Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #346
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

Congratulations

Tinklover congrats on your upcoming nuptials. I couldn't think of a better palce on property to have a meal after a wedding.

Sept 2010 AKL Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562391
Epcot 1991 for honeymoon.....off site
M.K. & Epcot 1985 1'st visit....off site
My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
thumper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #347
jkh1978
DIS Veteran

I can't decide between the different experiences. It seems to be that in the main room its more food and fewer variety, whereas the other rooms its lots of small things. I would like to try as many things as possible.

Any advice?
jkh1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #348
tinksadler
Earning My Ears

TIW or DDP

While searching some posts, I could swear I saw one that compared using the DDP or TIW at V & As. Could anyone help guide me where this is? I've been looking for over an hour now! Thanks!

*116 days to chicks only trip, including dining at V & As!
tinksadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #349
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinksadler View Post
While searching some posts, I could swear I saw one that compared using the DDP or TIW at V & As. Could anyone help guide me where this is? I've been looking for over an hour now! Thanks!

*116 days to chicks only trip, including dining at V & As!
V&A doesn't take the DDP. In the dining room, they take TiW; at Chef's Table, they don't.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:54 AM   #350
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

We have an ADR for V&A at the Dining Room next month. This meal will be covered by our Platinum Dining Plan. We were told when we made the reservation that we have the option to upgrade to other dining tiers using our plan's allowance($125/pp)
Old 07-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #351
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Yes. The Platinum Plan is accepted at V&A.

However, it will only cover the base meal in the Dining Room. If you get any of the extra-cost options, such as the caviar or Kobe Beef, etc., or the wine pairings, that is all extra.

And if you do the Chef's Table or Queen Victoria Room the Platinum Plan will only cover the first $125 of the bill (per eligible person).

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #352
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

Just made our reservation for our upcoming anniversary in December. When we got married at Disney 2 years ago, we dined at V & A's the day after our wedding, and said we would make it an every other year affair. Well, we're coming up on year two

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
deej696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #353
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Yes. The Platinum Plan is accepted at V&A.

However, it will only cover the base meal in the Dining Room. If you get any of the extra-cost options, such as the caviar or Kobe Beef, etc., or the wine pairings, that is all extra.

And if you do the Chef's Table or Queen Victoria Room the Platinum Plan will only cover the first $125 of the bill (per eligible person).
Thank you for the reminder. My DH and I have already talked about these additional charges once we had decided to dine at V&A. We plan to splurge with one Kobe and one Wagyu($35+$80) We also plan to share the wine pairings. I hope that sharing our wine is not going to be "tacky"(I'm not much of a wine drinker) How many glasses of wine will there be? Is it going to be a four ounce or two ounce pour each?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #354
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

It is not "tacky" to split the wine pairings. Actually I think they are five ounce pours (other than the Cheese course, where you get Port in a smaller pour). And there is one glass per course .

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #355
luna99
Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythbusters I Believe in naps! - Bawb

I couldn't read this entire thread so maybe this has been asked before but has anyone done V&A while pregnant?? I booked it then found out I'm pregnant and I will be about 22 weeks along at the time of going there. There are certain things I can't eat (raw/rare meat, soft cheeses, etc) and man, does it make me sad! Normally I would eat anything V&A puts on my plate but being pregnant there are limitations.

I'm definitely going to call them to make them aware of my situation.. just wondered if anyone has experience with this. I'm SO sad I can't eat any soft cheeses! boo! I'm sure V&A has some amazing ones!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #356
YodasMom
Holy Cow!! 741!!
Been there, done that...and lost sleep! Yuk!

I will be dining at Victoria & Alberts in October with some very good friends, and am really excited!! Just a couple of questions..........

Is the Kobe beef option ordered at the dinner or does that need to be added now? Is the cost $35 or $100? I have seen both posted.

Also, what other options are provided in substitution for the cheese course, if someone does not eat raw / cold cheese?
Old 08-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #357
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodasMom View Post
I will be dining at Victoria & Alberts in October with some very good friends, and am really excited!! Just a couple of questions..........

Is the Kobe beef option ordered at the dinner or does that need to be added now? Is the cost $35 or $100? I have seen both posted.

Also, what other options are provided in substitution for the cheese course, if someone does not eat raw / cold cheese?
There were two beef upcharge items on the menu at different prices. I fished out an old menu from 2008 where an Australian "Kobe" was $35 and the Japanase Wagyu was $80. Since those were 2008 prices, I'd assume the prices would be higher now.

There were pork, lamb and veal options included in that course if you didn't want to pay the upcharge.

I have never done any substitutions on the cheese course. If there was a cheese I didn't like, I didn't eat it. The alternative option to the cheese course is usually a gelato.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #358
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Utoh!

We are in so much trouble!

My uncle was a CM in 1996 with Disney's College Program. He recently died but not before trying to get us reservations for the Chef's Table as a wedding present for our wedding in November.
After the funeral, I was talking to my aunt as she told the story of how she tried to get us reservations with my uncle dutifully watching her and telling her what to do, but wasn't certain about how to go about it. She was also worried that it would get in the way of my plans (me plan...never! ) and if I would be able to find a day to do this. Needless to say my DF and I were floored! <-I kid you not...his face looked like this! I told her I would make time, but also explained that the Chef's Table is usually booked easily 180 days out...(we're at 89 until we leave)
The next day I called, explained my story. Was told that the Chef's Table was booked until February! BUT we were able to get in on the guest list for everyday except the wedding for the Chef's Table. (Here is to hoping) We did get into the Queen Victoria Room instead. Either way, the thoughts and love behind it and the fact that we are going mean the world to us!

With that being said...I'm pretty certain we are both excited more about V&A then we are the wedding at this point!

My aunt asked that we take pictures...I'm hoping this isn't inappropriate.
(I plan on doing it either way...until they tell me to stop...it was her request and I plan to fulfill it...)

Now, after reading this thread...We are in some serious trouble. We find that with all things that we love about Disney...there are a few things that stick out to us that we always keep going back for. This sounds like it is going to be one of them! Which means any trip we take...We're just going to make sure we have an extra $400 plus tip to add to the overall total of the trip...
Old 08-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #359
YodasMom
Holy Cow!! 741!!
Been there, done that...and lost sleep! Yuk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
There were two beef upcharge items on the menu at different prices. I fished out an old menu from 2008 where an Australian "Kobe" was $35 and the Japanase Wagyu was $80. Since those were 2008 prices, I'd assume the prices would be higher now.

There were pork, lamb and veal options included in that course if you didn't want to pay the upcharge.

I have never done any substitutions on the cheese course. If there was a cheese I didn't like, I didn't eat it. The alternative option to the cheese course is usually a gelato.
Sounds great.........Thanks for the info!!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #360
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

While I did not dine at V&A this trip I was able to photograph the menu from Sept 7th

Victoria & Albert’s

September 7, 2010

Amuse Bouche
Tattinger Prestige Cuvee

Balsamic Charred Cuttlefish with Watermelon and Tomatoes
Prinz zu Salm-Dalberg Two Princes Riesling, Nahe 2008

Minnesota Elk Carpaccio with Olives, Artichokes and Chorizo Vinaigrette
Domaine King Estate Pinot Gris, Oregon 2008

Galilee Osetra Caviar with Traditional Garnishes $90 ½ oz $180 1 oz
DeSietra Osetra Caviar with Traditional Garnishes $60 ½ oz $120 1 oz
Ciroc Vodka

Citrus-Seared Scallops with Warm Verjus Vinaigrette
Michel Redde Sancerre “Les Tuilieres,” Loire 2007

Sake-soy-marinated Salmon with Bok Choy and Soy Beans
Kanbara “Bride of the Fox” Gohyakumangoku Junmai Ginjo, Nigata

Dover Sole with Lobster Bisque and Vanilla Foam
Hyde Vineyard “HDV” Chardonnay, Napa Valley 2007

Brentwood Corn Soup with a Petite Crab Casserole
Estrella Inedit, Spain

Roulade of Ocala Rabbit with Pistachios and Apricots
Cesari Mara Ripasso Valpolicella, Veneto 2008

Duck Breast, Duck Sausage, and Confit with Strawberry and Rhubarb
La Crema “Los Carneros,” Pinot Noir, Carneros 2007

Pork Tenderloin and Belly with Baby Beets and Sherry-Bacon Vinaigrette
Trinitas “Old Vine” Zinfandel, Contra Costa County 2006
Niman Ranch Lamb with Spring Asparagus and Minted Jus
Ceretto Rossano Dolcetto d’Alba 2006

Marcho Farms Veal Tenderloin with Marble Potatoes and Sauce Soubise
Pirathon Shiraz, Barossa Valley 2005

Australian “Kobe” Beef Tenderloin with Smoked Garlic-Potato Puree $35.00
100% Pure Wagyu Tenderloin with Oxtail Jus $80.00
Duckhorn Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2006

Colston Bassett Stilton, Southern Belle Chevre, Gouda Reypenaer V.S.O.P. and Barber’s Cheddar
Quinta de Crasto Late Bottled Vintage Port 2005

White Chocolate Gelato with Tableside Shavings
I Vignaioli di S. Stefano Moscato d’Asti, Santo Stefano Belbo 2009

Tanzanie Chocolate Pyramid with a Champagne-Chambord Truffle

Meyer Lemon and Blood Orange Purse with Blackberry-Violet Sherbet

Caramelized Banana Gateau

Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee

Grand Marnier Souffle

Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle

“Celebes” Coffee Tea and Friandise

Price remains $125pp, and $60 for wine pairings

Only 43 days until my next meal at V&A
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: