Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #376
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone - great information in this thread!

We'll be visiting Disney in December for my 30th birthday, and I am all of a sudden regretting that we didn't book Victoria and Alberts during our trip.

What do you think are the chances that we can get a reservation for Saturday Dec 11 or Sunday Dec 12? I'm guessing the Chef's Table goes fast - but I'm wondering if the rest of the restaurant books up completely typically?

I just tried calling the reservation line, but they were closed for the day...

Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

My 2013 trip report! Makiní our way, itís an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #377
JenKatt
Geek in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post

We'll be visiting Disney in December for my 30th birthday, and I am all of a sudden regretting that we didn't book Victoria and Alberts during our trip.

What do you think are the chances that we can get a reservation for Saturday Dec 11 or Sunday Dec 12? I'm guessing the Chef's Table goes fast - but I'm wondering if the rest of the restaurant books up completely typically?

You should be able to get a reservation in the main dining room without a problem, even the Queen Victoria Room (maybe). Its a lighter time of year, so I doubt it's sold out.

JenKatt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #378
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We're going on the 11th and, two weeks ago when we reserved, there were still reservations available on the 11th, 12th and 13th, including several Queen Victoria room openings. The "best" times were taken, but early and late openings seemed plentiful.
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:38 PM   #379
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper* View Post
As promised here is a link to my review of V&A Queen Victorias room.

Warning you may want to have a napkin available to wipe the drool off with.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post38415846
I was excited to find this thread. We our dining in the Queen Victorias room on Dec 19th. An added bonus is that our good friends have decided to join us on our trip. We will switch off adults only nights, so our kids won't have to go to the kids' club but can enjoy the evening with their friends and the parents while we take our time. We'll reciprocate another night.

So, my dilemma is whether to read this review posted by thumper or others. I read one review of the QV room online a few weeks ago which got me interested to begin with. I usually research things to death, but I wonder if I should just go in with a blank slate and let myself be wowed. What do you think?

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #380
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I've not done QVR yet, but have done CT four times. The only decision you will have to make is do you want the wine pairings or not. Reading a review will not hurt as there will always be some changes made. Just go in with fairly high expectations and they will be exceeded.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #381
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
I was excited to find this thread. We our dining in the Queen Victorias room on Dec 19th. An added bonus is that our good friends have decided to join us on our trip. We will switch off adults only nights, so our kids won't have to go to the kids' club but can enjoy the evening with their friends and the parents while we take our time. We'll reciprocate another night.

So, my dilemma is whether to read this review posted by thumper or others. I read one review of the QV room online a few weeks ago which got me interested to begin with. I usually research things to death, but I wonder if I should just go in with a blank slate and let myself be wowed. What do you think?
Keeping in mind that I haven't been yet, I read thumper's review and I don't think you'd ruin your experience if you read it. Still, the review does reveal some surprises that would have more effect if you didn't know about them. I would say don't read the review and you might have an even better experience.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
ChildAtHeart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #382
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I've not done QVR yet, but have done CT four times. The only decision you will have to make is do you want the wine pairings or not. Reading a review will not hurt as there will always be some changes made. Just go in with fairly high expectations and they will be exceeded.
I've already made the decision to not do the wine pairing but DH definitely will. I will probably share some with him and choose a glass or two during the meal. I really enjoy wine but if I am a lightweight and if I drink too much the evening might not end up so pleasant.

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 10-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #383
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

There are seven glasses of wine with the pairings, all of which are five ounce pours. That is a lot of wine, and splitting is probably a good idea. In addition, there is a Port served with the cheese couse, but that is a smaller pour.

I am sure that if you ask for only one pairing but an empty glass for you for splitting they will be more than happy to oblige.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #384
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the feedback! I just got a reservation for Dec. 11 at 5pm! Can't wait - see you there coopersmom

5pm is a little early - but actually works out fine, because we'll have time after to check out the GF holiday decorations before heading over to MK for the parade and Wishes!

My 2013 trip report! Makiní our way, itís an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
Old 10-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #385
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! I just got a reservation for Dec. 11 at 5pm! Can't wait - see you there coopersmom

5pm is a little early - but actually works out fine, because we'll have time after to check out the GF holiday decorations before heading over to MK for the parade and Wishes!
We're there at 5:30 PM. I'll be the haven't-lost-her-baby-weight woman ("baby" is 3, by the way) with the tiny, travel-sized husband.
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #386
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Nice! I'll be the blond "almost" 30-something with a starting-to-gray husband. We're celebrating my 30th birthday!

DW DH DD2

Old 10-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #387
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

Anyone there Nov 30? lol
Old 10-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #388
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by engle View Post
Fantastic....thank you. I have been to V&A 4 times now, once to the Chef's Table. I am planning the Victoria Room soon!!!

I also must tell you, if you haven't tried the Yachtsman steakhouse you should...they have marvelous lobster bisque. It might fit the bill you are looking for....you can even order it while at the Crew's Cup Lounge (next door to Yachtsman at the Yacht Club) if they are not too busy. I had it last week and can't stop thinking about it.
Thanks we will have to try Yachtsman on our next visit. UMMM Lobster Bisque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formytinkerbelle View Post
Q about drinks...About how much is just 1 glass of wine? Do they have other alcoholic choices besides wine? Is the coffee an extra charge? I'm trying to budget our entire experience.
We liked one of our pairing so much that we ordered a 2'nd glass it was only $10.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post

Don't read my review, even though I give spoiler alerts I made the mistake of over researching and discovered a few things that would have been nicer as a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
There are seven glasses of wine with the pairings, all of which are five ounce pours. That is a lot of wine, and splitting is probably a good idea. In addition, there is a Port served with the cheese couse, but that is a smaller pour.

I am sure that if you ask for only one pairing but an empty glass for you for splitting they will be more than happy to oblige.
Yes they will the table next to us split a pairing plus she ordered a bottle of wine of her choice and he had mixed drinks as well.

Sept 2010 AKL Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562391
Epcot 1991 for honeymoon.....off site
M.K. & Epcot 1985 1'st visit....off site
My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
thumper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #389
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I'm in the process of reading backwards thru this thread. Glad I found it as we're really thinking over a no-teens evening for our upcoming trip and V&A's is the top contender for our splurge sans kids.

One thing I've been wondering about...the wine pairings. I've tried for years to like wine with no success. Lots of wine-drinking friends have tried to bring me to the wine-o side of things and I just can't seem to make it. There's always something I don't like about all the different wines I've tried. In recent years I've given up on wine almost entirely. Sooooo, I'm wondering if V&A's pairings might be something I'd finally like if I tried again. I'm almost embarrassed to ask if I called V&A's, but I so wish there was a beer pairing. I know, I know. How tacky. Right? There's just such an array of wonderful beers/lagers/ales out there now I feel like it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for this alternative to work. Seriously. And I know I'm not the only person who would enjoy the experience of finer beers with fine cuisine.

**sigh** Hubby thinks I should book the dinner but not the wine. So if you don't have wine pairings, what beverages are offered? Standard sodas, tea, and water? ((Not that I'm a soda person...I'm not...but the hubby sure is!))
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 DCL Wonder Double Dip 2x B2B (4 stops at CC!)
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #390
west&east
DIS Veteran

Thumper- Thank you for understanding. I have not yet read your review. I will definitely read it AFTER my own experience!

Sweetpee- You don't have to decide on wine until you are at the restaurant, but I wouldn't force it. Maybe just one of you should order it and share it, or maybe just ask for one glass of what they think will be the most special. If wine isn't your thing, I wouldn't fret. I am sure they have a full bar as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: