is for the main dining room. is it not possible to book QVR online? thanks for your help
donut42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #1037
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut42
my 180 ADR day is coming up quickly. while i am clear on how to make ADRs using the "old" site at 6am ET to optimize my chances, I am confused if QVR can be booked online. the website gives two online reservation options for the V&A: Chef's Table or just plain, old V&A. i assume the latter is for the main dining room. is it not possible to book QVR online? thanks for your help
I actually didn't think you could make v&a adrs online! I knew they had a separate reservation line, if you call .

Sorry I'm no help. Someone will know.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #1038
2manypets
DIS Veteran

@donut42...When I tried to book online it didn't give me a choice of dining areas. I had to call to get QVR. The woman I spoke with was very sweet and helpful.

@t daniels...Thank you, I will probably go out and get a LBD. In the heat of summer it sounds more comfortable than a full length.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #1039
mikeyusc
Earning My Ears

My 180 is coming soon.. I've seen conflicting info..can Chef's Table be booked online, or do i need to call the V&A line directly?

1996 - All Star Music - MK Parade!
mikeyusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #1040
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

I was able to book the main dining room on the website.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #1041
donut42
Earning My Ears

@2manypets - thanks for clarifying. that is what i figured. we are staying for 6 nights in november and i was hoping to surprise my mom with a rez at the CT for the two of us. from what ive read it sounds like even doing 180+6 for me there is a good chance it will already be booked during my entire stay by guests who arrive earlier and are staying longer and can do 180+10. oh well, hopefully we can "settle" for QVR as our backup plan

i called the v&a line and a young man told me that almost every single morning the CT is booked online at 6am by someone with 180+10. he said by the time they open at 9am and start taking calls it is almost always gone. however, you can ask to be put on a wait list for CT
donut42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #1042
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyusc View Post
My 180 is coming soon.. I've seen conflicting info..can Chef's Table be booked online, or do i need to call the V&A line directly?
I am surprising my wife to be with our last dinner being the Chef's Table at Victoria & Albert's on our honeymoon. I was able to book it online.

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #1043
eeyore#1fan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut42 View Post
@2manypets - thanks for clarifying. that is what i figured. we are staying for 6 nights in november and i was hoping to surprise my mom with a rez at the CT for the two of us. from what ive read it sounds like even doing 180+6 for me there is a good chance it will already be booked during my entire stay by guests who arrive earlier and are staying longer and can do 180+10. oh well, hopefully we can "settle" for QVR as our backup plan

i called the v&a line and a young man told me that almost every single morning the CT is booked online at 6am by someone with 180+10. he said by the time they open at 9am and start taking calls it is almost always gone. however, you can ask to be put on a wait list for CT

You can book the CT online. I was able to do it for June at 5 am central time.
eeyore#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #1044
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Also... if you call V&A's directly... you can ask that you be put on a waiting list for the CT... I've done it and actually been called if someone has canceled. It's probably rare... but it does happen

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #1045
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

CT and main dining room are separate links online. Maybe that's the confusion.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #1046
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

I sent them the first e-mail with my questions and requests since the website won't let you put in a non-US phone-number. It won't even NOT let you put in a phone-number. So I put in their own....

But that meant it might be a good idea to contact them first

Just had an e-mail from V&A with regards to my requests (DH no cheese or tomato, me no seafood/onions/mushrooms/asparagus/anything cabbagy)
I'll get an alternative for the seafood-course which is good.

They even asked for some details so they could make sure everything would be just right.

Can't wait to see DH's face when I tell him where we are going to have dinner

Luckily we'll have the right clothes already with us since we will travel to the US by ship: Queen Mary II. That is a ship where you also dress up for dinner!
So no need to sneakily pack his suit....
RedfromNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #1047
2manypets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
CT and main dining room are separate links online. Maybe that's the confusion.
I wish I knew that at my 180 + 10!. I didn't realize there were two links for V & A (even though now I see the links right there in plain sight ).

I really wanted the CT but by the time I got around to calling it was booked up.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #1048
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Yesterday I ordered my normal Iced Tea. The Ice Cubes in the glass were brown. It turns out they now make ice cubes out of tea, so when a person orders Iced Tea, as the cubes melt they will not dilute the tea. Another touch of elegance.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #1049
pink5683
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Yesterday I ordered my normal Iced Tea. The Ice Cubes in the glass were brown. It turns out they now make ice cubes out of tea, so when a person orders Iced Tea, as the cubes melt they will not dilute the tea. Another touch of elegance.
That is awesome! It's the little touches like that that are making me so excited to dine there in October!

pink5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #1050
chasgoose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by engle View Post
I would say no to khakis. We are talking pretty dressy. My husband always wears a suit and is not over dressed. And I would say around 3 hours average. The wine pairing is a must do. If you like wine even remotely, you will love the pairings. And every course in my opinion is amazing. Do it. You will not be disappointed.
Khakis and a blazer should be fine. Even in NYC at places like Per Se/Eleven Madison Park, you wouldn't be underdressed with khakis and a blazer. So long as it meets the dress code, wear what you want.
chasgoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: