Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #631
mjtm610
Mouseketeer

We went to V&A last october. I can understand when anyone wants to avoid certain food, meats, vegetables, etc. I, personally, don't like duck. My husband doesn't care for seafood, my daughter doesn't like mushrooms.
However, when we all went to V&A's (there were 7 of us----and I've NEVER seen a bill that hight before) we all decided to "go with the flow". The chefs know what goes best with what and we were paying alot for the whole experience.
Having said that, you do get choices. I didn't order the duck, buy my husband did. We had 7 of us so we all tried to try different things, and then we did the unthinkable-----we shared! It was wonderful!! I might not ever order duck again....but V&A's knows the best way to prepare everything!
I know it's a risk......but isn't that what you want.....a new experience? Go for it! at least once.
mjtm610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #632
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advokaat View Post
How many people will the Chef's Table accomodate?
I know that it is very comfortable for six. Eight may work, but ten is crowded.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #633
TwoIfBySea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advokaat View Post
How many people will the Chef's Table accomodate?
I've been told anywhere from 1 to 10. But your party will be the only party seated at the table, even if you are just one person.

The website (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/din...a-and-alberts/) says 2 to 10. So maybe they don't accomodate parties of just one person anymore.
TwoIfBySea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #634
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
Gosh, love V&As - that place is D-vine!

A cocktail dress with killer heels will be great! I wore a long black dress, shawl, clutch, and some killer leopard print stilettos - not once did I feel overly dressed at-all. There were ladies in simple business skirt/pant/sweater attire to some very dressed up ...as in a corseted top/long petticoated skirt/extra tall feathers sticking straight up in the air on her head.
Thanks. I will not be wearing feathers to V&A.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:52 PM   #635
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Chef's Table - Oct 2011

Thought you might enjoy some photos from a recent (Oct 2011) visit to the Chef's table. Highly, highly recommend it, if you ever have the chance! I am NOT what I would ever term an adventurous eater and this was simply spectacular. Opened my eyes to so many things I was shying away from thinking I wouldn't like.

And the staff is just out of this world. Can't wait to go back!

Amuse-Bouche
Soft-poached quail egg with gaililee caviar
Ahi tuna with pickled ginger
Maine lobster charmoula
Butternut Squash soup

Heirloom tomatoes, iberico ham-wrapped gulf shrimp, and burrata cheese with yellow tomato gazpacho

**Sorry! I guess I missed a picture of this!**

Cold "smoked" niman ranch lamb with fuji apple and curry dressing

Sake-soy marinated alaskan king salmon with bok choy and soy beans

**another missed photo but comes with the highest praise -- we were truly focused on the experience and not the photos. It was amazing. I would ordinarily tell you that I don't like salmon and yet I LOVED this!**

Roasted Quail with asian pears and serrano ham jus

Veal Sweetbreads and shank with chanterelle mushroom ragout

Australian Kobe-style bef with garlic-potato puree

Southern belle chevre, gouda goat, colston bassett stilton and 24-month parmigiano-reggiano

Orange panna cotta with chartreuse-pineapple sorbet

Mocha-scented tanzanite chocolate mousse timbale and chocolate cocktail

If you have the chance to dine at the Chef's table... DO IT!!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #636
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Wow, that truly looks amazing. Someday I will move up to the Chef's Table...need to find a dining companion to share it with first! I don't mind dining solo in the dining room but feel funny about the Chef's Table.

Jill in CO
Old 01-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #637
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

As far as mens ware-Can my DFH wear his Navy dress blues? Bringing with him anyways since we are getting married on this trip. I would hate to have to go buy him a sports coat when he has the military equivalent of a tux.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #638
kpatches
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
As far as mens ware-Can my DFH wear his Navy dress blues? Bringing with him anyways since we are getting married on this trip. I would hate to have to go buy him a sports coat when he has the military equivalent of a tux.
I would say that his dress blues would be extremely appropriate and would be very much welcomed at V&A. And congrats to you and your fiance!!!

Last edited by kpatches; 01-06-2012 at 08:51 PM.
kpatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #639
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi
I really want to make reservations here on my next trip. I don't eat any meat and very little seafood. Has anyone had every course from the vegetarian menu and how was it? Thanks!!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #640
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
BIG for the Dress Blues!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #641
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatches View Post
I would say that his dress blues would be extremely appropriate and would be very much welcomed at V&A. And congrats to you and your fiance!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
BIG for the Dress Blues!!!
Thanks! I figured as much but I wanted to double check. We are going on DCL after WDW so I have him wearing the thing 4 times! lol. Thank goodness he loves me so much because he hates that uniform! (made of wool, way scratchy and hot!)
Old 01-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #642
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Just think of how BLOWN away everyone around you will be!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #643
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

We ate there in December in the Queen Victorian Room. It was an unforgettable evening. The food was amazing, along with the wine pairings. We had a very romantic table right next to the fireplace. Allen, our server was amazing. He was very attentive, but knew when to leave us alone to enjoy our meal. It was a meal of a lifetime. We haven't stopped talking about the meal.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #644
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Navy blues are VERY MUCH appropriate for V&A (or anywhere else for that matter). Thank him for his service and thank you for your support of his service. The spouse at home serves as well! I hope you two enjoy V&A as much as DW and I did.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #645
Kimann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
We ate there in December in the Queen Victorian Room. It was an unforgettable evening. The food was amazing, along with the wine pairings. We had a very romantic table right next to the fireplace. Allen, our server was amazing. He was very attentive, but knew when to leave us alone to enjoy our meal. It was a meal of a lifetime. We haven't stopped talking about the meal.
We dined there last week and had Allen. He is great! Never made us feel uncomfortable and by the end of the meal we were asking him questions about the silverware.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: