Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #916
Shannon12
Mouseketeer

Just a quick question....How long before your reservation do they call you? Actually do they call you?
Thanks!

Shannon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #917
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon12 View Post
Just a quick question....How long before your reservation do they call you? Actually do they call you?
Thanks!
On our first few visits, we were called several weeks ahead. Prior to a later visit we called them when we didn't hear from V&A within a week of our departure from home.

Enjoy your dining experience.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite.
BC1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #918
jasperess
Mouseketeer

Just heard it mentioned on another thread that prices went up and there might be a choice of a few tasting menus now? $135 for the cheaper, $210 for the more expensive or something like that with debate over whether the wine pairings have gone up to $65 or (eek) $105.

Does anyone have more specific information??
Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #919
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperess View Post
$135 for the cheaper, $210 for the more expensive or something like that with debate over whether the wine pairings have gone up to $65 or (eek) $105.
Sounds like the prices for the main dining room vs Chef's Table/Queen Victoria Room. Yup, just checked the website. Main room is $135 for dinner and $65 for wine, the CT/QVR is $210 for dinner and $105 for wine.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #920
jasperess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGaellon View Post
Sounds like the prices for the main dining room vs Chef's Table/Queen Victoria Room. Yup, just checked the website. Main room is $135 for dinner and $65 for wine, the CT/QVR is $210 for dinner and $105 for wine.
Ah yeah, that would make sense. Sounds like people however were getting a choice between the two menus (one on each side of the page)... maybe they were mistaken? Or maybe V&A's now offers both QVR and normal in the dining room...

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #921
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

We are locals (well, an hour from the parks) and I want to surprise my husband with dinner at V & A. My first question, about how long does the meal last? We will be leaving our little ones home with a sitter so we need to know how long we will be gone. I need to figure out if I should wait until I wean my 9 month old. Also, does it book up 180 days in advance, or do I have a shot at getting a reservation in early December? Thanks!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #922
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy3girls View Post
We are locals (well, an hour from the parks) and I want to surprise my husband with dinner at V & A. My first question, about how long does the meal last? We will be leaving our little ones home with a sitter so we need to know how long we will be gone. I need to figure out if I should wait until I wean my 9 month old. Also, does it book up 180 days in advance, or do I have a shot at getting a reservation in early December? Thanks!
The main dining room is six courses and lasts two to two-and-a-half hours. The QVR/Chef's Table is 10 to 12 courses and lasts about four hours.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #923
Pygoplites
Mouseketeer

My dinners at V&A have ranged from a bit over 2 hours (main room, dining solo) to around 4 hours (QV Room birthday dinner). The average has probably been about 2 3/4 hours. I've had good luck booking the main dining room on fairly short notice (30-45 days or less), but I tend to go to WDW during less-busy seasons. Early seatings seem to fill faster than the late ones. December is a good time to go...truffle season!! Their truffle brioche is the best bread I've ever had.
Pygoplites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #924
hardlabor
Mouseketeer

We have a reservation in the main dining room for 12/13. We are celebrating our DDs 16th birthday as well as our 25th anniversary. The three of us are really looking forward to it! Anyone else scheduled the same time?
hardlabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #925
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Latecomer to the thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ12345 View Post
I just got the Queen Victoria Room for our trip in November. I had booked the main dining room but starting reading about QVR and decided to try for the same night and got it! AHHH! I'm so excited.

I do have a few questions though. I want to take pictures of each course. Would this be frowned upon or look ridiculous??? I wouldn't use flash or anything. Also, would the servers be willing to take a picture of us? I know it's a dumb thing to worry about but I don't want to look like I've never been out to dinner. hahaha

Also, we can split the wine pairing correct in the QVR? We normally do not drink at all so I'm afraid a wine pairing for each of us would be too much?

OH MY GOD! I'm so excited. (like I've never been out to dinner before excited. )
First of all, I had no idea there was such a thread - but here is link to a table of VnA reports for those looking for pictures of a sample meal: Click Here

That said, obviously, you can see that I have been taking pictures - but there was a patron in the dinng room in March who sent the waitress over to ask that I stop taking pictures. Just FYI, it is a hot topic these days and you never know for sure what will be accepted!

A puzzled diner at the adjoining table asked me why I thought they had made that request. My response = "Because they can." I have read various articles in restaurant blogs. pro / con. Whatever. I can go with th flow.

ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #926
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
First of all, I had no idea there was such a thread - but here is link to a table of VnA reports for those looking for pictures of a sample meal: Click Here

That said, obviously, you can see that I have been taking pictures - but there was a patron in the dinng room in March who sent the waitress over to ask that I stop taking pictures. Just FYI, it is a hot topic these days and you never know for sure what will be accepted!

A puzzled diner at the adjoining table asked me why I thought they had made that request. My response = "Because they can." I have read various articles in restaurant blogs. pro / con. Whatever. I can go with th flow.
If we are the only guests in the QVR, we'll take several photos; however, if we are not, we don't. Still, a single photo at the end of dinner taken by a CM is understandable and unobtrusive.

Enjoy.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite.
BC1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #927
SonomaCountyDad
Earning My Ears

Wait list came through

We got some great news today. A few months ago (180 days before our trip), I got up at 4am (CA time) and tried to make a V&A reservation in the Chef's Table, but it was already taken. I had us put on the wait list, but I didn't have much hope. Earlier today, we were contacted by Disney and told that the original party had canceled and we were next in line for the Chef's Table. Now, we will have our dream dinner when we go in November. I know it would have been a fantastic experience in the Queen Victoria's Room, but I'm thrilled to get the chance to be at the Chef's Table.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #928
Pygoplites
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaCountyDad View Post
We got some great news today. A few months ago (180 days before our trip), I got up at 4am (CA time) and tried to make a V&A reservation in the Chef's Table, but it was already taken. I had us put on the wait list, but I didn't have much hope. Earlier today, we were contacted by Disney and told that the original party had canceled and we were next in line for the Chef's Table. Now, we will have our dream dinner when we go in November. I know it would have been a fantastic experience in the Queen Victoria's Room, but I'm thrilled to get the chance to be at the Chef's Table.
Wow, that's great! You'll have to tell us all about it.
Pygoplites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #929
jmkst58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaInNc View Post
I just ate there on my birthday 6-30. One thing they did for me was accomidate my needs for small portions due to a Gastric Bypass surgery 2 and a half years ago. When I first called they said they dont adjust the price. One of the managers called me but we played telephone tag and never got to talk.

When I arrived the waiter told me that they would be happy to accomodate me. I could go with the regular menu or just pick which pieces I wanted and they would charge me an a la carte price.

I got tiny portions of every course and it was still too much food. I think that my cost was 75.00.

I got to try each course and the tiny portions helped.

We are going back in October!! I want to be a regular there!
THAT IS MY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**sorry I just had to post & tell you. And I was in WDW for 6/30/12 this year for my very 1st visit on my birthday ever!!!!!!!!! I ate at California Grill that night though. We've been to V&A for our wedding anniversary before- but never my birthday- that would be SO GREAT!!

***sorry- just have to post & tell you that we share a birthday!!!
jmkst58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #930
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaCountyDad View Post
Congrats and enjoy.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: