Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #391
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkh1978 View Post
Anyone there Nov 30? lol
We are.
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #392
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
I am sure they have a full bar as well.
My first trip to V&A will be Nov 30, but I hear they do not have a full bar in the restaurant but use the bar at another GF restaurant.
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #393
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtommie View Post
We are.
Main room, QV, or chef's table?
Old 10-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #394
cdtommie

Quote:
Main room, QV, or chef's table?
Six of us in the main room. They use the bar from Citrico's
Old 10-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #395
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtommie View Post
Six of us in the main room. They use the bar from Citrico's
We'll be in the QV
Old 10-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #396
cdtommie

Quote:
We'll be in the QV
I'm sure you'll have a fantastic experience - will be third time to V&A's for my wife and I, first time for her brother/sister and their spouses.

They really do a good job with the wine pairings but you can certainly get a bottle of wine or pretty much any mixed drink and maybe a couple of decent beers (not many) instead...last visit about 2-3 years ago we finished off a half bottle of Penfold's Grange that the couple next to us left - we certainly lucked out on that.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #397
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm in the process of reading backwards thru this thread. Glad I found it as we're really thinking over a no-teens evening for our upcoming trip and V&A's is the top contender for our splurge sans kids.

One thing I've been wondering about...the wine pairings. I've tried for years to like wine with no success. Lots of wine-drinking friends have tried to bring me to the wine-o side of things and I just can't seem to make it. There's always something I don't like about all the different wines I've tried. In recent years I've given up on wine almost entirely. Sooooo, I'm wondering if V&A's pairings might be something I'd finally like if I tried again. I'm almost embarrassed to ask if I called V&A's, but I so wish there was a beer pairing. I know, I know. How tacky. Right? There's just such an array of wonderful beers/lagers/ales out there now I feel like it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for this alternative to work. Seriously. And I know I'm not the only person who would enjoy the experience of finer beers with fine cuisine.

**sigh** Hubby thinks I should book the dinner but not the wine. So if you don't have wine pairings, what beverages are offered? Standard sodas, tea, and water? ((Not that I'm a soda person...I'm not...but the hubby sure is!))
It's a lot of money (and a lot of wine!) for someone who doesn't like wine. I DO like wine, but the wine pairing was too much for me; I just ordered two glasses separately, taking the server's advice on which course I was eating at the time. That was more than enough!

But as noted above, you don't have to decide until you're seated.

Yes, they have standard sodas, a selection of teas, iced tea, coffee, water and sparkling water.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:08 AM   #398
QuirkyButterfly
DIS Veteran

Since we are traveling from Australia my DBF doesn't want to lug a full suit with him. Will they lend him a jacket for the night?
I would also love to document the night, would it be very uncouth for me to take photos of all of the courses. Thanks for the advice.
QuirkyButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #399
cdtommie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyButterfly View Post
Since we are traveling from Australia my DBF doesn't want to lug a full suit with him. Will they lend him a jacket for the night?
I would also love to document the night, would it be very uncouth for me to take photos of all of the courses. Thanks for the advice.
Yes, they will lend him a jacket.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #400
YodasMom
Holy Cow!! 741!!
Been there, done that...and lost sleep! Yuk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuirkyButterfly View Post
I'm going to........I plan on taking my point & shoot with me........leaving my big DSLR in the room, though.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #401
TheDISneyFamily
°O° DIS Friendship Pixie °O°
I call it the Save & Splurge!
We're ready to meet some DIS'ers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodasMom View Post
I'm going to........I plan on taking my point & shoot with me........leaving my big DSLR in the room, though.
There has been much debate about taking pictures at V&A. Some say it's OK, some say it's rude. Personally, I would never take flash photos in the dining room. I wouldn't want to bother anyone else who is dining next to me & paid a premium for enjoying a nice quiet romantic dinner. Now, back at the chef's table, I take all the photos I want. Taking pictures without flash is fine... and even taking just a couple with flash I guess is OK... just not several flash photos of each course! That adds up to quite a few!

Home Sweet Home - BWV - I'm going back to my happy place!

***DIS/TFW Friendship Pixie***
TheDISneyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #402
YodasMom
Holy Cow!! 741!!
Been there, done that...and lost sleep! Yuk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDISneyFamily View Post
There has been much debate about taking pictures at V&A. Some say it's OK, some say it's rude. Personally, I would never take flash photos in the dining room. I wouldn't want to bother anyone else who is dining next to me & paid a premium for enjoying a nice quiet romantic dinner. Now, back at the chef's table, I take all the photos I want. Taking pictures without flash is fine... and even taking just a couple with flash I guess is OK... just not several flash photos of each course! That adds up to quite a few!
I never use a flash in signature restaurants. I don't need to anyway!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #403
Dreamin Disney
Mouseketeer

Victoria & Albert's Very Romantic

It is a wonderful way to celebrate an anniversary or birthday. They have the market on making you feel special for any occasion and even though a bit pricey ... it is definitely worth it. I think that I might take my daugter there for her 16th birthday if we go to Disney that year. Just got back from celebrating her 13th so got a couple of years to plan.
Dreamin Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #404
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My first trip to V&A will be Nov 30, but I hear they do not have a full bar in the restaurant but use the bar at another GF restaurant.
Fear not. The wine and beer selections that they offer (especially in the wine pairings, which also, on occasion, utilizes select beers) are first rate!
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
BC1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #405
The Duchess
DIS Veteran

We try to eat here every trip. This will be our fifth meal at V&A and the first for DS who is 12. I had to get him black pants and jacket and he looks very mature...
of course he's almost as tall as me already!
He's very excited for Kobe beef and we have the menu up on our fridge!

The Duchess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: